[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

15 minutes ago, Jso said:

bluedog_Atlas_Decoupler25m

It's at the bottom of the file Gamedata\Bluedog_DB\Parts\Atlas\bluedog_Atlas_Decoupler1875m.cfg.

I really still can't see the file in the folder, but I can use it in the game. Thank you so much fo the name but I still get the "part banned error" message. I also tried renaming it with periods (The rest of the files in the list uses "." instead of "_" ) but still the same.

19 minutes ago, Kerbal01 said:

yo, the Sarnus S-IVC-25K tank has weird issues. Shows up small in the previews and when you put it on the rocket, but gets very big on the pad so you need to revert it and place it on the node properly.

I have not had any issues with this tank.   I use it regularly.    I would have to know what you mean by "...bug gets very big on the pad..."   Do you mean the Diameter gets larger than 3.75m?

15 hours ago, Kurld said:

Not to sound butthurt or anything... but what does it need to make you more happy?  Unless @Jso changed it significantly since original release, it's pretty much the same code, config, etc as the PEBKAC LES.

I haven't actually played this game in months, so there is a chance some recent update killed performance or something. I'd be willing to take some time and fix things up if this is the case.

The multiple abort modes found in the Kane LES, for starters, along with the automatic flip and tower jettison. The "Standard" PEBKAC seems to be lacking these features, unless I missed some patch I needed to add.

4 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

The multiple abort modes found in the Kane LES, for starters, along with the automatic flip and tower jettison. The "Standard" PEBKAC seems to be lacking these features, unless I missed some patch I needed to add.

I will assume you simply don't have the latest PEBKAC LES. The original release from mid-2015 did not do much except have more power, but the current version is pretty much identical to the one that BDB uses, as far as I remember. And it does have a version without a BPC.

Another theory: As about a 1000 YouTube viewers mercilessly pointed out to its author, the video review I've linked on the mod's release thread incorrectly shows the stock KSP LES as being part of the mod. Maybe you only watched the video that far and quit before getting to the good stuff?

If you get the latest version and still have troubles, PM me and we'll try to figure it out.

Edited by Kurld
more words

19 hours ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

I really still can't see the file in the folder, but I can use it in the game. Thank you so much fo the name but I still get the "part banned error" message. I also tried renaming it with periods (The rest of the files in the list uses "." instead of "_" ) but still the same.

I'm pretty sure he means all the config info for the part is copied into, and at the bottom of, the bluedog_Atlas_Decoupler1875m.cfg file... Open that file in a text editor, and scroll down till you come across the second "PART{ }" section... should be labeled named with " bluedog_Atlas_Decoupler25m "...
You can basically combine as many part config files into one .cfg file as you want, this way... I wouldnt recommend it tho... :wink:
Some mods do it with very similar parts, for good "reasons"...

Edited by Stone Blue

19 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

If multiple parts use the same model or the same texture this is actually a pretty good PRACTICE.   Thus if you modify one part you know all the other parts that might be affected.  

Conversely putting 2 widely different parts together (say a Fuel tank for Rocket 1 and an Engine for Rocket 77,) well then...  Hilarity, hi-jinx and down right frustration can occur.

My personal Hypergolic Titan update (converts all the Hypergolic BDB engines and tanks to actual hypergolic fuels..) is something like 90 parts long.    It can be FUN to test if something is codded wrong.  And I am GOOD at accidentally forgetting a closing ]

In the future you might see nested MM configs right in the main part file too.   Currently the F-1/F-1A is like this but there are more and more parts that are re-using the same models (J-2T-200/250K for example.)

1 hour ago, Kerbal01 said:

I am running 1.4.1 https://imgur.com/a/MGVpm

Proof is in the pudding.  The last picture is of the Saturn IVB RESCALED into the Saturn IVC fuel tank (the REALLY long pipe is a dead give away.)   You have an out of date Extras folder file for the Saturn Multi-Body/MLV Saturn.  And yes before you ask, if two parts have the exact same name... Weirdness can ensue.

Work is being done to eliminate the possibility of these artifacts causing issues in the future (RE-scales are getting a new naming convention rather than what the actual part name SHOULD be.)   This will greatly reduce the chance of files from the Extra Folder having same names as files with Bespoke Parts of Awesomeness from Cobaltwolf  That is one of the back end changes for a future update though.

Your solution is simple. 

Delete the files you took from the extras folder from your BDB directory.  If you want to keep some of the other Saturn parts, you can go into the Saturn file in the Extras folder and comment out the Saturn IVC parts (there are TWO parts.)   you comment out by putting a // in front of EVERY line that you don't want to be used. FYI

If you didn't insert extras from 1.4.1 the chances are you just copied 1.4.1 over the top of the previous BDB version you were running.    That being the case DELETE the BDB directory and re-download the 1.4.1 files... or better yet the Master on github.  There have been some changes to the Extras folder in the past few days but that is currently in a state of flux.

Keep in mind it is YOUR responsibility to use anything in the Extras folder and no support is implied or promised for use of any of those files.

@CobaltWolf

RE the Delta-K

To quote Firefly the TV show... "SHINY!"

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

I'm pretty sure he means all the config info for the part is copied into, and at the bottom of, the bluedog_Atlas_Decoupler1875m.cfg file... Open that file in a text editor, and scroll down till you come across the second "PART{ }" section... should be labeled named with " bluedog_Atlas_Decoupler25m "...
You can basically combine as many part config files into one .cfg file as you want, this way... I wouldnt recommend it tho... :wink:

Thank you so much for the clarification sir. I saw the @name part in the CFG and I use it to whitelist that part in DMP but it doesn't work =(

Early this morning I completed my S-IV station for use in conjunction with the X20 - My god I love the Real Plume and Engine Lighting. @CobaltWolf a 2.5m extended lab / hab would be a nice addition for this purpose (This was HOPE Station - a real study for Gemini and X20 missions)

I tried to launch it on a Titan III, but to no avail.... Even with control surfaces off the aerodynamics on is is off, so I used the next alternative: Saturn I!

Spoiler

H7Sfrra.png

NIZ8CJh.png

WeM1IPO.png

9akddGg.png

CWCLCJK.png

PSJWYwv.png

fC3jZXj.png

YIg6fPk.png

sWh5AbN.png

Valentina was very excited to EVA around 

@CobaltWolf Thanks for the mention!

However, I recommend using the default size Saturn V with this version of the Mobile Launcher if you want the crew access-boarding capability.  I've now tested the rescale .cfg version, and the crew arm is now one floor higher--but still one lower than my original tower.  

Spoiler

9gI87q6.png

The tail service masts also need to be moved out a bit:

Spoiler

LWG78E0.png

I'll have make a new version of the tower for the rescale Saturn V to enable crew access and put the arms and TSMs in the proper spots.

Of course, if someone isn't interested in the crew access feature,  then all that's needed is to move the tower, arms and TSMs with the offset gizmo to appropriate spots.