[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 8/4/2017 at 7:15 PM, Pupper said:

Question.. I loaded in the mod and everything works beautifully. Except, When I go to load craft I seem to be missing block 4 of the command module. the name it gives me when I try to load a craft file with it (The pre-builds that were on the site) it says: "bluedog.Apollo.Block4.MissionModule" I tried reinstalling but didn't change anything.

Any chance someone has a solution?:D

On 8/4/2017 at 9:47 PM, IronCretin said:

You need the SaturnMB.cfg file in the extras folder. @minepagan, could you add a note to your craft files that use those parts that they need the extra config?

Honestly at this point I'd prefer that the official craft repository doesn't include any of the non-official parts. Just wait until I get around to making them.

On 8/5/2017 at 9:42 PM, Turk_WLF said:

I have a gameplay question…. How do you get the Crew to climb the ladder on the L.E.M.?, I have the crew on the surface of the Mun and I can’t get them to go up the ladder of the L.E.M. after they grab ahold the ladder.

Thanks!

On 8/6/2017 at 3:32 AM, Nibb31 said:

There seem to be a few problems with the LM:

• The aforementioned Descent Module ladder issue.
  • The attachment node on top of the descent module is too high. I have to manually move it down so the AM sits properly on the DM, but this makes separation on the lunar surface a bit wonky.
  • When a kerbal EVAs from the AM in lunar orbit, it goes spinning. I suspect an issue with the ladder placement and the collision box of the AM.
  • The AM has antennas, but it can't transmit.

Other than that, I'm loving it !

• Ladders are a tremendous pain, I've never seen a good guide on how to place them to ensure that they actually work...
  • I'm not sure what you mean.
  • Probably.
  • First I'm hearing of it, I don't actually know how antennas work ever since CommNet was added.
On 8/6/2017 at 2:07 PM, Papa_Joe said:

CLS by default, attempts to add hatches to a given part if it has a ModuleDockingPort contained in the part.

When it detects such a part, it will automatically add a ModuleDockingHatch Module to the part, during part load via a Module Manager config.  Hatch opening and closing is controlled via this module.  I'm not (yet) familiar with BDB parts, so I cannot say what the issue is, but maybe this info will shed some light...

There is an adapter part inserted between the CM and the docking port, could that be it?

Edited by CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Honestly at this point I'd prefer that the official craft repository doesn't include any of the non-official parts. Just wait until I get around to making them.

• Ladders are a tremendous pain, I've never seen a good guide on how to place them to ensure that they actually work...
  • Probably.
  • First I'm hearing of it, I don't actually know how antennas work ever since CommNet was added.

There is an adapter part inserted between the CM and the docking port, could that be it?

most likely, yes.   I do not know which part, but it will need to be passable as well for CLS to allow them to be one space, and for SM to perform internal transfers when realistic transfers are enabled. if you look at the assembly in the VAB, CLS will allow you to visualize the space.  CLS works in the editor, so you can then detect parts that are not passable.  if a part in the chain is not passable, the spaces will be separated in the editor.

Edited by Papa_Joe

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but when I assemble the LM this way (from bottom to top) DM engine, DM, AM engine, AM, I get a huge gap between the AM and the DM (and the AM cabin doesn't clear the SPS engine bell). I need to lower the AM engine so that it clips into the DM for it to look right, but this of course makes separation wonky.

On 8/4/2017 at 10:00 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Realized how bad my Unity materials have been after messing around with Maya's... was able to change some settings in the KSP materials (not on the back end, i just wasn't adjusting the sliders correctly this entire time) and was able to get much better looking metal...

*snip slip*

What settings did you end up using? That looks great

3 minutes ago, akron said:

What settings did you end up using? That looks great

From my explanation to @Nertea, since I was talking to him about this...

set the smoothness from 0.07 to 0.16, set specular color from ~70% grey to 100% white. Then for the alpha map, I stuck a layer of white on top of the base metal for the balloon tank section, and then duplicated all the smudge/grunge/streak layers to make them more obvious. Then I copied that to the alpha and hid all that new stuff I'd made to bring the diffuse back to normal

22 hours ago, Nibb31 said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but when I assemble the LM this way (from bottom to top) DM engine, DM, AM engine, AM, I get a huge gap between the AM and the DM (and the AM cabin doesn't clear the SPS engine bell). I need to lower the AM engine so that it clips into the DM for it to look right, but this of course makes separation wonky.

Ngl but pictures would probably help...

Speaking of pictures...

screenshot30.png?width=891&height=502 
screenshot32.png?width=891&height=502
screenshot43.png?width=891&height=502

Will post more when I bother to actually finish the mission...

BDB APAS ports are incompatible with CxA APAS. Here are the fixed DockingNode Modules:

-CXA_APAS_A_L04F:

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDockingNode
		referenceAttachNode = top
		nodeType = APAS_CXG
		gendered = true
		genderFemale = false
		acquireTorque = 0.5
		acquireForce = 0.5
		captureMinRollDot = 0.999
		snapRotation = true
		snapOffset = 120
	}

-CXA_APAS_P:

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDockingNode
		referenceAttachNode = top
		nodeType = APAS_CXG
		gendered = true
		genderFemale = true
		acquireTorque = 0.5
		acquireForce = 0.5
		captureMinRollDot = 0.999
		snapRotation = true
		snapOffset = 120
	}

:

Edited by notJebKerman

I've been looking forward to a blue streak (and therefore Europa) for such a long time, and it's such a nice looking one to boot :). Noticed one minor thing so far though, the shoulders and the flat sides are placed slightly too high leaving a gap at the bottom and some z-fighting at the top (pics in the spoiler)

Out of interest, do you have any plans to make any of the variants from ETS? I've seen the pics of the TA version, but how about HE? Or does the super secret project come first

Spoiler

FpFTayQ.pngI9bh5VY.png

1 hour ago, notJebKerman said:

BDB APAS ports are incompatible with CxA APAS. Here are the fixed DockingNode Modules:

-CXA_APAS_A_L04F:

-CXA_APAS_P:

What exactly did you change? Just so I understand what was causing the issue. IIRC ours are 0.9375m instead of 1.25m and thus don't actually fit each other.

39 minutes ago, Chimer4 said:

I've been looking forward to a blue streak (and therefore Europa) for such a long time, and it's such a nice looking one to boot :). Noticed one minor thing so far though, the shoulders and the flat sides are placed slightly too high leaving a gap at the bottom and some z-fighting at the top (pics in the spoiler)

Out of interest, do you have any plans to make any of the variants from ETS? I've seen the pics of the TA version, but how about HE? Or does the super secret project come first

Reveal hidden contents

FpFTayQ.pngI9bh5VY.png

Well, when we started we wanted to basically cover Blue Streak, Black Arrow, Europa, and every Europa 2 / 3 proposal we could possibly find. That turned out to be an unrealistic goal, right now we're just trying to get the basic stuff out that already existed in old Tantares. The refreshed Blue Streak, Black Arrow, Black Knight. If there's enough concentrated requests for it (instead of people asking for different stuff every other day...) then we'll definitely come back and add to it.

Thanks for catching that bug, I'll take a look at it.

56 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well, when we started we wanted to basically cover Blue Streak, Black Arrow, Europa, and every Europa 2 / 3 proposal we could possibly find. That turned out to be an unrealistic goal, right now we're just trying to get the basic stuff out that already existed in old Tantares. The refreshed Blue Streak, Black Arrow, Black Knight. If there's enough concentrated requests for it (instead of people asking for different stuff every other day...) then we'll definitely come back and add to it.

Thanks for catching that bug, I'll take a look at it.

That's cool, I appreciate that it would be adding more to what I imagine is already a burgeoning list of things :confused: My personal wish list would be the Coralie and Astris to complete the Europa stack, and then maaayyybeee things like Aurore and Griffin. From what I've read up on Europa, you already have the engine for Coralie pretty much done and sitting on the bottom of Diamant, bit of stretching and its good to go. Of course this is all wishful thinking and I shall have to wait for what may come in the future :D

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

[snipped]

PF is not supported. That is something on PF's end, likely the result of a general-purpose patch that just replaces stock fairing modules with a PF one, centered around that part's top node.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

What exactly did you change? Just so I understand what was causing the issue. IIRC ours are 0.9375m instead of 1.25m and thus don't actually fit each other.

I set snapOffset from 60 to 120 on both ports. With the active port, I set gendered to true. With the passive port, two pairs of slashes (/) were placed in front of gendered and genderFemale.