[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Okay, tested it, and have to admit it's way too much for me :D, but seriously this is amazing work! I will have some fun in sandbox now with those awsome craft files. But this is like a whole new game.

Im amazed! Congrats.

The categories are a bit missmatching. Electric stuff in utilities etc.

2 minutes ago, maculator said:

Okay, tested it, and have to admit it's way too much for me :D, but seriously this is amazing work! I will have some fun in sandbox now with those awsome craft files. But this is like a whole new game.

Im amazed! Congrats.

The categories are a bit missmatching. Electric stuff in utilities etc.

Thanks! I don't think we had a full chance to reevaluate our part categories; definitely something to look into. :)

@sp1989 I'm not sure what you mean. I'll have to see if it does that on my end.

Anyways, I have been running particle simulations in the lab all day. While I waited for those, I felt like getting some modeling done...

@DiscoSlelge promise I'll try and get some renders of the new stuff for the manual for you tonight. :)

9 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Thanks! I don't think we had a full chance to reevaluate our part categories; definitely something to look into. :)

@sp1989 I'm not sure what you mean. I'll have to see if it does that on my end.

Anyways, I have been running particle simulations in the lab all day. While I waited for those, I felt like getting some modeling done...

@DiscoSlelge promise I'll try and get some renders of the new stuff for the manual for you tonight. :)

I know it seems subtle but when you are playing the game it certainly isn't. If you look at the pictures side by side you can see the issue I am talking about. Look at the bottom left where the cost of the vessel and symmetry stuff would be. It look "like" a layers was taken away? I don't know but it certainly is a visual glitch. I was getting in in the pre-release but assumed it was a bug they would kill unfortunately completely stock I don't get that glitch. Its only when I install BDB.

1 minute ago, sp1989 said:

I know it seems subtle but when you are playing the game it certainly isn't. If you look at the pictures side by side you can see the issue I am talking about. Look at the bottom left where the cost of the vessel and symmetry stuff would be. It look "like" a layers was taken away? I don't know but it certainly is a visual glitch. I was getting in in the pre-release but assumed it was a bug they would kill unfortunately completely stock I don't get that glitch. Its only when I install BDB.

Huh. Out of curiosity, could you delete the BDB plugin(s)? That's the only thing off the top of my head. Is it only with certain parts?

23 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Huh. Out of curiosity, could you delete the BDB plugin(s)? That's the only thing off the top of my head. Is it only with certain parts?

I have not tried it with any other parts besides the Apollo parts but it doesn't seem to be parts just generally clicking anywhere in the VAB like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnSqtsW5xdk

Which plugins do i delete? 

edit: deleting the plugin did not fix it. 

Edited by sp1989

14 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

I have not tried it with any other parts besides the Apollo parts but it doesn't seem to be parts just generally clicking anywhere in the VAB like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnSqtsW5xdk

Which plugins do i delete? 

edit: deleting the plugin did not fix it. 

If the plugin being there or not doesn't effect the bug, it's less likely that it's BDB. Parts are parts, I mean...

you were on OS X, I saw. IronCretin, what do you run?

I get the same exact same issue on OS X, but also chalked it up to stock bugs. I also haven't had the 1.2 releases installed without BDB, so the connection didn't even occur to me :P 

as far as bugs go, it didn't completely break the game/effect much, so I kinda shrugged it off ><

Edited by komodo
Homophones are hard y'all

@CobaltWolf, thanks a ton for all the great work you've put in, I remember when this was just Redstone and Atlas, there was no Mercury, and Gemini was the new big thing! We've certainly come a long way since those days, haven't we?

@komodo, I got the same issue in the pre-release as well, but while running Windows 10. It was only while BDB was installed. :huh: Curiouser and curiouser. 

@CobaltWolf

About the "glitch" that seems to be related to BDB, my 2 cents about some possible cause (I'm not a programmer or anything particular, but only working on thoughts):

- Check if could be the "lacking" of some plugin that are still coded inside some parts (example: could be the actual lacking of a DMagic plugin, for other players, where the parts still retain the MODULE needed to function with it): that could be the cause of some "errors".

- Check if there could be some related issues not really with the presence or assence of BDB plugin, but like above, if it's how KSP read the MODULE related.

A simple test could be "remove" not only the plugins, but also (in each part that works with them) the MODULE that use those (or simple try an install with the simpler parts that do not need any plugin and then, ONE by ONE, add those that are related to them, hunting eventually the "one" that could enter in contrast with the base game).

... basically, should be tested as "probably cause of problem" not only the parts with special functions related to BDB plugin (Apollo's CM decoupler, LES, SLA etc) but also those that could be related to DMagic (the scientific stuff), then even the cryogenic one (tanks and engine).
THEN, if any of the above could not resolve the problem, the only thing I could add is, eventually, a glitch likely the old "exploding parts in the menu", where some parts (with a certain combination of MODULE) created visual problems on the vab.

<Araym put out of the locker the armor...>

986ba5f97f812a9247a3e7b7e781f303.jpg

Have I to take another ride with the +12 Ax anti-bugs? :cool:

Edited by Araym

Uh.... sure.

HOTFIX v1.0.1 IS NOW AVAILABLE

DOWNLOAD FROM GITHUB OR SPACEDOCK

NOTE – Only for KSP version 1.2 full release. WILL NOT WORK IN 1.1.3. 64bit recommended.

NOTE – BDB is balanced to have parts inline with stock values. This means that the rockets significantly overperform in the stock system. The alternative would be to have parts that are very underpowered compared to contemporary parts. To achieve proper balance, we recommend using a 3.2x rescale, which requires rockets to be built with more realistic proportions.

NOTE – The BDB Manual has not been updated. Since Kronal Vessel Viewer has not been updated, and might not be, myself and DiscoSlelge will have to find a new way to take the renders for the manual.

Changelog:

-Included updated version of DMagicScienceAnimate. Thanks @DMagic!

I've seen this graphics glitch in the VAB since we started using 1.2. It seems to be tag related. Meaning it depends on what you have entered in the search box. But I can't explain it or make it happen with stock parts.

17 minutes ago, Jso said:

I've seen this graphics glitch in the VAB since we started using 1.2. It seems to be tag related. Meaning it depends on what you have entered in the search box. But I can't explain it or make it happen with stock parts.

Could it have to do with the new part categories? 

33 minutes ago, Jso said:

It also happens when you click on the staging icons in the vabv

About the ATM for Skylab, why can't it rotate like the real-life one? I mean it should be as easy as making it a surface-attachable part fitting the airlock module with a one-shot ModuleAnimateGeneric.

Also it doesn't seems like Kopernicus is going to be updated right away, so I'm trying to backport the current release to 1.1.3 (I take entire responsability for this) so I can test Saturn IB and V in a 3X rescaled system, what was the last 1.1.3 dev version and where can I find it?

14 minutes ago, PickledTripod said:

About the ATM for Skylab, why can't it rotate like the real-life one? I mean it should be as easy as making it a surface-attachable part fitting the airlock module with a one-shot ModuleAnimateGeneric.

Also it doesn't seems like Kopernicus is going to be updated right away, so I'm trying to backport the current release to 1.1.3 (I take entire responsability for this) so I can test Saturn IB and V in a 3X rescaled system, what was the last 1.1.3 dev version and where can I find it?

You can't have parts follow animated parts. That's the whole reason we have Infernal Robotics. In any case, keeping them separate would leave us with more flexible parts overall.

Uhhh... I guess this would be the latest one. You'd have to replace all the textures and models for the new stuff. And then probably change everything else. And even then, the balance probably wouldn't be correct.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

You can't have parts follow animated parts. That's the whole reason we have Infernal Robotics. In any case, keeping them separate would leave us with more flexible parts overall.

Oh yeah I forgot you had to add solar panels and stuff to it.

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Uhhh... I guess this would be the latest one. You'd have to replace all the textures and models for the new stuff. And then probably change everything else. And even then, the balance probably wouldn't be correct.

Thanks a lot! The way I'm doing it is using the last stable 1.1.3 release, add the Apollo and Saturn parts from release 1.0 and remove KSP 1.2 stuff from the configs (new categories, CommNet stuff, etc.) so I only wanted that for the DLL.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

NOTE – The BDB Manual has not been updated. Since Kronal Vessel Viewer has not been updated, and might not be, myself and DiscoSlelge will have to find a new way to take the renders for the manual.

Maybe the KSP ship to Blender plugin? You could use that, put the textures on, then render it.

>>2016
>>Senior year of a VFX degree
>>Implying I would spend my free time practicing with software that negligibly improves my job prospects.

:)

1 minute ago, pheenix99 said:

Odd 1.2 issue. So far every BD part that I've encountered is invisible. Not sure if a log will help, but tell me what file you want and I'll post it.

uhhhhh sure... someone on Reddit said that all their tanks were missing LFO... stuff is weird. Throw you KSP.log up on Pastebin or Dropbox or something, I'll take a look at it.

Edited by CobaltWolf