[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

58 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm working on other projects right now, since when I come back to BDB they'll probably fall back on the wayside.

That's great too! Are we allowed to know which projects? Updates to other mods, or new projects entirely?

19 hours ago, NotAgain said:

That's great too! Are we allowed to know which projects? Updates to other mods, or new projects entirely?

Uhm, I think people mostly know by now.

• Mini Sample Return Capsule - Already updated with some help.
  • Surface Experiment Pack update - admittedly, almost entirely DMagic's work. I think I edited some colliders...
  • Taerobee - That expansion is pretty much done, I just need to put a bit more polish into it and add some things that are kicking around the Maya scene but aren't in game.
  • Cacteye - Unfortunately it looks like that might require a bigger revamp than just the main telescope, but I don't know when I'll come back to it once that's done.
  • Texture pack for DMagic Orbital Science - Been on the back burner for forever now, dunno how much I'll get around to.
  • Plus some other projects that I provide enough technical support on outside the forums that take up a significant amount of time, but they aren't generally 'revealed' yet. And they're not really mine - though I do feel attached to them. :)

The only thing that I don't think I've talked too much about, but have hinted at a bit, is a collaborative project between myself and @benjee10, with major contributions from @Beale and some other modders. I'm not really willing to talk too much about it yet, but it's a stockalike (in the same, increasingly vague sense that BDB is stockalike...) historical parts pack that doesn't involve US/NASA parts. Real work was started on that today, actually, so hopefully we'll have a dev thread up soon. Looking at your user info I daresay that it might interest you. :wink: But I won't comment on it here further.

The problem is BDB itself is such a massive, endless project, it just sucks me in, but at the same time, I have so many cool ideas bouncing around my head... Ideally what I need to do is work on KSP projects full time but that will never happen. :P

Edited by CobaltWolf

That's a lot of projects, Cobalt, geez. They're all amazing; the CactEye revamp in particular is something I wanted for awhile.

As for the new project, that's an amazing team you've got to work on it! I'm going to throw out a wild guess and say JAXA parts. At the very least because I want some.

14 minutes ago, BMot360 said:

Are there any recommendations for a 3.2x rescale mod, as suggested in the Latest Release notes on GitHub?

I'm not sure what the current state of prepackaged rescales is, but all you need to roll your own is Kopernicus and Sigma Dimensions. Edit the GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/settings.cfg and change Resize and Rescale to 3.2. I've heard everything works well as is at 3.0x, and we're currently testing tweaks for higher rescales. Don't forget to go into advanced options and set the antenna and dsn range modifiers to whatever value you used for the rescale.

3 hours ago, Jso said:

I'm not sure what the current state of prepackaged rescales is, but all you need to roll your own is Kopernicus and Sigma Dimensions. Edit the GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/settings.cfg and change Resize and Rescale to 3.2. I've heard everything works well as is at 3.0x, and we're currently testing tweaks for higher rescales. Don't forget to go into advanced options and set the antenna and dsn range modifiers to whatever value you used for the rescale.

Thanks for the recommendation. Did you make any changes to the atmosphere height?

2 hours ago, Ct9ars said:

For some reason I am getting no IVA with the Apollo CM.

Can you tell me if it's related to this issue on Github?

EDIT: Starting to shift back towards BDB a bit... Got a bit of modeling done on Skylab this morning. I think the next step might be to unwrap the basic workshop itself, and get that textured - figure out some style guides for this new texture sheet and get things figured out.

yaUDwXU.png

pa8Y2t3.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, BMot360 said:

Am I doing something wrong with the Sarnus IB (plus Apollo), as I can barely make it into orbit without the Apollo engine kicking in to get me there? I though the S-IB and the S-IVB would do it?

Is Apollo fully fueled? Filled all the way Apollo weighs too much for Saturn Ib. 

11 minutes ago, BMot360 said:

Am I doing something wrong with the Sarnus IB (plus Apollo), as I can barely make it into orbit without the Apollo engine kicking in to get me there? I though the S-IB and the S-IVB would do it?

9 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Is Apollo fully fueled? Filled all the way Apollo weighs too much for Saturn Ib. 

^ Saturn 1B - balanced to perform relative to IRL - needs the Apollo tanks to be mostly empty to make orbit. Saturn 1, and then 1B, struggled to keep up with the ever-increasing weight of the Apollo CSM. Luckily for them, the orbital missions that the S1B needed to launch it into didn't need much dV.

11 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

^ Saturn 1B - balanced to perform relative to IRL - needs the Apollo tanks to be mostly empty to make orbit. Saturn 1, and then 1B, struggled to keep up with the ever-increasing weight of the Apollo CSM. Luckily for them, the orbital missions that the S1B needed to launch it into didn't need much dV.

Oh, I see! I didn't realise that.

Ah yes, looking at Wikipedia, I see that an LEO Apollo CSM was about 1/2 the weight of a Lunar CSM.

Thanks for the heads up!

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Can you tell me if it's related to this issue on Github?

EDIT: Starting to shift back towards BDB a bit... Got a bit of modeling done on Skylab this morning. I think the next step might be to unwrap the basic workshop itself, and get that textured - figure out some style guides for this new texture sheet and get things figured out.

~snip~

It's looking great, can't wait to get my hands on it.