[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, bundook said:

I have looked for info on this and searched this thread but cannot find anything. Apologies if this is a noob question, but Is there something I am missing about how to use the BDB Kane parachutes? They are deploying in the VAB. I just drag one off the menu on the left hand side and "plop", it's deployed. KSP 1.2.2. I have RealChutes installed, Uninstalling RealChutes makes no difference (I may not have uninstalled it correctly - I am new to KSP. I just deleted the folder inside GameData).

Apart from this niggle,  I totally love this mod!

i have realchutes and i dont have that problem, i would try the uninstall reinstall method.

Edited by tasty echos
forgot to delete a word when i was thinking of what to say.

1 hour ago, bundook said:

I have looked for info on this and searched this thread but cannot find anything. Apologies if this is a noob question, but Is there something I am missing about how to use the BDB Kane parachutes? They are deploying in the VAB. I just drag one off the menu on the left hand side and "plop", it's deployed. KSP 1.2.2. I have RealChutes installed, Uninstalling RealChutes makes no difference (I may not have uninstalled it correctly - I am new to KSP. I just deleted the folder inside GameData).

Apart from this niggle,  I totally love this mod!

It appears you have either installed BDB incorrectly, or have a mod conflict. Delete ALL BDB files from your gamedata, and download the latest dev version from the Github (the Development button on the OP). If the problem persists, please give us your modlist so we can see if anything is out of date or incompatible.

I checked in some configs for USI-LS to github. I don't use it so you guys will have to let me know if this is ok.

Spoiler

I took a shot at this (I don't use it).
Added Mulch and Fertilizer to supply containers.
15 days supplies in the Block II SM. The fuel cell is capable of keeping up with EC needs.
Apollo mission module and MOL hab made hab spaces like the Hitchhiker.
Recycler added to MOL lab.
Other than the Apollo SM no supplies added to crewed parts since USI doesn't do that. If someone who uses this feels that should be done differently speak up.

On 2/9/2017 at 1:50 PM, pap1723 said:

That is what I thought I remember you saying!

That is great news because that means I can use my QuarterRSS without any modifications to launch these beauties!

I know this comment was buried and I'm quite late, but is Quarter RSS released? If not, would it be as easy as a Sigma Dimensions config?

42 minutes ago, Rock3tman_ said:

I know this comment was buried and I'm quite late, but is Quarter RSS released? If not, would it be as easy as a Sigma Dimensions config?

No it is not yet, and no I did not use Sigma Dimensions. I am currently using it as a playthrough to iron our any of the bugs I am coming across. It should be released shortly.

Just now, pap1723 said:

No it is not yet, and no I did not use Sigma Dimensions. I am currently using it as a playthrough to iron our any of the bugs I am coming across. It should be released shortly.

Thanks for the response. I love 1/2 scale RSS but I really want to do a playthrough with Bluedog parts at a more reasonable scale.

1 minute ago, Rock3tman_ said:

Thanks for the response. I love 1/2 scale RSS but I really want to do a playthrough with Bluedog parts at a more reasonable scale.

That was EXACTLY my thinking when I made it. I was tired of having to Frankenstein parts and packs together.

4 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

No.

But in all seriousness, if you aren't going to make all of the port magnetisms weak, why make this one weak?

Because that's how @cxg2827 had it. I think they could have their strength tweaked, I'll text @jso about it.

Well, good news an bad news. Good news, my NASA application is submitted, meaning I can work on BDB again guilt free! Since my plans fell through somewhat, I am free to stream tonight! Bad news, they fell through because I'm coming down with a nasty cold. I'll see how I feel as the night goes on, but if I pull it together, expect a development stream tonight starting sometime between 6 and 7 Eastern (a little over an hour from this post), on Twitch. :)

Edited by CobaltWolf

54 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well, good news an bad news. Good news, my NASA application is submitted, meaning I can work on BDB again guilt free! Since my plans fell through somewhat, I am free to stream tonight! Bad news, they fell through because I'm coming down with a nasty cold. I'll see how I feel as the night goes on, but if I pull it together, expect a development stream tonight starting sometime between 6 and 7 Eastern (a little over an hour from this post), on Twitch. :)

1jv21i.jpg

7 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@CobaltWolf @cxg2827: WHY are the APAS docking ports IMPOSSIBLE to dock? There's no magnetic force, I gotta line them up just right, and the retract rate is slow as hell. I tried docking them and it took me 7 attempts.

Try 'em now. I updated them with the values cxg2827 is currently using.

15 minutes ago, ILikeIke said:

@CobaltWolf

I really am enjoying your mod. I recently discovered minepagan's KerbalX spacecraft builds, and would really like to use those ETS spacecraft in the game (particularly the AARDV). Where do I find the parts for those?

They're not released yet - soon hopefully. You can download the latest parts from the Github repository (the green Clone or Download button), but be warned it's beta, and will break saves. You should really put what version you need to build those craft files @minepagan.

On 16/02/2017 at 10:30 PM, minepagan said:

It appears you have either installed BDB incorrectly, or have a mod conflict. Delete ALL BDB files from your gamedata, and download the latest dev version from the Github (the Development button on the OP). If the problem persists, please give us your modlist so we can see if anything is out of date or incompatible.

I ended up reinstalling the entire game from scratch. Everything is fine now.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

2 hours ago, Cdw2468 said:

Do we get any post stream hype pictures?

I actually didn't get a massive amount done. I got the arms for the skylab solar arrays UV'd and partially textured, I cleaned up some other stuff, I real quickly modeled the Apollo Blk1 nosecone.

Just now, TheRedTom said:

Hey @CobaltWolf, love the Mod, been noticing this error message on boot, any idea what is going on?

http://imgur.com/gSuESLn

Keep up the good work, especially you @MrMeeb, I need my launch tower :D

I'm not sure, if you're not using a 64x (that's 6.4 times) system rescale you can just delete that folder.