[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

I got a chance today to try out the Saturn and Apollo parts, I'm quite impressed with the quality of it. Here's the first part of my Lunar mission in SSRSS, using SEP 2.0

Spoiler

FljFMLr.png

Descent to the landing site. I can't be certain, but I believe this is approximately the location of Hadley Rille, the site of Apollo 15's surface activities.

oxqtApZ.png

Contact light, the Falcon is on the plain at Hadley.

oGCgNSY.png

Meanwhile the Command Module orbits overheard, performing extensive photo-reconnaissance of the Moon.

zVnlJ1Q.png

First (and most important) order of business on the Lunar surface is to get the Ghetto BlasterTM set up. It seems to only play Kevin MacLeod music though, I was hoping for some classic rock or something. Oh well.

PMp08Hk.png

After moving the storage lockers from the LEM to the ALSEP site the crew found a guitar packed inside. For some reason, it doesn't play music, which is too bad, because the boombox exploded when I tried to move it.

7FnkVVN.png

Anyway, here's the ALSEP, or what remains of it. For unknown reasons, several of the experiments exploded when I tried to install the plug connectors. Also some plug connectors exploded when I tried to unpack them from the locker. At least the basketball and guitar seem fine, and the golf club, tacos, and beer I also brought were able to be used with no problems. Except that the golf club doesn't seem to do anything. Oh well...

CGdGnMt.png

Of course, who could go to the Moon without actually trying to blow something up? I mean, it's not like we needed a rocket to get here.

A6EuITq.png

Damn, that was close! I almost blew up the ALSEP, LEM, and crew all in one blast! I have three other explosives, I'll make sure to detonate them farther away or use a smaller blast radius next time.

Hadley-Apennine does not have the actual Rille modeled, am deeply disappoint by this. Volvo pls fix.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

58 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

@CobaltWolf Mr Wolfy, I wanted to finally start my Apollo mission showcase and my lunar surveyor is still missing something :D, I know you're busy and all but it will be very nice if you can find the time to complete it. Thanks!!

I think @akron was working on surveyor, idk if he finished it or not.

@Drakenex you goof, that's not an Agena tank! Looks awesome otherwise, shoutout to AIES for the probe solar panels and the core!

@legoclone09 I'm trying to move all the flat adapters to that method for switching sizes. I actually set up the MOS 1.875m adapter to do it as well for the initial test, but accidentally overwrote it in my local install without uploading it to Github. It's still set up correctly in Unity, I just need to re-export it and re-add the cfg changes. I don't foresee doing it for any of the non 'flat' adapters.

Now for some old business...

@notJebKerman I don't think so? Most of our parts don't even have IVAs (they're not worth my time)

@pTrevTrevs the exploding parts should be fixed in the newest release of SEP but no guarantees that the fixes will pass to parts that have already launched.

@olekopyto it works in 1.2.1.

39 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@legoclone09 I'm trying to move all the flat adapters to that method for switching sizes. I actually set up the MOS 1.875m adapter to do it as well for the initial test, but accidentally overwrote it in my local install without uploading it to Github. It's still set up correctly in Unity, I just need to re-export it and re-add the cfg changes. I don't foresee doing it for any of the non 'flat' adapters.

Awesome! I might make some ModuleManager configs for different sized ones because I love the Apollo gray.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Drakenex you goof, that's not an Agena tank! Looks awesome otherwise, shoutout to AIES for the probe solar panels and the core!

ohhh argggg by Grabthar's Hammer!! BDB Manuel, page 73 "Belle D" (fancy name for Agena) Belle 180 liquid fuel tank!! aaaand @carmics is gone! be responsible men!!! think of the children the children!! :kiss:

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

The tank you used is not the one shown in the manual for the Belle D :P

ehh ahem, and you are out there preaching that alcohol + rocketry are a safe combination :sticktongue:. Sorry my bad!

And what about the lunar orbiter probe core? I want to fix that rocket mistake but I need motivation hehe

Gemini 6 & 7 rendezvous

oxWqUoE.pngN461VsQ.png

Apollo-Saturn I suborbital test flight

XBoFAKu.png

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume its because I'm using an older version and I'm too lazy to update, but the Apollo parachutes seem to be transparent.

GOnWW5q.jpg