[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

You're in luck! I've got about 11 crafts so far. Enjoy these non procedural, in beta-ish craft files each with its own custom description. As I make more, I will keep you updated. Please, Please, Please, PleasePLEASE! tell me about any issues, including misspelled descriptions, this part isnt BDB, etc.

Edited by Sgt.Shutesie

@VenomousRequiem, he's got Smokescreen but not Realplumes. We'll have to fix the configs to account for that.

@RYU AZUKU99, this mod doesn't include Realplumes, just configs for it. For now you can either install Realplumes or delete the files in Gamedata\Bluedog_DB\Compatability\Realplumes to get engine effects. It's a bug.

Edited by Jso

22 minutes ago, Jso said:

@VenomousRequiem, he's got Smokescreen but not Realplumes. We'll have to fix the configs to account for that.

@RYU AZUKU99, this mod doesn't include Realplumes, just configs for it. For now you can either install Realplumes or delete the files in Gamedata\Bluedog_DB\Compatability\Realplumes to get engine effects. It's a bug.

Gross... work. 

Is there a way to write 2 "NEEDS:" in a MM config?

53 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

You... just went through and fixed all of them? Jesus, thanks. You're slowly pushing my name off of the "RealPlumes config" credit section. :P

I'm a really really fast typist. Didn't use search and replace or anything. :-)

4 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

You're in luck! I've got about 11 crafts so far. Enjoy these non procedural, in beta-ish craft files each with its own custom description. As I make more, I will keep you updated. Please, Please, Please, PleasePLEASE! tell me about any issues, including misspelled descriptions, this part isnt BDB, etc.

ISSUE: The Daleth says it requires heavy strut.

Edited by davidy12

/Quote/ You're in luck! I've got about 11 crafts so far. Enjoy these non procedural, in beta-ish craft files each with its own custom description. As I make more, I will keep you updated. Please, Please,Please, PleasePLEASE! tell me about any issues, including misspelled descriptions, this part isnt BDB, etc. /Quote/

Which mods did u use. There are some craft files which have parts missing. (e.g. Heavyshipstrut) 

Thanks in advance

Mike

8 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Ok, I know what's wrong, I have the ww2 ship pack installed to make a carrier for a screenshot and it has a heavy strut. I will get that fixed later today after school.

Heavy struts are also in KW Rocketry which is another possibility.

@VenomousRequiem @Jso does that change in the RP configs make the non-RP plumes work? I'd like confirmation but if that is the solution I'll push an update ASAP.

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@VenomousRequiem @Jso does that change in the RP configs make the non-RP plumes work? I'd like confirmation but if that is the solution I'll push an update ASAP.

I mean... I'll be really busy today and this weekend so I can't really do much, but I'm sure they'll be tested. We gotchoo fam

This is kind of a bump and kind of not a bump. Fixed the craft files (for delta II), and started working on making the Muo-V stuff. Which brings another point, does anyone else like mind numbing activities? Well just try making 19 virtually identical (looking) rockets that all have to function properly, with custom descriptions, and so on. I don't know if I want to start modding, if making craft files is this mind numbing, then I don't know how I would ever be able to model. I'd expect to see the Muo-V crafts sometime either this weekend or mid next week, possibly even later. I will probably make the hermes and the sennio or however you spell it, and maybe even Brun tomorrow.

14 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

They work fine here. Toss them in a dev release and see what happens.

4 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

another point, does anyone else like mind numbing activities? Well just try making 19 virtually identical (looking) rockets that all have to function properly, with custom descriptions, and so on.

It's torture if you can't find a rhythm. Just one or two representatives from each family of rockets would be significant. You should probably setup a separate stock+bdb install so you don't accidentally include anymore parts from random mods. Personally I rarely bother to download craft files, but a collection of shots from Kronal Vessel Viewer I'd find very useful (hint).

I'll get you some blue prints and perhaps just make it a subassembly thing, atlas v CCB, boosters, DEC and SEC. I was originally planning to do subassemblies with only launch towers (I know some were fond of the launch towers I made), I'll even throw in radial CCBs for all the atlas V HLV fans.

3 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

I'll get you some blue prints and perhaps just make it a subassembly thing, atlas v CCB, boosters, DEC and SEC. I was originally planning to do subassemblies with only launch towers (I know some were fond of the launch towers I made), I'll even throw in radial CCBs for all the atlas V HLV fans.

Have you remade the craft files?

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

I really should check that the CCB is to scale... it wasn't modeled from orthographics...

While you are checking that, could you make a structure for the 500+ atlas V's. You'll see what I mean on the launch of like New Horizons, for the 5.4 meter fairing atlas V. Its an interstate fairing kind of thing.

9 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

While you are checking that, could you make a structure for the 500+ atlas V's. You'll see what I mean on the launch of like New Horizons, for the 5.4 meter fairing atlas V. Its an interstate fairing kind of thing.

I know about it. Probably when I take another serious look at Atlas.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

I know about it. Probably when I take another serious look at Atlas.

Let me know when you do. I've been reading up on ULA's work for the Phase 2 EELV program lately, including the "Land a Centaur horizontally on the Moon" idea.

35 minutes ago, TimothyC said:

Let me know when you do. I've been reading up on ULA's work for the Phase 2 EELV program lately, including the "Land a Centaur horizontally on the Moon" idea.

I, uh, really want to avoid doing more modern stuff. I am doing the Atlas V SRBs and the 5m (3.125m in game I guess) fairing base for Atlas V, and stretching it to fit the actual size.

Things are slow here as I'm trying my hardest to get through the next couple weeks. Midterm projects are swamping me despite trying to work ahead earlier in the quarter. Serious dev will probably resume the second week of February.