[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

The engines exist not as their own parts but as ModuleManager patches. I'm guessing you haven't actually loaded the parts in game and just looked in the parts folder. If you look in the .cfg for the F1, at the very end is the MM patch that creates the F-1A.

@Drakenex, There is a problem with the SaturnMB patch. It makes all the parts... Except the titular Multibody Tank, the Blok IV CSM, and the Blok IV capsule. I'm combing the config to see what could go wrong, but there seems to be no difference between the entries that go wrong and the entries that go right. There is another thing - the Sarnus S1 Tank is longer than the S1E when I don't remember it doing so before, and none of the parts that make up the Sarnus 1 have any textures. Perhaps this is connected, or perhaps it is due to the fact that the DDS file for the S1F is 1 Byte. Yes, you heard me right. 1 byte.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

16 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

@Drakenex, There is a problem with the SaturnMB patch. It makes all the parts... Except the titular Multibody Tank, the Blok IV CSM, and the Blok IV capsule. I'm combing the config to see what could go wrong, but there seems to be no difference between the entries that go wrong and the entries that go right. There is another thing - the Sarnus S1 Tank is longer than the S1E when I don't remember it doing so before, and none of the parts that make up the Sarnus 1 have any textures. Perhaps this is connected, or perhaps it is due to the fact that the DDS file for the S1F is 1 Byte. Yes, you heard me right. 1 byte.

Well for starters there is no Block IV capsule....

Also, it looks like something went wrong.

1 minute ago, minepagan said:

Yep, this report is very accurate to how my game is working as well. In addition, the Skylab MDA when selected in the VAB starts throwing up nullrefs and won't stop. It prevents me from clicking on any other part.

6 minutes ago, minepagan said:

There seems to be a part of the patch that codes for a Block IV... My bad, only codes for the Mission Module, not the CSM and capsule as I thought. Misread the config. But I think the S1F DDS file got mis-uploaded to github, such that it is only 1 byte long.

EDIT: The problem was the S1F DDS file being only 1 byte long. replacing the file with one from the drop-box paints the Saturn 1 parts white and creates the Blok IV MM.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

32 minutes ago, Rock3tman_ said:

Yep, this report is very accurate to how my game is working as well. In addition, the Skylab MDA when selected in the VAB starts throwing up nullrefs and won't stop. It prevents me from clicking on any other part.

Skylab is still early WIP. I see the same thing. Patience.

1 hour ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Crap, I'll re upload the texture. But it is only used by that tank, it can't break any other part!

46 minutes ago, Rock3tman_ said:

The code for the fairing is broken, deleting it solves the issue, but then there's no fairing, so we'll have to wait for a fix.

43 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

There seems to be a part of the patch that codes for a Block IV... My bad, only codes for the Mission Module, not the CSM and capsule as I thought. Misread the config. But I think the S1F DDS file got mis-uploaded to github, such that it is only 1 byte long.

EDIT: The problem was the S1F DDS file being only 1 byte long. replacing the file with one from the drop-box paints the Saturn 1 parts white and creates the Blok IV MM.

It's very strange! That texture doesn't have anything to do with the Block IV MM, is only called by the S1F part, my best guess is that you didn't delete any old files like I've told you in my instructions, I know they also had booze recipies but they were to be followed.

2 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Crap, I'll re upload the texture. But it is only used by that tank, it can't break any other part!

The code for the fairing is broken, deleting it solves the issue, but then there's no fairing, so we'll have to wait for a fix.

It's very strange! That texture doesn't have anything to do with the Block IV MM, is only called by the S1F part, my best guess is that you didn't delete any old files like I've told you in my instructions, I know they also had booze recipies but they were to be followed.

What was that about booze?

5 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

What was that about booze?

ay ay ay your avatar serves you well hehe, just perform a clean install and let me know if it fixes everything (is working fine from my side)

Edit, I'll add "Multibody" to all parts in the patch (except the MM) so it's easier to choose the "new" parts

Edited by Drakenex

37 minutes ago, Rock3tman_ said:

@Drakenex I was puzzled by the effects too. I used one of your patches from before you made the pull request and it worked perfectly. Very odd.

Let me make a new install and use the patch from GH.

Edit:

Somehow because the file names for the re-textured tank texture file and the Saturn 1 are the same save for the F, and that one is corrupted, the game panics and can't load the DDS for the S1's. Very weird! I've uploaded the correct one, while it's merged you can use the one from dropbox 

Maybe I'll change the file name to bluedog_saturnMB.dds to avoid that conflict.

The SIVC loads correctly as the Titan SRB.

Please let me know if you find anything else wrong.

Edited by Drakenex

1 hour ago, Drakenex said:

Let me make a new install and use the patch from GH.

Edit:

Somehow because the file names for the re-textured tank texture file and the Saturn 1 are the same save for the F, and that one is corrupted, the game panics and can't load the DDS for the S1's. Very weird! I've uploaded the correct one, while it's merged you can use the one from dropbox 

Maybe I'll change the file name to bluedog_saturnMB.dds to avoid that conflict.

The SIVC loads correctly as the Titan SRB.

Please let me know if you find anything else wrong.

I was right that it infected the S1s!

Image result for smug trump

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

12 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

Just curious what the update might break if i update to it?     Im in a current career mode game and still relatively early tech aka just got my comm sats up and got a probe around the mun

It will break everything.

[Edit]

More specifically, the mod is in a precarious state of flux as numerous systems are being updated, rewritten, tweeked, or dropped completely.

A career save should not be subjected to updates like this.

Edited by Daelkyr

12 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

Just curious what the update might break if i update to it?     Im in a current career mode game and still relatively early tech aka just got my comm sats up and got a probe around the mun

It has potential to break your tech tree unlocks, for example if things you already unlocked move to another, later node, you might have to unlock it twice or something. I don't remember exactly how it breaks, so I think the best bet would just be to back up your save (and the old version of the mod!), update, and see what happens.