[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, Hay said:

Do note that Rescale hasn't been updated for 1.4/1.5, and according to its thread, doesn't work in 1.4.

Rescale works fine in 1.4-1.5, and if you didn’t already know, Sigma88 is the Sigma Dimensions developer. 

Edited by Galileo

56 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Rescale works fine in 1.4-1.5

It does. The rather prominent Will NOT work with KSP 1.4. in the first post of the thread and the warning MiniAVC throws because of the KSP_VERSION_MAX 1.3.1 in the version file of the 2.5x latest release zip may be causing some to hesitate.

7 minutes ago, Jso said:

It does. The rather prominent Will NOT work with KSP 1.4. in the first post of the thread and the warning MiniAVC throws because of the KSP_VERSION_MAX 1.3.1 in the version file of the 2.5x latest release zip may be causing some to hesitate.

This is because I haven’t been active in the forums and couldn’t be assed to change it regardless. The last time I updated it, was for 1.3.1, right after Squad dropped 1.4 and Kopernicus hadn’t been updated yet, so no, it didn’t work for 1.4 at the time. 

They are merely cfg files. Nothing stops them from working except not updated dependencies. 

If there is anymore conversation to be had about rescale, move it to the rescale thread so that this one isn’t flooded.

11 hours ago, dbandy13 said:

I am currently running Kerbalism and 2.5x, considering adding real fuels as well

I find this a great mix of difficulty and lack of grind that stays enjoyable.

Also I have just a few days ago made my own kerbalism supply configs for this mod so if you would like those I can provide them. I was going to touch them up a little more and check the number of Kerbal Days for each container and then offer them to @CobaltWolf. Kerbalism has inbuilt support for everything except BDBs resupply containers which is an easy single patch fix

also in terms of Titan-If you use the configs in the extras folder which lower the fuel tank volumes to more realistic levels it actually makes titans TWR correct as well. Slightly cuts the Delta-V as you’d expect but payload is very similar in 2.5x. Easily lifts Gemini without any extra thrust

It looks like Kerbalism maintains configs for us on their end, so you should probably give them to the Kerbalism team :)

6 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

If you mean SD and Rescale! then

1- SD is required to rescale the system but needs someone to tell it the rescale parameters

2- Rescale! will tell SD which parameters to use

so someone could use SD with custom settings (it's pretty easy)

alternatively, if they want to use Rescale! then yes, they need both SD and Rescale!

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Rescale works fine in 1.4-1.5, and if you didn’t already know, Sigma88 is the Sigma Dimensions developer.

Thank you, updated the thread OP. :)

Apart from fixing a bug or two last night, I was able to make progress modeling something I think few people have heard of... the Burner 2 upper stage kit! Can be used to convert your 0.625m upper stages (it normally uses a Star-37) to a fully controlled upper stage with RCS. Please note the last image, which has avionics boxes on the faces that are missing detail in the other pictures (which were taken a few minutes prior). This is going to be a pain to UV unwrap but I think it will be pretty cool once it's done. :)

Nmx3gEq.pnghGjrtKG.png

yMhJaoN.png6icC61O.png

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

This is because I haven’t been active in the forums and couldn’t be assed to change it regardless. The last time I updated it, was for 1.3.1, right after Squad dropped 1.4 and Kopernicus hadn’t been updated yet, so no, it didn’t work for 1.4 at the time. 

They are merely cfg files. Nothing stops them from working except not updated dependencies. 

If there is anymore conversation to be had about rescale, move it to the rescale thread so that this one isn’t flooded.

Thank you for the clarification.  Lazy me only read the OP.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

~snip~

Apart from fixing a bug or two last night, I was able to make progress modeling something I think few people have heard of... the Burner 2 upper stage kit! Can be used to convert your 0.625m upper stages (it normally uses a Star-37) to a fully controlled upper stage with RCS. Please note the last image, which has avionics boxes on the faces that are missing detail in the other pictures (which were taken a few minutes prior). This is going to be a pain to UV unwrap but I think it will be pretty cool once it's done. :)

Nmx3gEq.pnghGjrtKG.png

yMhJaoN.png6icC61O.png

I have secretly been wanting these for years... you never cease to amaze @CobaltWolf!

A little Hype is better than none at all...

Tb2.jpg

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

SO....   Burner 2 can be applied to any upper stage engine?  WAHOO!   Nice geometry on that model.  Looks a LOT more functionally correct then the kitbash you did for fun a year ago.

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

SO....   Burner 2 can be applied to any upper stage engine?  WAHOO!   Nice geometry on that model.  Looks a LOT more functionally correct then the kitbash you did for fun a year ago.

Well it has a 0.625m 'hole' to shove stuff in. A short Able would also work, maybe, stuff like that. It wouldn't look right with like a Star-48 but it could be Tweakscaled I guess. Something like an stock Oscar with an Ant would fit underneath too. I don't like making 'single use' parts but if they're cool enough, y'know, it's kinda up to the player to find other cool uses for them. :)

Edited by CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

Hey @CobaltWolf, I was looking at the roadmap and came across "<model wip> >Spy camera equipment (1.875m, inline) (requires science lab)"

Does that refer to the KH-10 Dorian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KH-10_Dorian) ?

That roadmap is pretty old and most of the stuff on it was culled a while ago. But yeah, that's what it was related to. :)

Progress on the Burner-2 Kit.

iH8JGxz.png

Atlas performance feedback

We are working in a new, advanced version of the wiki for the Atlas rocket. Right now the performance calculations are done, so we would like to know what information do you want. The Atlas family use a stage and half design so Mechjeb and KER don't calculate the Δv correctly because maths, So we will add the Δv charts on the wiki.

We can have the Δv charts for the recommended Atlas versions without upper stages.

Spoiler

JB6Hx7M.png

We can have the Δv charts for the recommended Atlas versions with upper stages.

Spoiler

pSrke8J.png

Or we can have a simplified Δv curve for staging when TWR=3

Spoiler

xsY2t9X.png

Pick your options here: Google form - Atlas Performance Maps

17 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Update on the Burner 2 Kit:

WoW!   What is the Outside Diameter of the bottom plate?   Will it fit in a 1.25m housing or does it need a boat-tail?   I ask because I think Burner 2 is one of those parts that needs TWO fairings to make correct.  One going DOWN and one Going UP.   The outer Fairing appears to go down further on the Thor rocket than any other upper stage fairing.

1 minute ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

Hmm the bottom plate looks like a wankel rotor

Lets drop 3 Burner II's in a late 90s RX-7 then! :P Super FAST!

11 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

WoW!   What is the Outside Diameter of the bottom plate?   Will it fit in a 1.25m housing or does it need a boat-tail?   I ask because I think Burner 2 is one of those parts that needs TWO fairings to make correct.  One going DOWN and one Going UP.   The outer Fairing appears to go down further on the Thor rocket than any other upper stage fairing.

Nah mate, get 4 of them and add a really big turbopump!

14 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

I sure hope it does... It looks like it will clip the interior of the fairing but apart from that you should be fine. It's a bit difficult since IRL the Star-37 is smaller than the one in BDB.

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I sure hope it does... It looks like it will clip the interior of the fairing but apart from that you should be fine. It's a bit difficult since IRL the Star-37 is smaller than the one in BDB.

IRL it looks like Burner 2's Fairing Diameter was 1.65m  Works out to 1.0566m In Game (0.9375 then obviously.)

Since you stopped the Delta/Thor Conical tankage at 1.25m and made adpator plates to go down from there we are PROBABLY going to be very good to Go with the 1.25m....  And yes I know that Rescaling things to a single Datum adds a LOT of Error into the modeling.   Maybe lock your Collider Cylinder at just under whatever diameter you want it to be (0.9375 or 1.25m?)  That way if the RCS are slightly protruding into the Fairing it will still close?

I Can not wait to run a Thor or Atlas Burner 2 mission!

Edited by Pappystein

21 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

That roadmap is pretty old and most of the stuff on it was culled a while ago. But yeah, that's what it was related to. :)

Progress on the Burner-2 Kit.

iH8JGxz.png

Angel-125 has an 1.875m inline KH series spy camera in it's MOLE mod.