[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Which decoupler can I use for the Boosters CGR-40/CGR-46/CGR-60 and JA-206?

Use either a stock one or the BDB mini decoupler. The mini decoupler is strong enough if you have KJR if not you may wanna use the small stock one I forget the name

On 8/30/2018 at 5:46 PM, Jso said:

I was trying to avoid part names where possible because they keep changing and invalidating the guides.

I can see that point. But I also think the comment for which parts go with which rockets, the order to construct them, etc. was really useful the first few times I was building these to spec. I remember before I reviewed the guide more thoroughly, I couldn't make heads of tails in the VAB of which parts went with which types.

But whatever you can do is always appreciated. Keep up the great work with this mod!

Edited by scottadges

Wondering if if BDB part selection is complete enough to allow me to remove all stock parts and just use BDB?

Have others tried this? if so, were there any categories of parts that you had to retain from stock? I'm thinking science parts might be an issue.

Edited by Tyko

4 hours ago, Tyko said:

Wondering if if BDB part selection is complete enough to allow me to remove all stock parts and just use BDB?

Have others tried this? if so, were there any categories of parts that you had to retain from stock? I'm thinking science parts might be an issue.

While you could....  And a lot of parts in stock are LESS than spectacular....

I found it to be less than an Ideal thing...

BDB+SSTU....    Easier but still kept a lot of stock parts (Gears, Wheels and Batteries being the biggest ones!)

BDB+Mk2 Expansion + SSTU with P-Wings (B9 version) and P-Fairings....   Was a great build for me.

I am back to stock + BDB and I have OPT for BIG space planes using almost the entire run of Near Future  (Aerospace, Electrical, Solar, Nuke and Cryo) to build a Saturn-Tinkertoy based heavy explorer vessel.)

=====================================================================================================================================================

BTW @Jso, and @CobaltWolf.  Something appears to have changed in @Nertea's cryo-engine MM files or the BDB B9PS fuel patch... All the BDB tanks lost their special fuel loads that were originally developed by him.   Un-sure if this was intentional or just error creep between the BDB and the Cryo MM files.  I went to make the parts I was using (several) have a better fuel load.     I think altering the BDB tank setups so they are AFTER[zzzCryofuels] or whatever Nertea's exact nomenclature in that file is should solve the issue... Currently BDB is processing it's tank for B9... Then Cryofuels is wiping out that change for it's own.

15 hours ago, Tyko said:

11 hours ago, Pappystein said:

While you could....  And a lot of parts in stock are LESS than spectacular....

I found it to be less than an Ideal thing...

Science parts, struts and fuel lines, probably some other stuff I can't think of. Airplane parts obviously, though I don't use those anyways...

11 hours ago, Pappystein said:

BTW @Jso, and @CobaltWolf.  Something appears to have changed in @Nertea's cryo-engine MM files or the BDB B9PS fuel patch... All the BDB tanks lost their special fuel loads that were originally developed by him.   Un-sure if this was intentional or just error creep between the BDB and the Cryo MM files.  I went to make the parts I was using (several) have a better fuel load.     I think altering the BDB tank setups so they are AFTER[zzzCryofuels] or whatever Nertea's exact nomenclature in that file is should solve the issue... Currently BDB is processing it's tank for B9... Then Cryofuels is wiping out that change for it's own.

7 hours ago, VhenRa said:

Tried this mod a few weeks back, every time I reached orbit, transposition and docking went fine, but the second I tried to extract the LEM/Mission Module/whatever... it would always explode, violently. Any particular reason why?

@Jso any ideas on these?

15 hours ago, VhenRa said:

Tried this mod a few weeks back, every time I reached orbit, transposition and docking went fine, but the second I tried to extract the LEM/Mission Module/whatever... it would always explode, violently. Any particular reason why?

I would have to see the origional craft file to see.  But my one question is there a decoupler between the LEM decent engine and the Saturn LEM adapter piece?

4 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Tried Apollo direct ascent, worked pretty well :)

(edit) Mission 2 !

AWESOME!   How many Delta-P (TR-201 AKA LEM Decent engine) engines did the landing stage have?   3 or 4?  And what if any adapter did you use to mount said engines?

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Jso any ideas on these?

Not enough information on the exploding parts. The answer is usually remove mod x and the problem goes away.

Nothing's changed with CryoTanks or us since I last checked if they still play nice. I'll check again but I'm guessing @Pappystein broke something tinkering :-)

1 minute ago, Jso said:

I'm guessing @Pappystein broke something tinkering :-)

Ahh but what a GOOD way to learn! :D:D:D

I am running a clean new build with 1.4.5 and OPT (Legacy + Community continuation) all the near futures save the space craft (they don't quite fit with BDB like the rest of NF) and none of my additional mods beyond what is in the Extras folder.

Spoiler

Cryo tanks main config:

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[WBIConvertibleStorage],!MODULE[WBIResourceSwitcher]]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks]

BDB Patch main config:

@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[ModuleEngines*],!MODULE[WBIResourceSwitcher]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,!RealFuels]:FOR[Bluedog_DB_1]

BUT a FYI, in the extras folder the S-ICFB which should have ~2/3rds the extra fuel as MS-IC has stock fuel loads of the base S-1C.  I will get hard numbers from my data files via the Github.

1 hour ago, Jso said:

Nothing's changed with CryoTanks or us since I last checked if they still play nice. I'll check again but I'm guessing @Pappystein broke something tinkering :-)

Um maybe I did UN-BREAK something.   I thought there was a LH2 only tank version used in the part switch.  While a Tank cfg exists......  well the

@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LqdHydrogen],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]

Group is missing the LH2 only tank option.  Option 1 is LH2/O, Option 2 is LF/O and the last option (3) is mono.    Should not a fourth option LH2 be added?    I may have added this to my cfgs that I am currently not running.

On 9/6/2018 at 12:17 AM, Tyko said:

As the others have said, I would retain the following items:

• All the science parts;
  • Fuel lines;
  • Struts;
  • Landing gear;
  • Landing struts; and
  • Batteries; (and optionally)
  • (Mk2 plane parts).

For a more complete experience, also to fill up late game experience, I would add (some) of the following mods:

• Coatl Probes Plus;
  • Near Future suite of mods, alternatively / along with Angel-125's mod packs (DSEV, Pathfinder, Buffalo, ...);
  • For space plane purposes either OPT or B9, both accompanied by B9 procedural wings

On 9/7/2018 at 4:44 PM, StarStreak2109 said:

As the others have said, I would retain the following items:

• All the science parts;
  • Fuel lines;
  • Struts;
  • Landing gear;
  • Landing struts; and
  • Batteries; (and optionally)
  • (Mk2 plane parts).

For a more complete experience, also to fill up late game experience, I would add (some) of the following mods:

• Coatl Probes Plus;
  • Near Future suite of mods, alternatively / along with Angel-125's mod packs (DSEV, Pathfinder, Buffalo, ...);
  • For space plane purposes either OPT or B9, both accompanied by B9 procedural wings

Pretty much my list of mods. Never thought about deleting stock parts, would certainly help with memory issues.

I add on some other mods for features KSP should have (Orbital Decay,TACLS, Alarm Clock) and make it look better (PlanetShine, Scatterer, and Stock Visual Enhancements). Just wish the game handled memory far better.

Edited by demibear

22 hours ago, Pappystein said:

AWESOME!   How many Delta-P (TR-201 AKA LEM Decent engine) engines did the landing stage have?   3 or 4?  And what if any adapter did you use to mount said engines?

The descent stage has 3 engines and it’s really enough to land in stock size. I just have to find a solution for the ascent stage, it has only one engine (lem descent) and it’s just enough to make a tiny orbit around the moon, and if I use another engine like the lem ascent it’s not powerful enough to push me up, maybe two engines is the solution ! solution moar fuel

Edited by DiscoSlelge

Hey everyone! Small update post for you - the Scout Beta is now up on Github, now with radial Castors and Algols, the basic (ie, no RCS) Antares X-259 upper stage solid, and the Altair and BE-3 0.3125m kick solids, with switching end caps!

Bd4jhO0.pnggEleZwa.pnglSJtIPH.pngVj92Jsh.png

As a preview of what's coming up... here is a Delta K stage with its PAM-D / Star-48 kick stage. The Star-48 and Star-37 are a little overscaled to keep to standard KSP diameters, in real life the Star-48 is a bit narrower than the Delta K stage. :) Lost a good bit of time today messing around with variants for the Star-48 and Star-37, so I didn't get as much finished as I would have liked...

yvXaaWy.png

Wanted to get a couple more hours of work in but some unexpected IRL stuff is happening, so I just wanted to let everyone know that there was new stuff up on the Github :)

Edited by CobaltWolf

On 9/9/2018 at 5:19 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Hey everyone! Small update post for you - the Scout Beta is now up on Github, now with radial Castors and Algols, the basic (ie, no RCS) Antares X-259 upper stage solid, and the Altair and BE-3 0.3125m kick solids, with switching end caps!

Bd4jhO0.pnggEleZwa.pnglSJtIPH.pngVj92Jsh.png

As a preview of what's coming up... here is a Delta K stage with its PAM-D / Star-48 kick stage. The Star-48 and Star-37 are a little overscaled to keep to standard KSP diameters, in real life the Star-48 is a bit narrower than the Delta K stage. :) Lost a good bit of time today messing around with variants for the Star-48 and Star-37, so I didn't get as much finished as I would have liked...

yvXaaWy.png

Wanted to get a couple more hours of work in but some unexpected IRL stuff is happening, so I just wanted to let everyone know that there was new stuff up on the Github :)

Do your thing baby