CobaltWolf

[1.4.X] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.4.2 "I numbered this update before KSP updated" 1/Feb/2018)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

For gameplay reasons I decided not to make the swinging truss. Typically I launch with it docked to the top node, and then once it's in orbit I undock > redock.

Thats what I figured I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't "DUH you have to add the von brahn strap to the stack! IDIOT!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sp1989 said:

Thats what I figured I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't "DUH you have to add the von brahn strap to the stack! IDIOT!"

I feel that if not for two (3?) reasons NASA would have done Skylab the BDB way.

1) the Docking port is NOT automated.   Automatic Docking ports didn't really come into existance until Post ASTP period.  Skylab was already being readied to launch at this point and relies on the older/simpler Probe-drogue style docking port

2) NASA did not like not having a man in the loop as it were for docking. 

3) and possibly (although I admit no knowledge on this subject.) there was not enough room in the docking room for more than 2 ships to dock (remember Soyuz was originally supposed to be docked with Skylab B as part of ASTP.)  IE there are only two docking ports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are you planning to add the saturn NOVA

Nova_Rocket.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Abpilot said:

are you planning to add the saturn NOVA

Nova_Rocket.jpg

I don't think there is enough room on the launchpad. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HooHungLow said:

I don't think there is enough room on the launchpad. Lol.

qnSG2fA.jpg

made one in FASA so it shouldent be to hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Abpilot said:

 

made one in FASA so it shouldent be to hard

I was being somewhat sarcastic, but I believe a good interim fix could be tweakscaling the existing SV tanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HooHungLow said:

I was being somewhat sarcastic, but I believe a good interim fix could be tweakscaling the existing SV tanks. 

true although i did use some BDB parts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abpilot said:

are you planning to add the saturn NOVA

Not at this time, however boosted Saturn Vs are available (using S-IE/Fs or AJ-260s).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, my plans of making a mega-Saturn V have been derailed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RD-180 courtesy of the awesome @PickledTripod, shroud done by me. Atlas V revamp development stream tomorrow afternoon. :)

EZTxb5z.png

lj0czYz.pngCMZraw3.png

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished assembling my new PC and what better way to celebrate than a hasty edited (if you can call that edition) Skylab launch.

hahaha just noticed the mouse pointer, oops!

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Just finished assembling my new PC and what better way to celebrate than a hasty edited (if you can call that edition) Skylab launch.

hahaha just noticed the mouse pointer, oops!

 

 

 

 

 

I noticed you even had the authentic "launch tower tilt". lol. Impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Polyus said:

Damn, my plans of making a mega-Saturn V have been derailed.

Nope.

kbAvOrt.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Just finished assembling my new PC and what better way to celebrate than a hasty edited (if you can call that edition) Skylab launch.

hahaha just noticed the mouse pointer, oops!

 

 

 

 

 

How did you get the telescope to move after you got into orbit, i know the real Skylab did that, but i can't find any part in BDB that does that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

I noticed you even had the authentic "launch tower tilt". lol. Impressive.

oh yes, my carefully executed pad avoidance maneuver :P 

2 hours ago, ChickenBot448 said:

How did you get the telescope to move after you got into orbit, i know the real Skylab did that, but i can't find any part in BDB that does that

Sorry for not clarifying, is from another mod, finishing an Skylab launch docking and undocking the ATM feels like having a dream about the perfect date to discover is your sister.

Edited by Drakenex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Sorry for not clarifying, is from another mod, finishing an Skylab launch docking and undocking the ATM feels like having a dream about the perfect date to discover is your sister.

Oh, i don't know how i couldn't guess it was from Raidernick's version, considering i have the mod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, G'th said:

Nope.

kbAvOrt.png

Oh. Mine was gonna use 2-4 S-1Cs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 9:22 PM, Abpilot said:

qnSG2fA.jpg

made one in FASA so it shouldent be to hard

Ahh but FASA uses 5M for the First stage of Saturn V.  That means it is smaller in all respects (except the CM and SIVB) to BDB's Saturn V.  A BDB Based NOVA would be Gargantuan by comparison.  

As a Shameless plug of my own work, A Saturn V MLV boosted by 4 AJ-260Longs is actually MORE than NOVA and it is already possible with the latest masters (Using the Pafftek Extras folder in the Masters for the MLV tankage and HG3 engines.)  So why would you want an over complicated and wasteful stage with 8x F-1 engines?  4 AJ-260s more than make up for it and you can still fit it in the VAB (barely) without resorting to Hangerextender or similar mods.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Since BDB already have Daleth II. I built Delta III... I mean Daleth III on 2.5x scale. Working great so far!

ALBUM

BosqvHg.png

 

Edited by Pulsar
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hoping for the S-ICD soon. Really want a Saturn V Atlas Style. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Since BDB already have Daleth II. I built Delta III... I mean Daleth III on 2.5x scale. Working great so far!

ALBUM

Looks great! I've been using Delta III in my main career save, but I used the Centaur-T tankage instead of something closer to an actual DCSS. Btw, this mod does actually include an RL-10B with an extendable nozzle...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Since BDB already have Daleth II. I built Delta III... I mean Daleth III on 2.5x scale. Working great so far!

ALBUM

BosqvHg.png

 

What tank are you using for the Delta III Upper stage? Looks great, but you should really get Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. Struts are so 2012. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now