[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Just now, davidy12 said:

Okay, I've tried everything, not working. The helical antenna is flawed. It keeps sinking through the spacecraft

I've never had this problem at all. Its obvious you are, but I don't know what it might be. Have you tried it on a clean install?

6 minutes ago, NotAgain said:

@CobaltWolf, there doesn't seem to be any realplume configs for the Prometheus I SRBs. Is this intentional? Or am I doing something wrong? (All the other engines (apart from the Apollo Block III SM engine based on the Sina) have working configs.)

No, @VenomousRequiem is just slacking.

2 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

What? Which engine is it?

The Sultan booster and it's radial counterpart (I've forgotten that one's name) from the prometheus 1 and the sina ascent and descent engine based service module propulsion engines for the block III Apollo CSM.

2 minutes ago, NotAgain said:

The Sultan booster and it's radial counterpart (I've forgotten that one's name) from the prometheus 1 and the sina ascent and descent engine based service module propulsion engines for the block III Apollo CSM.

I make RP configs for engines the second they come out. I distinctly remember making configs for those four engines. Try and download the latest version from Git and tell me how that works. Not the release, like the download zip thing, you know what I mean? 

On 15/11/2016 at 6:55 PM, BMot360 said:

Oh, I see! I didn't realise that.

Ah yes, looking at Wikipedia, I see that an LEO Apollo CSM was about 1/2 the weight of a Lunar CSM.

Thanks for the heads up!

Still struggling getting an Apollo CSM (with 90/110 Liquid Fuel/Oxidizer) into orbit with a Saturn IB booster.

I'm using x3 rescale. The Saturn V is working great and seems to stage in the right places, but the IB seems underpowered.

26 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I make RP configs for engines the second they come out. I distinctly remember making configs for those four engines. Try and download the latest version from Git and tell me how that works. Not the release, like the download zip thing, you know what I mean? 

I don't know about the apollo block III engines but I downloaded today the latest github version and I also don't have RP configs for the titan 1 SRB's

6 minutes ago, BMot360 said:

Still struggling getting an Apollo CSM (with 90/110 Liquid Fuel/Oxidizer) into orbit with a Saturn IB booster.

I'm using x3 rescale. The Saturn V is working great and seems to stage in the right places, but the IB seems underpowered.

You've gotta drop the amounts of fuel in the CSM to like 1/16ths max to get into orbit with the Ib. Like you're only going to be able to get enough fuel for 300M/s of Dv

@NeoFatalis I blame @Sgt.Shutesie

Edited by VenomousRequiem

@BMot360 are you running the release version or the dev version? The Saturns are fairly underpowered in the v1.0.1 release; we had nerfed them significantly without considering the consequences it would have on the x3 scale that everything else performs properly at! Take a look at the current development branch on Github and tell us if you're still having issues.

9 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@BMot360 are you running the release version or the dev version? The Saturns are fairly underpowered in the v1.0.1 release; we had nerfed them significantly without considering the consequences it would have on the x3 scale that everything else performs properly at! Take a look at the current development branch on Github and tell us if you're still having issues.

Everything performs properley except Atlas, I can never pack enough fuel on that thing to get to orbit in a 3x rescale. Works great in a 2x, though.

5 hours ago, BMot360 said:

In addition to what everyone else said, minimize the monoprop. 250 units weighs a ton. It's been quite liberally sprinkled around.

xuB94cN.png

First career mode MOL station hub with a Zodiak Mk.3 spacecraft docked. Cool story: Due to a launch error, the MOL Station "Dragonstar" did not reach a stable orbit. Val and Bill launched an Intrepid mission to intercept the Station in its unstable orbit and were able to elevate its periapsis and save the station. This was taken after the daring rescue. 

The Zodiak Mk.3 is rated for munar orbit. A Mk3. was launched in the rescue so it would have sufficient fuel to rescue the station. Here is a different Zodiak Mk.3 orbiting the Mun:

yCimg7w.png

Suggestion: You should make that Gemini solar panel only have cells on one side since only one side works in KSP. It's a helpful visual cue for the player.

~Cheers

5 hours ago, NotAgain said:

Just found a problem with the aardvark control unit: it costs 2.75 funds...

Is there a sale on?

4 hours ago, Jall said:

Shhh! Don't tell him! You'll bankrupt my space program!

You'll also notice that it doesn't have a proper name, or description, or anything really! It's almost like I just jammed it in game to see what it would look like. :P

3 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

So me and @CobaltWolf were talking, and we decided that it's time to get started on something that y'all have wanted for a while...

Any guesses?

I know what it is... Get out...

EDIT: Why is it whenever you decide to work you always do something that makes my life harder? :P

EDIT2: ALSO, I will be chillin'n'grillin on @akron's stream tonight. If he ends too early, I might try and see if my stream works again...

EDIT3: what do you mean we 'were talking'? You just texted me and told me to check the thread...

Edited by CobaltWolf