[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Lol maybe I should do it again some time.

EDIT: Also I got roped into starting the next update... dern. I'm also working on another KSP project with someone that... I don't know. Y'all will probably hear about it at some point. What I'm trying to say is it looks like Fallout 4 won't take me away from KSP for as long as I thought.

Hello CobaltWolf,

If you build the Atlas already then try to use my calculation model for KSP:

Booster of the first stage:

LR-89-5

Thrust = 822 kN (KSP = 311 kN)

ISP-VAC = 290 (real values unchanged)

ISP ASL = 256

Central engine of the first stage:

LR-105-5

Thrust = 386 kN (KSP = 146 kN)

ISP-VAC = 316

ISP ASL = 220

Hello CobaltWolf,

LR-89-5

ISP ASL = 256

LR-105-5

ISP-VAC = 316

ISP ASL = 220

Are these the real values or your values for ksp? What strange numbers... I'm too OCD for this world.

Are these the real values or your values for ksp? What strange numbers... I'm too OCD for this world.

Thats the real values. I change only the Thrust, calculated with my own formula.

@ CobaltWolf

The Muo-125 conical Fuel Tank has a missfit at the upper node.

@all

According to the real model, at achieving an acceleration of 36 m/s should the booster are dropped.

Edited by hraban

1.5m turned out to be a very handy size for some things, like the Gemini capsule diameter and the Soyuz radial booster diameter. Even though it is very non-standard, it does fill some gaps in craft designs that cannot be filled otherwise.

Curtquarquesso is the expert on its applications though :)

Saw on Twitter that BDB got featured by the KSP Twitter account! Congrats Cobalt. :)

Yes! I am expert on all things scale related. Scaling will depend on whether you want to use the Mk1 Pod/Mercury Capsule as your control size, or the Tantares Khleb/Soyuz Capsule as your control. I usually fudge the miniscule difference in size between the Mercury capsule and the Soyuz capsule, and just allow them both to be 1.25m in KSP. It makes things very easy. Mercury was 1.9m in Diameter, Soyuz is 2.2, so it's not that bad a compromise.

I'm actually working on an Excel Spreadsheet with real life spacecraft scales that automatically converts to KSP scales.

1.5m is a great intermediate size. Solves a lot of issues as Beale said. Most KSP users are turned off by the idea of sizes other than the stock sizes. Do you have any specific scaling questions? I have a lot of dimensioned drawings...

Hello CobaltWolf,

LR-89-5

ISP ASL = 256

LR-105-5

ISP-VAC = 316

ISP ASL = 220

Hmm. The problem is I wanted them to be useable as 1.25m engines. While I plan on including true 1.875m engines, the Atlas (and Centaur) components are meant to also be usable for 1.25m rockets (and eventually 1.5m I guess)

Saw on Twitter that BDB got featured by the KSP Twitter account! Congrats Cobalt. :)

Yes! I am expert on all things scale related. Scaling will depend on whether you want to use the Mk1 Pod/Mercury Capsule as your control size, or the Tantares Khleb/Soyuz Capsule as your control. I usually fudge the miniscule difference in size between the Mercury capsule and the Soyuz capsule, and just allow them both to be 1.25m in KSP. It makes things very easy. Mercury was 1.9m in Diameter, Soyuz is 2.2, so it's not that bad a compromise.

I'm actually working on an Excel Spreadsheet with real life spacecraft scales that automatically converts to KSP scales.

1.5m is a great intermediate size. Solves a lot of issues as Beale said. Most KSP users are turned off by the idea of sizes other than the stock sizes. Do you have any specific scaling questions? I have a lot of dimensioned drawings...

Wait what?!?

ERMEGHERD. That's awesome! Though it was my reddit post with the demo album, and not the mod itself :P

Yeah, Thor and some other stuff will prolly be 1.5m (1.5625?)

Hmm. The problem is I wanted them to be useable as 1.25m engines. While I plan on including true 1.875m engines, the Atlas (and Centaur) components are meant to also be usable for 1.25m rockets (and eventually 1.5m I guess)

Wait what?!?

ERMEGHERD. That's awesome! Though it was my reddit post with the demo album, and not the mod itself :P

Yeah, Thor and some other stuff will prolly be 1.5m (1.5625?)

Just 1.5!

Saw you guys featured on the KSP Facebook page. Congrats!

Your SCIENCE! parts have been invaluable to my New Horizon playthough.

Thank you! Does everything work with New Horizons? I haven't had a chance to test but that's my fav planet pack.

Hey, Cobalt! Here's that new background you asked for during the stream.

VcZSLww.png

This little gem was launched on an BDB Atlas with a little thing I whipped up in place of Agena, as we don't have that yet. It was my first ever mission to do a flyby of Moho and my first interplanetary mission period with ~90% BDB parts. :3

(All done in Harder Solar System x3 scale, so this wasn't very easy to play the Delta-V for. I think it took ~7500 in total, and it was just a flyby with a periapsis around 1,500,000 metres or so. I didn't have enough fuel for corrections because I've never gone so far out in the solar system in x3 so I didn't know how much I needed!)

Edit: This works as a background too!

kR3ZfZb.jpg

Edited by VenomousRequiem

Venom, I added your screenshot to the image gallery. Everyone, feel free to post images of stuff you make with the mod! If I like them I'll add them to the OP!

I̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶A̶t̶l̶a̶s̶-̶A̶g̶e̶n̶a̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶A̶t̶l̶a̶s̶-̶C̶e̶n̶t̶a̶u̶r̶ Thanks, man!

Thank you! Does everything work with New Horizons? I haven't had a chance to test but that's my fav planet pack.

Will tell you when I reach it... I'm playing with Galactic Neighbourhood, which has planet packs spawn in other systems, so it'll be awhile. So far, so great though.

One small caveat- maybe have the base Atlas parts available sooner in the tech tree.