[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

I just updated BDB to 0.10.6, and it disabled a third of my satellites saying that parts are missing (mainly the Malhena solar array and the mariner 2 Omni antenna).

Oh, and has the Hermes heatshield been removed?

7 hours ago, NotAgain said:

I just updated BDB to 0.10.6, and it disabled a third of my satellites saying that parts are missing (mainly the Malhena solar array and the mariner 2 Omni antenna).

Oh, and has the Hermes heatshield been removed?

The antennas were renamed back in April. Not sure why. The heatshields were removed not long ago, but if I understood CobaltWolf correctly they'll be making a comeback. Sticking the ablator in the pod has issues.

2 hours ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

I found a thing...

5 engine Atlas... wut...

2 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

I like this thing. This thing is cool. 

According to another video report from Convair Atlas was actually planned to have a 5 engine variant and longer first stage tanks, but it was found to be unnecessary.

I'd really like a 4 engine mount though.

12 hours ago, PickledTripod said:

According to another video report from Convair Atlas was actually planned to have a 5 engine variant and longer first stage tanks, but it was found to be unnecessary.

Yup, that was MX-1593. Smaller warheads made the design overkill.

I'm actually using something similar in RSS, needs a lot of struts though.

On 5/27/2016 at 7:07 AM, Jso said:

New release is up. This the BDB while the cat's away the mice will play edition. As always, delete the Gamedata/Bluedog_DB folder before installing.

Q8XgwBc.png

Changelog:

0.10.6 (Mice!)

-Added Mariner 4 dish

-Thrust curves for solid engines

-RealChute compatibility

-Agena/Able/AbleStar balance

-Added normal maps and other goodies to the Titan, Agena, and Mercury parts. Hurray!

-Added SOLTAN parts

-Moved some of the Titan parts around in the tech tree.

-Moved the Leo parts around, now they all unlock at the same tier. The Big G crew module was moved up a node, along with its heatshield.

-Art update for Agena, Thor, Redstone, Vanguard

-Added Navaho engine

-Cryogenic Engines compatability

-Fixed the IR spectrometer not being rerunnable. @raveloda

-Updated Antenna Range compatibility patches. @rasta013

-Upgraded Navaho engine to 1.25 meter and significantly increased power. Include a little test to make it very unreliable and prone to explode due to overheating.

-Gemini parachute fix. Might finally have it this time. Rebuilt the chute from scratch and increased the drag on the capsule.

-Numerous minor bug fixes

cool! 

@davidy12 Only the barebones RO/RP0 ones. It's a procedural interstage flipped around, then a rectangular frame of girders is attached to the interstage fairing. Procedural tanks (for the protrusions) and engines attach to that. Then fuel lines and struts are added. The whole shebang is close to 40 parts IIRC.

@CobaltWolf I just submitted the first pull request for a couple of command parts on Github, have 6 or 7 solids partially done as well. I'll try to finish configs for solid motors sometime this week :)

16 minutes ago, Ravenchant said:

@CobaltWolf I just submitted the first pull request for a couple of command parts on Github, have 6 or 7 solids partially done as well. I'll try to finish configs for solid motors sometime this week :)

Cobalt will be gone for a while, but I'll bet if you ask nicely @Jso could take over the Github administration for me while Cobalt is gone. :wink:

1 minute ago, Dodovogel said:

Hi again

I used the camera science experiments and I was surprised that they do not seem to be reset/cleanable using a scientist/science lab. Is this intended behavior?

Yeah, those totally seem to something that is re-runnable. Which camera are you using? I feel like the film one shouldn't be as re-runnable than the others.

22 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Yeah, those totally seem to something that is re-runnable. Which camera are you using? I feel like the film one shouldn't be as re-runnable than the others.

I think i used the low and mid tech ones, so those with film.

Now it's not about re-running, actually. I understand that film capacity is limited (you can re-run it only a limited number of times - until film is full). But I figured a highly trained Kerbal scientist could exchange the film ("clean"/reset the experiment so the camera can be used again :wink: ).

Here is my understanding how it ought to work: The low tech limit is that you can not transmit the image but you need to recover the experiment (i guess that would be the film). The mid tech can transmit a bad copy of the film (only partial science), else you need to recover it. Both of the previous experiments operate on film which is full after 4 exposures. The high tech one uses digital sensor and can transmit a perfect copy, no need to recover the experiment ( I did not actually test it but the part stats say this one is limited to 4 exposures as well - I don't understand why that should be a limit).

Anyway if you have a different interpretation that is fine too. I just expected it to work differently.