[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

10 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I get to dl the masters AGAIN.   :)   I can't wait to unlock these new parts/textures in my BARIS test build I am currently experimenting with.  I am about a million credits and 1000 science away from that point however :(

More stupid useless Tourist and satelite placement launches in my future!

Ach, I don't think I did anything for placement or anything like that with the new parts.

12 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Ach, I don't think I did anything for placement or anything like that with the new parts.

No, it is just with BARIS I have to turn in a crapton of Science to try to keep up with the funding drain!

I probably don't have it set up right (It is my first attempt with BARIS and I still don't have a lot of time to play...)

10 hours ago, SomeGuyNamedDave said:

might be further up in the thread, but is there anyway to make the names normal? had a version in 1.2 that had names like apollo but in 1.3 there names like kane. anyway to stop that happening?

Grab the RealNames.cfg from the extras folder.

Hi @CobaltWolf, been a long-time user of this mod (mainly for the ETS parts/Saturn Multibody).

I recently updated to the newest version of BDB, and I'm getting a weird texture bug on a lot of the parts. I attached a screenshot that sorta shows what's going on. Some of the parts appear to be partially highlighted in-flight, almost like a specular map bug. When I'm in the hangar, that issue persists, until I mouse over the parts in question, and they go back to normal.

Have you seen this before?

Edit: I have been able to replicate this bug on a stock install, with just BDB and required mods installed.

V3Sa1lW.jpg

Also @Drakenex I've seen you mention a Github repository a couple of times on here, is that just the BDB Git, or is there another one with more dank textures?

Edited by planeguy868

2 hours ago, planeguy868 said:

Also @Drakenex I've seen you mention a Github repository a couple of times on here, is that just the BDB Git, or is there another one with more dank textures?

My bad! never created a merge request

While I remember how to do that, get it here

I still think that the Saturn MB looks better with Atlas V like insulation (looks like polished cooper) than orange foam, so that's the look I've tried to achieve, any feed back will be appreciated.

Edited by Drakenex

2 hours ago, Drakenex said:

I still think that the Saturn MB looks better with Atlas V like insulation (looks like polished cooper) than orange foam, so that's the look I've tried to achieve, any feed back will be appreciated.

In-universe that makes a lot more sense, too. The Saturn Multibody is kerolox, like the Atlas, as opposed to hydrolox like the Shuttle ET. I'll give it a spin!

On 11/25/2017 at 11:46 AM, planeguy868 said:

Hi @CobaltWolf, been a long-time user of this mod (mainly for the ETS parts/Saturn Multibody).

I recently updated to the newest version of BDB, and I'm getting a weird texture bug on a lot of the parts. I attached a screenshot that sorta shows what's going on. Some of the parts appear to be partially highlighted in-flight, almost like a specular map bug. When I'm in the hangar, that issue persists, until I mouse over the parts in question, and they go back to normal.

Edit: I have been able to replicate this bug on a stock install, with just BDB and required mods installed.

This has been happening since I first installed BDB back in 1.1.3. It doesn't really bother me that much, but it's really visible without ambient light...

CODw6j5.png

Another move, another apartment! However, hopefully this one will be my home for more than a year... I am still unpacking, but taking a quick break right now to respond to some posts...

On 11/25/2017 at 8:40 AM, Drakenex said:

On 11/25/2017 at 10:56 AM, planeguy868 said:

In-universe that makes a lot more sense, too. The Saturn Multibody is kerolox, like the Atlas, as opposed to hydrolox like the Shuttle ET. I'll give it a spin!

Makes sense, but to my knowledge the Multibody's orange IS foam. But considering how small the extra texture to create the Multibody was... this gives me an idea...

On 11/25/2017 at 9:03 AM, donalddahlen said:

Cool Mod. When its finish?

Uhm, not sure what you mean? The 1.0 release was over a year ago. These days it's just occasional updates that add new or revamped parts, general polish, etc.

On 11/25/2017 at 5:46 AM, planeguy868 said:

4 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

This has been happening since I first installed BDB back in 1.1.3. It doesn't really bother me that much, but it's really visible without ambient light...

Alright, so that's not a 'bug' per say. It's a setting in the material, for rim lighting, which is Unity/KSP's name for an approximation of fresnel reflections - incidentally, many games (Fallout 4 especially comes to mind) add intense rim lighting to character models which is why they look so strange in the dark. I originally made it too intense on the Saturn parts, but thought I had fixed it. Additionally, some parts might not have it set in their material yet.

However, @notJebKerman that image in your screenshot contains a broken normal map for the service module. When did you last download BDB? I know I have accidentally uploaded them to the GitHub several times (long story, basically I need to convert them externally before exporting the parts in game and sometimes I forget) but I thought right now the files would be fine.

If it helps at all, this is the level of rim lighting that things should have when I'm not messing up (see the bottom right of the module):

6ed32EO.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

14 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Alright, so that's not a 'bug' per say. It's a setting in the material, for rim lighting, which is Unity/KSP's name for an approximation of fresnel reflections - incidentally, many games (Fallout 4 especially comes to mind) add intense rim lighting to character models which is why they look so strange in the dark. I originally made it too intense on the Saturn parts, but thought I had fixed it. Additionally, some parts might not have it set in their material yet.

However, @notJebKerman that image in your screenshot contains a broken normal map for the service module. When did you last download BDB? I know I have accidentally uploaded them to the GitHub several times (long story, basically I need to convert them externally before exporting the parts in game and sometimes I forget) but I thought right now the files would be fine.

If it helps at all, this is the level of rim lighting that things should have when I'm not messing up (see the bottom right of the module):

Thanks for clearing that up! I haven't noticed it on all of the parts, so far I've seen it on the S-IVB tank, engine mount, and 3.75m Saturn 1C/Multibody interstage fairing that I use most often, but it's definitely not on everything. Maybe the older model files for the Saturn parts are being used?

Edited by planeguy868

7 minutes ago, planeguy868 said:

Thanks for clearing that up! I haven't noticed it on all of the parts, so far I've seen it on the S-IVB tank, engine mount, and 3.75m Saturn 1C/Multibody interstage fairing that I use most often, but it's definitely not on everything. Maybe the older model files for the Saturn parts are being used?

Hrmm, it could be that I haven't re-exported certain parts since then. Rest assured that the S-IVB got some touchups and will have new models in the upcoming release.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Another move, another apartment! However, hopefully this one will be my home for more than a year... I am still unpacking, but taking a quick break right now to respond to some posts...

Makes sense, but to my knowledge the Multibody's orange IS foam. But considering how small the extra texture to create the Multibody was... this gives me an idea...

Good luck with that! I've moved like 6 times while in college :(

yes, please do both!

2 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Good luck with that! I've moved like 6 times while in college :(

yes, please do both!

I only stayed 4 places, but then when I graduated this past June I moved home for 4 months, then to a temporary living situation at a place my company provided, and now into a studio by myself.

When using the rescale.cfg it appears that the Skylab parts are not rescaled equally... I think I've amended the config on my rig; shall I fork it on GH? Another point is that the H-1C/D engines do not have enough thrust to take off. Yet again, I think I've added a relevant fix. See previous question.

3 hours ago, Abpilot said:

There is a problem with the honakuli orbital workshop (i think that’s how its said) the telescope is meant to be on a pivot so it may rotate to its position but i carnt do that

You're supposed to manually dock the ATM with the MDA. If you want a pivoting ATM download @raidernick's Skylab.

will try to respond to other posts later, but right now I just want to say that, now that I am able to stream again, I'd like to try and have a short (2-3 hour) dev stream tonight starting around 7 PM Eastern. :) on mobile so i can't grab the link but the Twitch ID is CobaltWolfy. 

Edited by CobaltWolf