[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

BDB-Compatible Gemini Paraglider

Version 0.1 released!

3jvYV4S.jpg

Grab it on Github!

After a whole load of problems had arisen in the initial release version of the Gemini Paraglider, I had to close the download link. But, with the help of @Pak, @steedcrugeon, @TheRagingIrishman, @Angel-125, and a host of other modders, we have gotten the paraglider to work!

ATTACHMENT INSTRUCTIONS (IMPORTANT!)

Spoiler

(The parts highlighted green are the parts you're attaching the part to.)

For the BDB Gemini pod:

DxFBMZb.jpg

Stock Mk1 pod:

Bzi43MC.jpg

Bgl3m0x.jpg

qU19byF.jpg

hDNeBWt.jpg

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

57 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

ATTENTION ALL THOSE WHO DOWNLOADED THE PARAGLIDER:

forgot to bundle RetractableLiftingSurface, the plugin that the entire mod relies on with the initial release of the mod. Please re-download the latest bundle from the Github, which now includes the correct plugin(s).

You're in luck: I already had the RLS mod installed. :wink:

On 8/9/2017 at 4:43 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Skylab Airlock Module (PF).

For whatever reason the fairing is offset:

I haven't had time to look into it, but it needs the following added to the PF config file (you should be able to figure out where).

@PART[bluedog_Skylab_Airlock]:BEFORE[Jso_Bdb_PF]:NEEDS[ProceduralFairings]
{
	@extraNodeShift = -1.0 // insert correct vertical shift here.
}

So I am unsure yet if this is a BDB issue, a B9PartSwitch issue or an issue with a specific MM file on my computer.   Last week I updated to the latest B9PartSwitch as well as my copy of the BDB master files.   No BDB tanks appear in the game unless they were ones created by my MM files (they don't have names starting Bluedog_ etc.)

If I remove either MM1.81 or B9PartSwitch the BDB tanks re-appear.  

I am posting here to ask if anyone else has updated B9PartSwitch to the latest version and are they having issues?      For the record I am using the MASTER copy of BDB that I downloaded on the 7th.  The only other mods I have are Tweakscale, SSTU BREXIT (added after the issue) and Mechjeb in this build.

Obviously something with the MM files is the problem I am just seeking confirmation before moving on from others....

Situation solved.  I found a file with old code from when I was trying to integrate UDMH/IRFNA-IV to BDB without knowing the process for B9partSwitch.  Don't know how it got copied from my code archive... Ach So!

Edited by Pappystein

I seriously apologize if this has been requested/posted/asked somewhere in this thread but I'm wondering if there are any non-stockalike textures for the BDB parts (i.e. matching the rockets they are analogs for, aside from the Saturn V texture)? I googled it a bit and looked around the threads and couldn't see if anyone has undertaken this task. At the moment I'm just re-coloring all of the current textures from gray to white, which helps a little, but it's a lot of textures so before putting too much more time in I wanted to ask here first.

Thanks fam!

12 minutes ago, shoe7ess said:

I seriously apologize if this has been requested/posted/asked somewhere in this thread but I'm wondering if there are any non-stockalike textures for the BDB parts (i.e. matching the rockets they are analogs for, aside from the Saturn V texture)? I googled it a bit and looked around the threads and couldn't see if anyone has undertaken this task. At the moment I'm just re-coloring all of the current textures from gray to white, which helps a little, but it's a lot of textures so before putting too much more time in I wanted to ask here first.

Thanks fam!

Considering the amount of effort it takes to create a Stock-a-like texture I don't think there are a set of 'realistic' textures for this.

greetings to all.

Had a strange one happen earlier today.  Mid mission, my apollo's rcs effects starting going off.  was not actually using any fuel or causing thrust, just an fx problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/72yxgy8nr5ffebt/screenshot4.png?dl=0

any ideas as to what is causing this to happen?

i will gather up .log files if anyone wants to look.

cheers.

Edited by drtedastro

29 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

To commemorate the release of the paraglider, I've put together this custom image that's made to look like an old NASA document/concept art:

We need not the ejection seat, only adds weight!  Astronauts will use the force to keep spacecraft safe!

11 hours ago, steedcrugeon said:

Considering the amount of effort it takes to create a Stock-a-like texture I don't think there are a set of 'realistic' textures for this.

I actually found out the hard way that it's not as simple as lightening the whites and darkening the blacks/grays/other-colors... so stock-alike it is!

14 hours ago, drtedastro said:

greetings to all.

Had a strange one happen earlier today.  Mid mission, my apollo's rcs effects starting going off.  was not actually using any fuel or causing thrust, just an fx problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/72yxgy8nr5ffebt/screenshot4.png?dl=0

any ideas as to what is causing this to happen?

i will gather up .log files if anyone wants to look.

cheers.

Try going to the tracking center and going back to your ship.  

22 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

So, I did this yesterday:

The Kane probe and drogue were perfect for the job. :cool:

Um... The only problem is I am guessing that the Kane probe does not release quickly... like when the fuel load pitches the receiving aircraft suddenly?

On the subject of Docking ports.  Am I the only one who is having problems with the APAS ports?   I use the passive on the target vessel and the active port on the maneuvering vessel...   They won't join up without a lot of re-jigguring (twisting left and right... extending and retracting the active port several times and lets not talk about DE-Coupling!)

Edited by Pappystein

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

Um... The only problem is I am guessing that the Kane probe does not release quickly... like when the fuel load pitches the receiving aircraft suddenly?

Ahh, I guess I should clarify: No fuel was transferred. It was simply connecting the probe to the drogue. Actually attempting fuel transfer is beyond the scope of that experiment.

Also, the drogue is NOT part of the part tree of the "tanker" aircraft in that shot. It's plugged into the winch, sure, but the winch port, adaptor, and the Kane Drogue are technically a separate craft at that time. This prevents a severe loss of control when docking is completed and the tanker and receiver become one vehicle in KSP. Trust me, I tried: Tanker dove for the deck, and the receiver bolted for the sky. Let's just say I was glad I'd prepared for that possibility and set up the abort action group accordingly.

19 minutes ago, Frednoeyes said:

So, whats going on with these non-existent Saturn.S1F.Tankage and Apollo.Block4.Mission Module parts?

I got some craft file that call or them, but they ain't there.

Images

Hide contents

1ZuzKvU.pngXeXYryd.png

Not to make a fuss, just curious where they are.

The guy that made the craft files used non official parts.