CobaltWolf

[1.4.X] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.4.2 "I numbered this update before KSP updated" 1/Feb/2018)

Recommended Posts

The craft files seem to be broken... It says the parts requried are "Bdb_FASALaunchclamp" (Or something along those lines)

I have FASA launch clamps installed and everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the big motor mount (FE5M) has retros that are stageable for separation.  Cool.

The small interstage (W56IA) has the same but they are not stageable and require an action group.  No biggie but a stageable action would be cool.  Is there a community fix or is this something you might address in an update?

....and where does everyone shed the escape tower?  I keep having the docking port cooked off the CSM on ascent.

Edited by LawnDartLeo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LawnDartLeo said:

So the big motor mount (FE5M) has retros that are stageable for separation.  Cool.

The small interstage (W56IA) has the same but they are not stageable and require an action group.  No biggie but a stageable action would be cool.  Is there a community fix or is this something you might address in an update?

....and where does everyone shed the escape tower?  I keep having the docking port cooked off the CSM on ascent.

Really? I'm pretty sure the interstages with integrated retros all stage when they decouple.

And I typically stage it at first stage separation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Really? I'm pretty sure the interstages with integrated retros all stage when they decouple.

They do.

3 hours ago, LawnDartLeo said:

....and where does everyone shed the escape tower?  I keep having the docking port cooked off the CSM on ascent.

On Saturn 1B launches I try to hold it to >50,000. I've jettisoned as soon as 40,000 with heavier payloads. With the Saturn V about 15-20 seconds after S-II ignition, you should be pretty high by then. S-II ignite -> S-II interstage jettison -> LES jettison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done thus far, sir! 

Had a polar mission today involving releasing 4 subsats into elliptical orbits was fun - like the IVAs quite a bit, although the windows look a bit odd lol. The LEM windows just look like they lack depth

8uvOa42.png

eNQxqlB.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the MOS-CBS, will it simply get a retexture in the next update or become a new part? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, LawnDartLeo said:

....and where does everyone shed the escape tower?  I keep having the docking port cooked off the CSM on ascent.

Not real historical but the Heating in KSP could use some work so my answer is :

Space, The Final Frontier.   These are the continuing voyages of the Spaceship Apollo....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My personal preference and what also seems to be the census is to eject the escape tower once you are completely out of the atmosphere. However for practical purposes it no longer serves much of a purpose as a fairing past 45/50km.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Abrecan said:

like the IVAs quite a bit, although the windows look a bit odd lol. The LEM windows just look like they lack depth

The CM IVA isn't custom made, it's taken from an older mod. It doesn't fit our model.

11 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

Regarding the MOS-CBS, will it simply get a retexture in the next update or become a new part? 

I'm not sure what you mean by new part. All the MOS stuff is getting updated textures.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CobaltWolf said:

I'm not sure what you mean by new part. All the MOS stuff is getting updated textures.

So it won't become a new part(s) like the Muo's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

So it won't become a new part(s) like the Muo's?

The Muos parts needed a complete remodel from scratch. These parts are just having their textures updated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, bit of a crazy weekend, but I still managed to get something neat cooked up for y'all...

vBqtQCe.pngeiCJKAe.png7dagyo4.pngVO46e0d.pngpChQwRr.png

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RSS textures?  Off topic, I know,  but the better the backdrop is, the better the mods seem to be, too.  It’s all part of the equation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

So, bit of a crazy weekend, but I still managed to get something neat cooked up for y'all...

vBqtQCe.pngeiCJKAe.png7dagyo4.pngVO46e0d.pngpChQwRr.png

I've waited a long time for this, my little green blue friend.

Edited by Hay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

So, bit of a crazy weekend, but I still managed to get something neat cooked up for y'all...

vBqtQCe.pngeiCJKAe.png7dagyo4.pngVO46e0d.pngpChQwRr.png

Glad to see the extending nozzles are coming back. What caused them to be taken out?

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Glad to see the extending nozzles are coming back. What caused them to be taken out?

There were severe bugs reported with the original one (The middle one is completely new) and the mechanism was all wrong. I wanted to redo it but the update was already behind and I had bigger fish to fry (I wanted to get started on Saturn and Apollo for before the 1 year anniversary).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

So, bit of a crazy weekend, but I still managed to get something neat cooked up for y'all...

 

You sir are Crafty :)

Like the new RL-10 and the return of B2.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*makes grabby hands*

 

EDIT:

Finally on my computer, so...

lhjhbB9.gif

Edited by MaverickSawyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool is all I have to say. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Finally on my computer, so...

They're on Github

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Who knows what this is?

You spin me right 'round baby right 'round....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Who knows what this is?

l9fbBwc.png

Fireworks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an Atlas Centaur, properly Kerbalized.

 

The little lump on the side of the adaptor, though... I'm not so sure about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now