[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

For gameplay reasons I decided not to make the swinging truss. Typically I launch with it docked to the top node, and then once it's in orbit I undock > redock.

Thats what I figured I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't "DUH you have to add the von brahn strap to the stack! IDIOT!"

1 hour ago, sp1989 said:

Thats what I figured I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't "DUH you have to add the von brahn strap to the stack! IDIOT!"

I feel that if not for two (3?) reasons NASA would have done Skylab the BDB way.

1) the Docking port is NOT automated.   Automatic Docking ports didn't really come into existance until Post ASTP period.  Skylab was already being readied to launch at this point and relies on the older/simpler Probe-drogue style docking port

2) NASA did not like not having a man in the loop as it were for docking. 

3) and possibly (although I admit no knowledge on this subject.) there was not enough room in the docking room for more than 2 ships to dock (remember Soyuz was originally supposed to be docked with Skylab B as part of ASTP.)  IE there are only two docking ports.

28 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Just finished assembling my new PC and what better way to celebrate than a hasty edited (if you can call that edition) Skylab launch.

hahaha just noticed the mouse pointer, oops!

I noticed you even had the authentic "launch tower tilt". lol. Impressive.

4 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Just finished assembling my new PC and what better way to celebrate than a hasty edited (if you can call that edition) Skylab launch.

hahaha just noticed the mouse pointer, oops!

How did you get the telescope to move after you got into orbit, i know the real Skylab did that, but i can't find any part in BDB that does that

6 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

I noticed you even had the authentic "launch tower tilt". lol. Impressive.

oh yes, my carefully executed pad avoidance maneuver :P 

2 hours ago, ChickenBot448 said:

How did you get the telescope to move after you got into orbit, i know the real Skylab did that, but i can't find any part in BDB that does that

Sorry for not clarifying, is from another mod, finishing an Skylab launch docking and undocking the ATM feels like having a dream about the perfect date to discover is your sister.

Edited by Drakenex

4 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Sorry for not clarifying, is from another mod, finishing an Skylab launch docking and undocking the ATM feels like having a dream about the perfect date to discover is your sister.

Oh, i don't know how i couldn't guess it was from Raidernick's version, considering i have the mod

On 4/13/2018 at 9:22 PM, Abpilot said:

qnSG2fA.jpg

made one in FASA so it shouldent be to hard

Ahh but FASA uses 5M for the First stage of Saturn V.  That means it is smaller in all respects (except the CM and SIVB) to BDB's Saturn V.  A BDB Based NOVA would be Gargantuan by comparison.  

As a Shameless plug of my own work, A Saturn V MLV boosted by 4 AJ-260Longs is actually MORE than NOVA and it is already possible with the latest masters (Using the Pafftek Extras folder in the Masters for the MLV tankage and HG3 engines.)  So why would you want an over complicated and wasteful stage with 8x F-1 engines?  4 AJ-260s more than make up for it and you can still fit it in the VAB (barely) without resorting to Hangerextender or similar mods.

4 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Since BDB already have Daleth II. I built Delta III... I mean Daleth III on 2.5x scale. Working great so far!

ALBUM

Looks great! I've been using Delta III in my main career save, but I used the Centaur-T tankage instead of something closer to an actual DCSS. Btw, this mod does actually include an RL-10B with an extendable nozzle...

6 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Since BDB already have Daleth II. I built Delta III... I mean Daleth III on 2.5x scale. Working great so far!

ALBUM

BosqvHg.png

What tank are you using for the Delta III Upper stage? Looks great, but you should really get Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. Struts are so 2012.