[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Hi y'all!

Love the mod wolf, I made a couple decals for NEBULA that fits in perfectly with ur Apollo stuff!

Includes:

• 4 United States/Flag decals
  • LEM Docking Target
  • Apollo 11 Lunar plaque (only works when extended)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ltj3u0hpjnnlnf/HMApolloDecals.zip?dl=0

NEBULA's decals required: 

8 hours ago, xxhansonmaxx said:

Hi y'all!

Love the mod wolf, I made a couple decals for NEBULA that fits in perfectly with ur Apollo stuff!

Includes:

• LEM Docking Target

Care to make Kerbal States?

12 hours ago, xxhansonmaxx said:

Hi y'all!

Includes:

• LEM Docking Target

That's awesome! Would I be able to put them up on the repo in the BD_Extras folder (with attribution)? I try and keep backups of player tweaks/improvements for the mod so that they're all in one place and never get lost.

20 hours ago, Jall said:

Honestly, I'd say make the back a bit more subtle. Also could you think about maybe making the descent stage look more like the foil it was? It just seems too flat.

15 hours ago, rasta013 said:

On that last pic I understand where you're trying to go with it and the back panels are good for now even though they were historically a lot more f'd up by the time they land.  The one thing for me is the foil.  It seems kind of flat and dull looking from this angle.  I don't know if that's a simple product of the lighting angle that it's sitting at though.  One other thing, the shadows in the folds of the foil look a bit too dark...again that may be a product of lighting angle but those are the things that jump at out me.

EDIT: Flat isn't the right word...dull sheen and less "pop" than it does in other lighting situations hence the reason I'm not entirely sure it isn't just a product of the screenie...

14 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I will second the too dull in the photos for the foil in the last picture.   The foil looks like construction paper rendition of foil.  IE rough, dull and lacking any depth.    But Unity shaders being what they are it is a tough row to hoe to make foil look good, without a "heavy hitter" plug-in similar to what @Nertea was alluding to the other day.     Beyond the lack of luster and polish to the foil sections, I would say over all picture quality is go for launch.

Yeah yeah yeah... I had the specular turned down because the ascent stage was shiny for some reason and there's a big long explanation but I fixed it and now the texture is properly controlling the specular highlights and I can turn it all the way up and it's great. Now if only we had PBR so I can accurately replicate the properties of kapton foil...

I've also added some more of the black covering to the descent stage's rear two panels. I'm wondering if I should add some sort of texture to them. Additionally, I realized that I had the coloring on the legs backwards, and made the large central segment (the one the ladder is attached to on one of the legs) gold and the short section below it the dark metal. I need to re-UV them for the foil to look decent but I have some space left on the sheet.

mwGgcc1.png
eaObh7H.png

FdVvrq6.png

55 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

mwGgcc1.png

Is that Cyrillic I spy??.... Naw!!!... CANT be!... not on a NASA LEM from the Saturn era... :o

Have you been hanging around Beale too much??

Foil is getting there... Looks MUCH better :)

Edited by Stone Blue

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I've also added some more of the black covering to the descent stage's rear two panels. I'm wondering if I should add some sort of texture to them. Additionally, I realized that I had the coloring on the legs backwards, and made the large central segment (the one the ladder is attached to on one of the legs) gold and the short section below it the dark metal. I need to re-UV them for the foil to look decent but I have some space left on the sheet.

Go for launch from my end!

5 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Is that Cyrillic I spy??.... Naw!!!... CANT be!... not on a NASA LEM from the Saturn era... :o

Nyet Tavorich!

That is ryit propa Kerbin speluin you see :) (damn, got to stop playing Orks in DAW-3!)

Edited by Pappystein

18 hours ago, xxhansonmaxx said:

@CobaltWolf yea sure go ahead

I feel like there are too many tiles at the back of the LEM

Thanks! (And yeah I'll see what I can do, but its low on my priorities atm. There were a lot of little bits on the LEM that were actually left completely untextured that I'm finding as I go through...)

18 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Have you been hanging around Beale too much??

Foil is getting there... Looks MUCH better :)

12 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Nyet Tavorich!

That is ryit propa Kerbin speluin you see :) (damn, got to stop playing Orks in DAW-3!)

Idk what you're on about @Stone Blue, but there was ALWAYS Cyrillic on the Saturn V and the LEM. I meant to fully transition all the writing over to it but forgot to.

14 hours ago, minepagan said:

Noice.

Question:

I downloaded the Bluedog Design Bureau Sarnus IB launcher craft from the mod page. 

When I load it in, all parts for the launcher are from FASA.

Why is this? 

EDIT: IGNORE, I WAS AN IDIOT, FORGOT THAT I HAD TWO SATURN IB LAUNCHER SUBASSEMBLIES AND LOADED IN THE WRONG ONE

Edited by Pxtseryu

14 minutes ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Question:

I downloaded the Bluedog Design Bureau Sarnus IB launcher craft from the mod page. 

When I load it in, all parts for the launcher are from FASA.

Why is this? 

EDIT: IGNORE, I WAS AN IDIOT, FORGOT THAT I HAD TWO SATURN IB LAUNCHER SUBASSEMBLIES AND LOADED IN THE WRONG ONE

WE DO NOT FORGET

Edited by CobaltWolf

On 4/30/2017 at 0:48 AM, xxhansonmaxx said:

Hi y'all!

Includes:

• LEM Docking Target

•  

For anyone who wanted Kerbalized versions of everything Hanson Ma made, here you go.

This pack includes modified versions of Hanson Ma's decals as well as Pak's US flag texture from his Cormorant Aeronology Mod. All files were used with permission.

I'm also including the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license out of respect for Pak's work. 

No fancy, in-game screenshots yet, but here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h954kd6851vrosg/Kerbalized Decals.rar?dl=0

Edited by Doc Shaftoe
Modified license.

Here's a cool moon Gemini I made

EDIT:  Imgur is stupid and for some reason I can't put up the album as a spoiler :huh:, for better viewing experience just go straight to imgur

Edited by NeoFatalis

35 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

EDIT:  Imgur is stupid and for some reason I can't put up the album as a spoiler :huh:, for better viewing experience just go straight to imgur

Neat! That's some intense bokeh on the camera haha

7 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

What parts did you use to make the Gemini lander portion?   Also, what was the plan to return or was it just a Rescue mission no matter what?

12 hours ago, Pappystein said:

What parts did you use to make the Gemini lander portion?   Also, what was the plan to return or was it just a Rescue mission no matter what?

I used procedural parts with textures from here (they match BDB quite nicely), I had an ascent+return stage that had one lem engine but it blew up on landing

@CobaltWolf Better? (actually this reshade tool is very capable, it's a 100% ingame shot)

Spoiler

eDZ2H0N.png

Edited by NeoFatalis

50 minutes ago, ondert said:

I'm missing the Skylab parts. What could be the problem? Thanks

49 minutes ago, minepagan said:

You need to have the dev version, Skylab is not in any releases

... crap... I forgot to finish that before I started freaking out over the rest of the art assets...

lol @Foxxonius Augustus just for that imma work on probe stuff tonight :P

Edited by CobaltWolf