[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

6 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@bcink: is the IVA done?

No, me and him are still working on it. (Read: I think of more work for him to do on it, and he does it because he is awesome). We have a couple small custom parts (like that big handle above / between the windows) and stuff like that. I'm planning on including it in the upcoming release.

14 minutes ago, Kerbal01 said:

copied the cfg, set the rescale factor to 3.75, see if that works

too much! plus bonus Big G splashdown. https://imgur.com/a/RYAAK

Well, yeah, rescale factor defaults to 1 sooo... also if you're trying to use that adapter / shorty service module, it won't give you a clean size out since it's 1.5m>1.875m * 1 2/3... 1.875 * 1 2/3 = 3.125m for the final part. Neat! And unexpected. Therefore, the rescale factor should be 1.6667. :)

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Um.  Put the AJ-260 inline short SRM in place of the Saturn IB stage?

AFter all that is what the AJ-260 Cobalt made the other day is for! :)

it's 275 m/s less Dv, but the acceptable TWR might make up the difference. Just downloaded the latest master to see if the scaling issue is fixed.

Edited by Kerbal01

Hey guys! Do someone have custom MM patch for integration of RemoteTech in probes and antennas of this awesome mod. I guess something messed up in mod configs, and many of probe cores and antennas doesn't contain RT modules. Thanks!

@damonvv

11 hours ago, reviest said:

Hey guys! Do someone have custom MM patch for integration of RemoteTech in probes and antennas of this awesome mod. I guess something messed up in mod configs, and many of probe cores and antennas doesn't contain RT modules. Thanks!

We should bundle RT configs, but they haven't been updated in some time. I honestly didn't even know RemoteTech was still around.

3 hours ago, Mike` said:

Hey @CobaltWolf, really liking the new Atlas parts. Sadly, the new LR101 vernier seems to have some trouble when used with FAR - it has a gigantic drag. Do you have any idea why that might be? If not, i guess i'll ask ferram about it.

Sorry, I don't know anything about FAR. It's definitely not just you, @slaintemaith was asking me about it the other day.

Edited by CobaltWolf

16 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Sorry, I don't know anything about FAR. It's definitely not just you, @slaintemaith was asking me about it the other day.

I asked ferram about it, here's what he had to say: "There's probably a random transform floating somewhere far from the rest of the mesh that's screwing it up".

If you haven't done so already, would you be so kind to recheck the model for that?

Edited by Mike`

8 hours ago, damonvv said:

Because every rocket needs to be reusable.

Um Cobalt and JSO asked me why I needed some specific config alts for a MM file set I was helping to test (part NOT to be coming soon but maybe... someday) and I said because I need to reuse it.  They said For a 60 cost empty SRM?  I said yes.  Local Congress critter didn't like me launching from KSP on my northern orbits and dropping stages on the poor Homes... err... trees.   The only stage I have not been able to recover is the MS-IC stage (my personal MM file.)  Seems it breaks up before StagedRecovery can grab it.   I probably have something screwy in the MM file.  I recover the engine mount and the engines but I never seem to recover the tank.   Half of my launches are devoted to recovering non probe controled stages from LKO.  And most of my upper stages have a probe core of some sort on board (even if it is a pioneer 0.125m core.)  I ALWAYS try to leave a little fuel in my orbiting stages with probe core to de-orbit it to recovery.

8 hours ago, Hay said:

Or to give it wings.

Actually the Winged Saturn S-IC stage was only *SERIOUSLY* proposed for Saturn-Shuttle.   None of the winged proposals I have seen are for the Apollo era Moon launches except in VERY GENERIC, hey we could try this, kind of wishful proposing/thinking.   Parachutes for the versions of Saturn IN BDB currently... to stay correct to history.  But I do believe @e of pi was involved with an alternative timeline that had a Saturn Shuttle launcher and a winged Saturn S-IC stage....   I THINK.   I ALSO think I read in one of the many books on the Valk I have, that North American and General Electric proposed slapping a bunch of J93-GE-3 or -9 engines on a Valkyrie derived wing structure, appropriately scaled up onto the S-IC stage.   As part of a Saturn Shuttle proposal. 

8 hours ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Ares: Departing Earth

Wow, nothing brought home the significant disconnect between regular parts and procedural fairings to me as much as this screen shot.  And I don't want this to sound like I'm picking on anyone, least of all whomever did the fairing in use (and I really can't tell, it is procedural after all).  But there's just so much that limits the texture/normal maps when you make things procedural.  And when everything else is at the "best achievable with Unity/KSP", it just stands out.

5 hours ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

And I don't want this to sound like I'm picking on anyone, least of all whomever did the fairing in use (and I really can't tell, it is procedural after all)

The fairing is from bdb. Anways, what did you think of the screenie apart from that?

anyways

Ares: MARS!

EnEThYv.png

The fairing seperation exposes the MEM to the vaccum, and allows it to successfully deorbit when the time comes.

Edited by Pxtseryu

About the TexturesUnlimited thing... There is a few things I have no idea what to do with. Apollo CM should definitely have a shiny metal texture and the SM should just keep the texture it already has. But what about the Skylab and Spacelab modules? And AARDV? And Apollo engines (SPS, APS, DPS)?

Also, Agena, versions of Centaur, Atlas, Vega and Star SRMs will have the metal texture too.