[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

The tank looks great and the engine looks great, but they dont seem to go together too well.

I can take a look at it. *shrug* I just finished revamping those textures in the last update. Is it the textures or something else?

At the moment I want to finish up what I'm working on right now and move on. This update was originally meant to get a lot of things I 'wanted, but didn't want to do' out of the way, which certainly has not helped my overall situation (though I don't think it was a root cause of the slowdown). I want to move on to new things - Atlas and Titan expansions in particular excite me right now.

Edited by CobaltWolf

“Fat Core” Titan III Proposals

Note: The name comes from an Aerospace Technology article on 29 January 1968, which went:

Asked what he foresaw as the launch vehicle beyond an uprated Titan III-C (Titan III-M, seven-segment solid rocket motors and a stretched first stage), Col. Taliaferro said:

"That is about the extent of the growth potential of the present Titan III. Beyond that, if and when a firm requirement exists for a booster in the 50,000 to 100,000 lb. payload class, I like the fat-core Titan with optimized 156-in.-dia. solid rocket motors."

Col. Taliaferro defined "fat core" as a Titan III vehicle with the diameter extended to 156 in. Four of the current Aerojet liquid-fuel engines are clustered and fed from common tankage.

Martin-Marietta Corp. has funded an in-house effort of this nature for some time and such a vehicle has been well defined.

TITAN IIIG:

"The Titan IIIG has a 15 ft. diameter core with a 4 engine first stage, and can use 7-segment 120-inch or 5-segment 156-inch diameter SRM. Low earth orbit payloads up to 100,000 lbs are claimed. Martin has generated a serious sales effort to sell this vehicle in competition to the Saturn derivative intermediate family (e.g., INT-20)."
Selected Comments on Agena and Titan III Family Stages, Case 720; 26 March 1968,

Titan III Large Diameter Core (LDC) Family
(aka Titan IIIL)

Notes: This family was proposed from mid-1971 onwards by Martin Marietta. It would have increased the core stage diameter up from the existing 10 feet (3m) and would have used a varying number of UA-1207 SRMs developed for the Titan IIIM program.

@MKSheppard great info! The Shuttle proposal... whoa.

So if I had to boil down LDT to... say, one primary model... 2.5m is a bit small but is also IMO appropriately sized for what sort of role I want it to fill, ie a powerful 2.5m lifter with massive solids, perhaps outclassing things like the Atlas V.

Also... would they have converted to kerolox at some point? Seems pointless to stay with storable propelants.

2 minutes ago, Jso said:

@CobaltWolf could we get the PhysicsSignificance = 1 line removed from the Agena Secondary Engine? I can't think of a reason for it to be there. That's the reason nobody could get RealPlumes working on that engine.

@VenomousRequiem, it works:

gyVfjnN.png

How do you always do exactly what I do but better...

Shouldn't those be Hypergolic-Vernier though? 

2 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

How do you always do exactly what I do but better...

Shouldn't those be Hypergolic-Vernier though? 

I think it looks awful, it's way misaligned and overdone. My thought was to try Hypergolic-OMS-Grey Red or White. And a lot smaller plume.

31 minutes ago, Jso said:

I think it looks awful, it's way misaligned and overdone. My thought was to try Hypergolic-OMS-Grey Red or White. And a lot smaller plume.

Red. I'll make sure it's in the newest version. :P

UPDATE:

0qiVclA.png

!!!

Working Agena secondary engines!

UPDATE 2:

I sent Cobalt the updated RP config and part .cfg, everything is in order. Thank you for your help. :)

Edited by VenomousRequiem

A big thank you (and a shoutout) to @Jso for providing me a way to remove smoke from RealPlume engine effects.

Just post the following in a RP engine CFG

@PART[PartName]:HAS[@PLUME[PlumeName]]:FOR[zzzRealPlume]:NEEDS[RealPlume]
{
	@EFFECTS,PartName
	{
		@Alcolox-Lower-A6
		{
			!MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE_PERSIST[smoke] {}
		}
		@Ammonialox
		{
		}
		@Hydynelox-A7
		{
		}
		@Hypergolic-Lower
		{
		}
		@Hypergolic-Upper
		{
		}
		@Kerolox-Lower
		{
		}
		@Kerolox-Lower-F1
		{
		}
		@Kerolox-Upper
		{
		}
		@Turbofan-Spool
		{
		}
		@Turbojet-Spool
		{
		}
	}
}

Example:
Delta II RS-27 engine.

@PART[bluedog_Delta2_RS27]:HAS[@PLUME[Kerolox-Lower]]:FOR[zzzRealPlume]:NEEDS[RealPlume]
{
    @EFFECTS,bluedog_Delta2_RS27
    {
        @Alcolox-Lower-A6
        {
        }
        @Ammonialox
        {
        }
        @Hydynelox-A7
        {
        }
        @Hypergolic-Lower
        {
        }
        @Hypergolic-Upper
        {
        }
        @Kerolox-Lower
        {
        }
        @Kerolox-Lower-F1
        {
        }
        @Kerolox-Upper
        {
        }
        @Turbofan-Spool
        {
        }
        @Turbojet-Spool
        {
        }
    }
}

Result:
dRlFAY.jpg

13 minutes ago, fs10inator said:

Example:
Delta II RS-27 engine.

Umm, that works? I would think it would blow up on the @EFFECTS,bluedog_Delta2_RS27 line. That's not valid.

The config I gave you in the other thread will single handedly remove the smoke from all liquid engines without modification. I thought that's what you wanted.

If you want to be selective use this:

@PART[bluedog_Delta2_RS27]:HAS[@PLUME[*]]:FOR[zzzRealPlume]:NEEDS[RealPlume]
{
	@EFFECTS,*
	{
		@Kerolox-Lower
		{
		}
	}
}

For a different part change Kerolox-Lower to the appropriate effect (Hypergolic-Lower, Hypergolic-Upper, ect).

11 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

@Jso if you work your magic and like PM me the updated configs I'll make sure they get into the next release. 

I don't know what you're talking about.