[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

17 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Oooooooooohhhhhhh!    1.875m?   AWESOME!    When can I haz?  :P    Kidding of course.  @CobaltWolf   Am continued to be amazed :)

So that brings up a question that sort of popped into my head today while I was driving (4.5hrs of drive-time today) is there any way to apply a SLIGHTly greater force at the top of a decoupler to tend to pop SRBs/SRM/LRBs away from the Connected Rocket?   IRL bomb shackles do this the front or rear as needed has a higher force of explosive (I kid you not explosives are used to drop bombs) to separate the bomb tail or nose first.

IE can a decoupler apply a torque from top to bottom in addition to sideways push force?

It'll be available soon. I've been convinced to take a long look at my life and clear out the backlog of half finished things / important little bits that have gone unfinished for a while. Expect Spunitk 3 (which is fully textures at the moment!) to be pushed out in the next couple days, Skylab's missing bits following after that, and so on.

I think you should be able to do that intuitively (as many KSP players have found, I see this being recommended often on reddit) to just put the decouplers near the top of the SRB, and/or use the provided sepratron nosecaps provided for the UA120X SRBs.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

I think you should be able to do that intuitively (as many KSP players have found, I see this being recommended often on reddit) to just put the decouplers near the top of the SRB, and/or use the provided sepratron nosecaps provided for the UA120X SRBs.

Rgr on the Soon(TM) and good news.  

And I was more asking for CASTOR-1/4, GEM40 etc...   Problem is KSP grabs at COM which in most of the BDB SRB/SRMs is quite low....  Results in Decouplers near the bottom 1/3rd of the rocket.   Unless there is something I am missing....  Which is also likely :)

I smell a screenshot tax approaching....

And, as an added bonus, the craft file is available on KerbalX! I haven't added it to the official repo, as I accidentally kept the USI LS parts on, but it will be added once I get rid of those.

Here ya go! https://kerbalx.com/minepagan/Cislunar-Gemini

Edited by minepagan

14 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Rgr on the Soon(TM) and good news.  

And I was more asking for CASTOR-1/4, GEM40 etc...   Problem is KSP grabs at COM which in most of the BDB SRB/SRMs is quite low....  Results in Decouplers near the bottom 1/3rd of the rocket.   Unless there is something I am missing....  Which is also likely :)

It's not COM, it's the node_attach in which is defined in the config. Just place the decoupler higher on the core stage than you normally would, place the SRB, and use the translation gizmo to move it down.  :)

14 minutes ago, 500Motels said:

I'm a bit of an Agena fanboy :)

Wow! Those look real nice! I just launched something myself, and it's up on Github! :) Also, @Jso still needs people to test the new BDB.dll for KSP 1.3 - I haven't had a chance to even download the new version yet! It's in the BD_Extras folder on Github.

6OZHjEu.png

2 minutes ago, hraban said:

Hi @CobaltWolf,

i think your tank for the Centaur upper stage is a bit too short or is it an older model?

Which Tank?  There are several.

Oh and WHICH Centaur are you trying to make.   Again their are several :)

Edited by Pappystein

Just now, hraban said:

Hi @CobaltWolf,

i think your tank for the Centaur upper stage is a bit too short or is it an older model?

Are you comparing it to the one for Atlas V? In which case, yeah the main Centaur parts in BDB are significantly shorter, since the Centaur V is way longer than the Centaur D (which is what the primary Centaur tanks in BDB represent). There ARE tanks for the Centaur III and V which @PickledTripod made, but I need to do a texture pass on them to unify their appearance with the rest of the mod.

6 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

I haven't downloaded the LATEST 1.3.dll but the older one (from 2 days ago.) seems to work A-OK!   ...If that matters

Alright! Then I think the release will be fairly ready to go then as soon as I talk with @Jso and make sure the dependencies are all updated. I'll have to manually go in and clean out some of the unfinished stuff (the Skylab parts still aren't done) and convert the revamped textures to DDS format.

1 minute ago, hraban said:

there are only two if you search by centaur or inon. The larger one is, for use with Atlas, to short.

@CobaltWolf thanks!

Huh, we might have to take a look at the tags for those parts then. If you have a second could you post a screenshot of what parts you're seeing?

Just now, hraban said:

there are only two if you search by centaur or inon. The larger one is, for use with Atlas, to short.

Ok then you are not using the Master file on the Github but just the last official release then.    @CobaltWolf has already addressed that above.

In BDB in my game there are currently 12 (I think) Tanks for various centaurs.   T/G 2.5m, T/G 1.875m, T/G Adaptor tank, etc etc etc.

I'm trying to play KSP 1.3 with BDB v1.1.0 but I'm kinda stuck.

After reading the last two pages I gathered that BDB v1.1.0 should still work with KSP 1.3. I already downloaded DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric v0.17CommunityResourcePack v0.7.1.0 & B9PartSwitch v1.8.0 and installed those into my GameData directory (after deleting the previous versions), got the ModuleManager.2.8.0.dll (& the BDB.dll for 1.3 from GitHub) and yet, the game still crashes each time the loading screen hits Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_agenaNoseCone/bluedog_agenaNoseCone ... did I miss anything else...? Can anybody help me out with this?

27 minutes ago, Dark_Dragon26 said:

I'm trying to play KSP 1.3 with BDB v1.1.0 but I'm kinda stuck.

After reading the last two pages I gathered that BDB v1.1.0 should still work with KSP 1.3. I already downloaded DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric v0.17CommunityResourcePack v0.7.1.0 & B9PartSwitch v1.8.0 and installed those into my GameData directory (after deleting the previous versions), got the ModuleManager.2.8.0.dll (& the BDB.dll for 1.3 from GitHub) and yet, the game still crashes each time the loading screen hits Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_agenaNoseCone/bluedog_agenaNoseCone ... did I miss anything else...? Can anybody help me out with this?

Can you post your KSP.log?

11 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Can you post your KSP.log?

Those are the last 15 lines of the log. If you need more, tell me.

[LOG 00:33:39.013] Generating field configuration for type B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype
[LOG 00:33:39.023] [ModuleBdbBoiloff] Found 1 CRYOGENICRESOURCE nodes
[LOG 00:33:39.024] [ModuleBdbBoiloff] Adding LqdHydrogen, 8
[LOG 00:33:39.034] PartLoader: Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_agenaLongTank/bluedog_agenaLongTank' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 00:33:39.037] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'bluedog.agenaLongTank'
[LOG 00:33:39.071] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_agenaLongWhiteTank/bluedog_agenaLongWhiteTank'
[WRN 00:33:39.073] PartLoader Warning: Variable tank_cost not found in Part
[LOG 00:33:39.075] [ModuleBdbBoiloff] Found 1 CRYOGENICRESOURCE nodes
[LOG 00:33:39.076] [ModuleBdbBoiloff] Adding LqdHydrogen, 8
[LOG 00:33:39.080] PartLoader: Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_agenaLongWhiteTank/bluedog_agenaLongWhiteTank' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 00:33:39.083] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'bluedog.agenaLongWhiteTank'
[LOG 00:33:39.116] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_agenaMediumTank/bluedog_agenaMediumTank'
[WRN 00:33:39.119] PartLoader Warning: Variable tank_cost not found in Part
[LOG 00:33:39.120] [ModuleBdbBoiloff] Found 1 CRYOGENICRESOURCE nodes
[LOG 00:33:39.121] [ModuleBdbBoiloff] Adding LqdHydrogen, 8

11 minutes ago, Dark_Dragon26 said:

Those are the last 15 lines of the log. If you need more, tell me.

Hrmmm... yeah, can you upload the file to Dropbox or something, along with a screenshot of your gamedata folder?

8 minutes ago, Dark_Dragon26 said:

KSP.log

GameData

There you go

Oh dear, ok. So me and Jso talked, we think it might be that you still have a 1.2.2 plugin kicking around. Can you confirm whether or not that's the case? And thank you for providing those - a lot of people that ask for help don't. :)

In any case, I'm doing a dev stream tonight! Swing by, seems like there'll be a good crowd for the 'Rocket Nerd Talk Show while Cobalt paints in Photoshop'.

https://www.twitch.tv/cobaltwolfy

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Oh dear, ok. So me and Jso talked, we think it might be that you still have a 1.2.2 plugin kicking around. Can you confirm whether or not that's the case?

Hmm... I'd have thought that shouldn't be the case any longer but I could try to completely delete BDB, DMM, CRP & B9 and reinstall them. I hope that'll work.... I'd really hate to forgo your Saturn. I enjoyed yours most so far. With the FASA one I kinda always had problems with certain parts not connecting together or the LES flipping me over and pulling me straight into the ground when firing it from the ramp :P (not to mention the glitches when trying to dock to the LEM). While I'm already at the LES, I want to mention your Apollo LES is the most awesome LES I've used in KSP as of yet. Most stable flight profile I've seen on all other LES' so far, besides the details (like the different abort modes or the deploying canards. I didn't even know about those canards before I used BDB!).

And thank you for providing those - a lot of people that ask for help don't. :)

No problem, as long as it might help to figure things out.

In any case, I'm doing a dev stream tonight! Swing by, seems like there'll be a good crowd for the 'Rocket Nerd Talk Show while Cobalt paints in Photoshop'.

https://www.twitch.tv/cobaltwolfy

'Tonight' is good, it's almost 2 a.m. over at my place right now :wink:

Good thing I'm not going skydiving tomorrow today.... well, not really good considering I've not been able to for the last 1.5 months now but whatever. Hopefully I can get some KSP-time in once again.

Might be a few hours though before I can give you a response considering the plugin versions.

Either way, thanks for your feedback so far!

Whoa! Decent amount of stuff done tonight: New Titan radial decoupler, the mini radial decoupler, and the new (aka slightly different model...) J-2-SL were added! And the new Titan textures were uploaded!