[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Congratulations on your astonishing mod @CobaltWolf Keep up the good work man!

I have a question: is there a way to move some BDB parts inside the tech tree? I'm currently using Unmanned Before Manned and Unmanned Before Manned Challenge and I would like to modify my tech tree in order to match my idea of a perfect Space Agency Campaign? (I'm using community tech tree)

5 hours ago, strozyk85 said:

Congratulations on your astonishing mod @CobaltWolf Keep up the good work man!

I have a question: is there a way to move some BDB parts inside the tech tree? I'm currently using Unmanned Before Manned and Unmanned Before Manned Challenge and I would like to modify my tech tree in order to match my idea of a perfect Space Agency Campaign? (I'm using community tech tree)

Hmmm, sounds like a Module Manager question. Afraid I don't know more than that. :/

Some work from this morning; one thing I'd like to get out of the next update if finish the long standing revamps that started over a year ago. The expanded Gemini and MOL parts are some of the more egregious examples remaining in the mod. Some people have told me they'd like another MOL Lab that properly fits into a 1.875m profile, anyone else like that idea?

2rJjgQr.png

EeLhXaa.png

EGYypJW.png

40 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Some work from this morning; one thing I'd like to get out of the next update if finish the long standing revamps that started over a year ago. The expanded Gemini and MOL parts are some of the more egregious examples remaining in the mod. Some people have told me they'd like another MOL Lab that properly fits into a 1.875m profile, anyone else like that idea?

It is a good idea but I think that revamp of the current parts should be a priority. 

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hmmm, sounds like a Module Manager question. Afraid I don't know more than that. :/

Yes a resize of the parts you are refreshing to a "true" 1.875m would be appreciated. 

Edited by Pappystein

On 2/4/2018 at 4:20 PM, notJebKerman said:

It is a good idea but I think that revamp of the current parts should be a priority.

On 2/4/2018 at 4:33 PM, RaiderMan said:

1.875cm version? good idea, but it'd be best to finish off any outstanding parts in the MOL partset first..

On 2/4/2018 at 7:27 PM, Pappystein said:

Yes a resize of the parts you are refreshing to a "true" 1.875m would be appreciated.

On 2/5/2018 at 12:30 AM, awsumindyman said:

@CobaltWolfflush MOL parts are a definite go, but after you finish the other stuff (basically, what everyone else is saying) 

It's nice to have consensus for once! :) Alrighty then, I'll keep going with these revamps. One thing I would like to do sooner rather than later is put the Gemini stuff (MOL, Gemini Lander, and Big G) 'to bed' so that I can move forward without feeling that I've 'forgotten it'.

On 10/3/2016 at 11:16 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Yes. It's a product of trying to get the convex colliders to not clip the engines. Since the colliders are low poly, they are moved out so they don't clip. (Think of a perfect circle, then a hexagon circumscribed around it).

@Abrecan nice attempt! Sorry for all the extra mesh crap on the lander. When did you last update BDB? I don't think the Apollo has had those style RCS ports on the capsule since before the beta lock.

So the ullage motors not contacting the interstage is a thing... and I should just move past this minor visual bug-a-boo and get to the Mun. 

20 minutes ago, LawnDartLeo said:

So the ullage motors not contacting the interstage is a thing... and I should just move past this minor visual bug-a-boo and get to the Mun. 

Hmm, yes. I forgot that's still an issue. Y'know what, I'll log an issue on Github. See if I can't reduce the issue a bit. :)

3 hours ago, LawnDartLeo said:

Just use the Translate Editor Gizmo to slide them over so that they're flush with the interstage.

20 minutes ago, LawnDartLeo said:

Konfused... I'll have to Google that. If I have any questions, I'll post back.

I'll try and clarify. It is entirely a visual issue - the rocket will work fine. :) I will take a look at it now with fresh eyes and try to fix it.

In other news, DEV STREAM STARTING NOW on Twitch. Going to be working on MOL updates, maybe canoodle with some of the one-off parts that I forgot in the last update. :)

10 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

lol what's with the A/V cable connector?

8 hours ago, Rock3tman_ said:

Obviously so they can play N64. Those long station stays get stressful

8 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

the second he puts in usb and or hdmi..I'm going to...ahem...requisition use of...the component for a station craft of my own XD.

6 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Nonsense. Those are clearly power supply ports... Although why the Kerbals continue to use Yellow to indicate ground is beyond me. :sticktongue:

The honest answer? @IronCretin put them on his Vostok Continued and I liked it a lot and it went into my toolbox as a shorthand greeble.

@CobaltWolf ... the konfusion is with what @awsumindyman posted... translate editor gizmo.  I am not sure what that is or if it is  part of the VAB or editor extended. It's not a function I am familiar with. Clarification appreciated if any can be offered.  Always like to learn so I have to do less brute forcing.

Edited by LawnDartLeo

6 minutes ago, LawnDartLeo said:

@CobaltWolf ... the konfusion is with what @awsumindyman posted... translate editor gizmo.  I am not sure what that is or if it is  part of the VAB or editor extended. It's not a function I am familiar with. Clarification appreciated if any can be offered.  Always like to learn so I have to do less brute forcing.

The feature in the VAB where you can move something after placing it? It's the second of the 4 buttons at the top left of the viewer in the VAB. You can pull it up by pressing '2' on your keyboard.