[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

32 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah, it helps the normal maps pop.

They're going to need some more work to get them to be lego-ish. For a variety of reasons, we had to make them 5.625m. Which means I have to make a ton of quality-of-life parts like adapters, decouplers, etc. In addition to all the extra Saturn variants (see the roadmap) I might make some extra 'generic' 5.625m parts to give them more use. I am kind of realizing they will only be useful for Saturn-style rockets though. I'm not quite sure what the best solution will be.

If I remember the whole diameter debate right 5.625 was chosen because it allowed you to use a regular 3.75 upper stage, which I liked because I use more 3.75 than 5 anyway.  

I think as long as there are straight cylindrical tank sections they will definitely be useful in other applications, so if it were me I'd make the fuel tanks separate parts from the 5-way engine adapters (are the 5 J-2's separate?), upper stage adapter, etc. and I'm sure people will find uses for them.

I'd love to see extra generic parts; if you wanted to avoid making a bunch of adapters you could make them 5m along with some duplicate nonspecific Saturn parts, might save some modeling effort at the cost of player confusion. If the 5.625 system is fleshed out enough though it will be useful on its own.

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

8 minutes ago, Jso said:

News from the pointy end. @Kurld has given the LES proper jettison motors - we were using the escape motor vectors before, canards, and some weight and balance tweaks (that 1.2 will probably break, but oh well).

just eye candy, they do turn it around.

Awesome! And nice to see the textures are working now!

If I start to stream in about 30 minutes, who would show up? What about tomorrow?

16 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

will this be 1.2 compatible?

Almost, past me. The parts will work, but anything connected to DMagic, CryoEngines, or Modulemanager in general will not.

(in other words, Wave goodbye to your working Saturn 1c rocket! Yes, I know how much you like it, you can be patient, right?)

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

Hey guys quick question hopefully somebody can help me get sorted out. I'm using BDB for a quick career run to Duna while I wait for 1.2 and the mods to get updated.

I've just unlocked everything I need for the Muo 1E and the Inon upper stage isn't working. Took longer than I would like to admit to realize it's a cryogenic engine, I think to myself no problem, I've got all the dependencies I just forgot to switch the fuel type.

When I get into the VAB is where my troubles start. It looks like the interstellar fuel switch was applied to the parts instead of the B9 version so I can't switch to LH/O mixture the tanks require. I'm fairly sure this is easily fixed by either editing the part configs or a module manager patch or both? I just don't know how to do that stuff so I'm asking you guys for help.

thanks!

This is a tank bug that is fixed in the dev edition; if you open the offending tanks cfg file, you will find that the oxidizer resource is accidentally commented out (it has // at the front of the line.)

Take out those slashes and you should be good to go. 

(Unless something else is amiss, in which case report back and we'll sort it at that point :) )

2 hours ago, _Krieger_ said:

Are you going to stream today?

No, sorry! As of this week, I am going from 2 jobs to 0. Tonight is reserved for updating my Resume.

12 minutes ago, RecidivistTwist said:

Hey guys quick question hopefully somebody can help me get sorted out. I'm using BDB for a quick career run to Duna while I wait for 1.2 and the mods to get updated.

I've just unlocked everything I need for the Muo 1E and the Inon upper stage isn't working. Took longer than I would like to admit to realize it's a cryogenic engine, I think to myself no problem, I've got all the dependencies I just forgot to switch the fuel type.

When I get into the VAB is where my troubles start. It looks like the interstellar fuel switch was applied to the parts instead of the B9 version so I can't switch to LH/O mixture the tanks require. I'm fairly sure this is easily fixed by either editing the part configs or a module manager patch or both? I just don't know how to do that stuff so I'm asking you guys for help.

thanks!

I'm not 100% sure. I know we use B9 because that's what CryoFuels uses (and, btw, everyone, you should be using CryoFuels with BDB! The Centaur and Saturn upper stages work a lot better with it) but I don't even think I have IFS installed. Could it be that IFS is highjacking it or something? I don't really mess with CFGs all that much - more just chiming in to let you know that I saw your question.

Apart from that issue I hope you're enjoying the mod!

11 minutes ago, _Krieger_ said:

Damn, that sucks man, hope you find another job soon.

Good luck Wolf!

Well, I start my 9-month senior project (as well as my senior year of college) on Monday, so I'm not planning on having to use it right away. But one of my current employers offered to review it and basically help me optimize it for the resume-crawler bots that a lot of places screen resumes through. My last day is tomorrow so I need to have it with me.

Edited by CobaltWolf

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well, I start my 9-month senior project (as well as my senior year of college) on Monday, so I'm not planning on having to use it right away. But one of my current employers offered to review it and basically help me optimize it for the resume-crawler bots that a lot of places screen resumes through.

You need a resume dispersal spider bot. One that hunts down the crawlers, injects your resume, and stops them searching...