[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

No Lunar Oribter parts (unless he added them when I wasn't looking), so I had to make a pseudo-Lunart Orbiter 1.

8H4PxFx.jpg

fogGNji.png

I used it as a test of my new Molniya orbit communications satellites. There are two identical satellites (designated RangerComm 2 and 3) that have orbits timed so that at least one is always at the apogee of its orbit. Fortunately, the orbit is so high that one spacecraft can descend from apogee, round the South Pole, and ascend all the way back up to apogee in the time it takes for the other to travel through apogee. Therefore, most of the time both units are high enough that they can relay signals from the far side of the Moon. The orbits are so high, in fact, that  by the time a spacecraft moves out of the satellite's field of view, it's already able to communicate with Earth's ground stations. I haven't found out if this works for all of the far side, but even so, it drastically reduces the signal blackout period for a spacecraft orbiting the Moon.

1 hour ago, PickledTripod said:

Did you forget ModuleManager?

If not, try deleting PartDatabase.cfg and MM cache files.

I have MM installed. Do you mean I should delete the ModuleManager.ConfigCache file? I'll delete PartDatabase.cfg and see if it works.

Just now, Hay said:

I have MM installed. Do you mean I should delete the ModuleManager.ConfigCache file? I'll delete PartDatabase.cfg and see if it works.

Yep that's what I mean. Old cache files can cause weird issues sometimes.

Hey Wolf do you still want screenshots? I made a thing with the 3.125m tank...

c349cb3bb0.jpgc3631a6afb.jpg

16 hours ago, PickledTripod said:

Yep that's what I mean. Old cache files can cause weird issues sometimes.

Thank you for your help, I tried deleting both but it still won't work. I'll try to reinstall BDB and see if that'll fix it.

EDIT: Still doesn't work.

EDIT 2: I reinstalled KSP and now it works.

Edited by Hay

1 minute ago, Jall said:

That's a pretty thing. What's it do?

It makes Wolfy go "REEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Also launches 6 tons to orbit on a 3X rescaled system. Because the rocket is so light thanks to hydrogen fuel increasing payload weight dramatically reduces delta-v.

5 minutes ago, PickledTripod said:

It makes Wolfy go "REEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Also launches 6 tons to orbit on a 3X rescaled system. Because the rocket is so light thanks to hydrogen fuel increasing payload weight dramatically reduces delta-v.

Nice.

37 minutes ago, Shadow Wolf56 said:

Yes it's just that I like the Russian stuff too

Yeah, Russian stuff is awesome (I type this while using Soviet  tanks in War Thunder). Both are great mods, I was joking about BDB being 'superior', both mods just have different parts. Both are very high quality.

1 hour ago, legoclone09 said:

Yeah, Russian stuff is awesome (I type this while using Soviet  tanks in War Thunder). Both are great mods, I was joking about BDB being 'superior', both mods just have different parts. Both are very high quality.

Dang Russian bias at it again

Edited by Cdw2468

2 hours ago, Shadow Wolf56 said:

When I installed tantares and BDB only a fraction of the parts showed up for both mods.:0.0:what is happening?

Did you install them correctly?

Some more screenshots:

LM on Minmus, I launched it with the Saturn INT-20: 
RSMq7Fw.png
sm3ETfh.png
UDY1ztN.png
The rover was launched separately on a Saturn C-2

9 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

So I installed Real Fuels, and it seems that all the engines immediately work with it, but the fuel tanks are another matter. Anyone know how to beat them into submission?

Use a baseball bat? I think you would have to edit the fuel tank cfg's yourself. The OP doesn't mention Real Fuel compatibility.

Edited by Hay

I think something is overriding compatibility. The Redstone rocket, for example, had the engine automatically set for Alcohol/LOX, which I believe was done by a config someone made a while back, (however the big Sarnus engines were set to Kerolox, and were not in that set of configs.) When I went to the fuel tank, to set the fuel up, there was no "Show GUI" button. There was, however, a slider thingy with different fuel types (LF/O, LH2/O, MP, etc...) I wonder if it has to do with B9PartSwitch, or Interstellar Fuel Switch, or even Cryo Tanks. I'm going to do a little investigating.