[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

45 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Sorry. I'm old. SOFI? :S

Spray On Foam Insulation

(I tried googling this acronym a while back when I first came across it and actually its not easily found even when combined with terms like NASA or Rocket)

35 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Spray On Foam Insulation

(I tried googling this acronym a while back when I first came across it and actually its not easily found even when combined with terms like NASA or Rocket)

32 minutes ago, Kablob said:

The orange stuff.

OK, never came to mind that some one was interested in coloring those rockets, but if anyone have suggestions I'll do them ;)

5 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Dunno! American hardware was never a color party, I meant just texture swapping. All I can think of is Gemini in army blue and nothing more 

At some point texture switch for white Apollo CM was included in this mod, so that'd be nice ;)

10076348.jpg

EDIT: Found the demo vid. (Also shows how far BDB has come. Old CM was looking completely different...) 

Edited by notJebKerman

4 hours ago, KerbalsFromGalifrey said:

Hi cobalt, the mod isn't working for me. I boot up the game and i see the parts in the loading bar, so it acknowledges that its in the gamedata folder. But when i go into the VAB/SPH, the parts aren't there.

10 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

Trying to make Blue Gemini. Results are outstanding...

Did you make a separate image? It is probably flipped vertically, trying mirroring it to flip it upside down and resave it.

17 hours ago, KerbalsFromGalifrey said:

Hi cobalt, the mod isn't working for me. I boot up the game and i see the parts in the loading bar, so it acknowledges that its in the gamedata folder. But when i go into the VAB/SPH, the parts aren't there.

Can you post your KSP.log (located right next to the game exe) and a screenshot of your Gamedata folder?

11 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yes - because DDS files are saved flipped upside down... for some reason? I don't know why, it just 'is'.

Because the engine works like our eyes, it inverts the image for the brain to interpret .... (yes I got a degree at the Uni making explanations like that one)

Edited by Drakenex

Ok, so I figured out the textures but I'm having problems with stock texture switch. If anyone could help me out with this... For some reason it works only on aero cap and the structural adapter (the last two).

@PART[bluedog_Gemini_Crew_A,bluedog_Gemini_Crew_B,bluedog_Gemini_Parachute_A,bluedog_Gemini_Port_A,bluedog_Gemini_Structure_A,bluedog_gemini_cap]
{
%MODULE
{
	name = ModulePartVariants
	primaryColor = #000000
	secondaryColor = #000000
	baseDisplayName = Default
	baseThemeName = BlackG
	VARIANT
	{
		name = TantaresGreen
		displayName = Blue
		themeName = BlueG
		primaryColor = #5d8aa8
		secondaryColor = #5d8aa8
		TEXTURE
		{
			mainTextureURL = UKAF/Textures/Gemini_crew_blue
		}
	}
}
}

Edited by notJebKerman

3 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

Ok, so I figured out the textures but I'm having problems with stock texture switch. If anyone could help me out with this... For some reason it works only on aero cap and the structural adapter (the last two).

Try MODULE, not %MODULE.

You can look in GameData\ModuleManager.ConfigCache and see what's actually ending up in the parts. Your error log might have clues.

On 6/18/2018 at 2:06 PM, Drakenex said:

Dunno! American hardware was never a color party, I meant just texture swapping. All I can think of is Gemini in army blue and nothing more 

Drakenex,  Not to nit-pic but isn't Army Blue, um well, Olive Drab?  :P

Now NAVY or AIRFORCE blue....   That I could get behind....

Seriously by all accounts the US AirForce groups behind the Blue Gemini project did not want a Blue capsule....   A PR person thought it should be painted that color to separate it from the NASA version.    That being said Blue Gemini color would be nice.  

Now as to the black coatings on Mercury and Gemini.  It is a Heat reflective and radiative finish designed to allow a somewhat limited safety net if the capsule did not come down as designed (and MORE importantly to also prevent heat buildup in Direct Sunlight.)   I MM all Gemini and Mercury capsules to have an Ablative finish applied.... to the tune of 1/40th the BDB heat shield for said capsule.

Edited by Pappystein

@Pappystein I knew this is somehow okay: :D

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[KerbalEVA],!MODULE[ModuleAblator],#CrewCapacity[>0]]:NEEDS[!DeadlyReentry,!ImprovedAblator]:FINAL
{
	// This is a crewed pod - is it supposed to be hotter than a hardcore finnish sauna inside?
	// Caution!
	%maxTemp=400
	%skinMaxTemp=1200

// Add the option of some minimal built-in heat shielding. This makes it
	// playable in lower tech games, otherwise death is instantaneous and
	// certain. It also helps protect it against grazing heating.
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAblator
		ablativeResource = Ablator
		lossExp = -2500
		lossConst = 0.01
		pyrolysisLossFactor = 4800
		reentryConductivity = 0.01
		ablationTempThresh = 500

useChar = True
		charModuleName = shieldChar
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = Ablator
		amount = 10
		maxAmount = 20
	}	
	// and adjust the mass so we don't get the ablator mass as a weight
	// discount.
	@mass -= 0.01
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[KerbalEVA],!MODULE[ModuleAblator],#CrewCapacity[>0]]:NEEDS[!DeadlyReentry,!ImprovedAblator,RealHeat]:FINAL
{
	%skinMaxTemp=1000
}

// is this even useful anymore?
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[KerbalEVA],!MODULE[ModuleAblatorImproved],#CrewCapacity[>0]]:NEEDS[!DeadlyReentry,ImprovedAblator]:FINAL
{
	%maxTemp=400
	%skinMaxTemp=1200

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAblatorImproved
		ablativeResource = Ablator
		lossExp = -2500
		lossConst = 0.01
		pyrolysisLossFactor = 4800
		reentryConductivity = 0.01
		ablationTempThresh = 500

useChar = True
		charModuleName = shieldChar
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = Ablator
		amount = 10
		maxAmount = 20
	}	
	@mass -= 0.01
}

part of more: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/174912-cold-reentry-no-ablator-consumed/&do=findComment&comment=3401841

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Drakenex,  Not to nit-pic but isn't Army Blue, um well, Olive Drab?  :P

Now NAVY or AIRFORCE blue....   That I could get behind....

Seriously by all accounts the US AirForce groups behind the Blue Gemini project did not want a Blue capsule....   A PR person thought it should be painted that color to separate it from the NASA version.    That being said Blue Gemini color would be nice. 

wlJ1ToQ.png

BDB Now in Colors Beta

17 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Can you post your KSP.log (located right next to the game exe) and a screenshot of your Gamedata folder?

[LOG 16:32:35.833] ******* Log Initiated for Kerbal Space Program - 1.4.3.2152 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us *******
Kerbal Space Program - 1.4.3.2152 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 550 Processor (2)
RAM: 2045
GPU: ASUS EAH6670 Series (1014MB)
SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx64.dll 8.17.10.1072])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGB64, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, RG32

Log started: Mon, Jun 18, 2018 16:32:35

As for the gamedata, I'm not entirely sure how to take a screenshot.

13 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Better?

Snip

Based on:

Snip

Well, any other color before first pack?

@Drakenex White with red cross? 

@CobaltWolf I might have missed this, and sorry if it's already been asked, but do you plan on adding Apollo Block IV/V's service module? From the pictures I've seen it was about 1.5 times the length of the Block III/III+ SM.

6 hours ago, GoldForest said:

@CobaltWolf I might have missed this, and sorry if it's already been asked, but do you plan on adding Apollo Block IV/V's service module? From the pictures I've seen it was about 1.5 times the length of the Block III/III+ SM.

Oh wow, I forgot I never did that one. Yeah I'll probably get to it at some point.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Drakenex I think the colors are a little (or a lot) too much on those Geminis - what about something more like this:

yeah, those were Airforce blue and olive drab, but they practically sucks; now, be a good lad and share the hex code for those shades will ya?