[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Just sayin', meme credit @CobaltWolf

You realize that makes BDB the worst one right? :P

Sorry that the stream lasted about ten minutes yesterday everyone. Power cut out and still hasn't come back. I'm able to do some work (and charge my ohone) from my laptop but it won't be anything that ive worked on yet (since I dont have my KSP files here)

Oh god mobile posting is awful so sorry for the strange tag position mike. I can't type after the tag only before. Thats a lot of feedback, which I actually appreciate - not a lot of users give it. The only reason the Launcher plumes look alright is the work that user Araym did for me. I can look into using the FASA effects for the other parts, I don't do anything with the stock plumes because most users I've spoken to use Real Plume (and I never learned the stock FX system...). The CSM RCS is a stock bug I believe, youre not the first to mention it :)

The deployment animations were deliberate, trying to feel a little more dodgy/kerbal. I am curious about the other comments like the SLA, LM piloting... I wonder if our forces are just too strong. We'll have to agree to disagree about the FASA LM's quality, though of course we cannot pretend that this one even begins to approach the same level of realism.

@MikeO89

2 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Just sayin', meme credit @CobaltWolf

You realize that makes BDB the worst one right? :P

Sorry that the stream lasted about ten minutes yesterday everyone. Power cut out and still hasn't come back. I'm able to do some work (and charge my ohone) from my laptop but it won't be anything that ive worked on yet (since I dont have my KSP files here)

Oh god mobile posting is awful so sorry for the strange tag position mike. I can't type after the tag only before. Thats a lot of feedback, which I actually appreciate - not a lot of users give it. The only reason the Launcher plumes look alright is the work that user Araym did for me. I can look into using the FASA effects for the other parts, I don't do anything with the stock plumes because most users I've spoken to use Real Plume (and I never learned the stock FX system...). The CSM RCS is a stock bug I believe, youre not the first to mention it :)

The deployment animations were deliberate, trying to feel a little more dodgy/kerbal. I am curious about the other comments like the SLA, LM piloting... I wonder if our forces are just too strong. We'll have to agree to disagree about the FASA LM's quality, though of course we cannot pretend that this one even begins to approach the same level of realism.

@MikeO89

1 hour ago, Kerbal01 said:

Made myself a nice little station with 2 Saturn 1E launches. Prolly gonna leave the mission module attached to the station.Suggestions for an airlock I could add? https://imgur.com/a/RL1xc

1. Add a multi hub between the Kane CSM and the Mis. Module

2. Put the MOS airlock on the hub

3. ???

4. Profit EVA with ease

2 hours ago, Yuri kagarin56 said:

Anyone have the issue of launchclamps deploying as soon as the craft loads in?

No but Tweakeverything has been known to cause issues with many of the FASA animations (BDB's launch clamps are all FASA launch clamps... suitably modified as mentioned above).

However, on thinking about it, many of the launch clamps will break/dis-engage due to craft mass/torque.   Add more clamps and see if you still have the issue.

Edited by Pappystein

20 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

No but Tweakeverything has been known to cause issues with many of the FASA animations (BDB's launch clamps are all FASA launch clamps... suitably modified as mentioned above).

However, on thinking about it, many of the launch clamps will break/dis-engage due to craft mass/torque.   Add more clamps and see if you still have the issue.

Yea I did, specifically using the craft files for the sarnus and it still happens.

Comment regarding when craft breaks up in the atmosphere. I was used to the effect when playing the FASA mod of the CSM breaking up in the atmosphere when I jettisoned it from CM coming back into Kerban atmosphere. I could focus camera as it was breaking up in stages, finally breaking up in many pieces and each one could be watched to impact with corresponding explosions. When I did Apollo moon missions with this mod, that effect was gone. CSM only exploded once and the single part never made an explosion at impact. After playing it a few times with same result, I want back to a doing some FASA missions and the very same thing happened, craft breakup gone. So apparently this mod introduced something into the mix. To test this, I un-installed this mod (along with B9 part switch that was necessary for this mod) and then went back and played some FASA moon missions again. The craft breakup into multiple parts was back. So I don't know what's going on with this but figured I would report it. That effect is really cool (to me anyway) and it is missed when it's not there, especially with losing it on one mod having a result of also losing it on another mod.

Edited by MikeO89

learned that lesson after bad port planning on the airlock. This morning I sent up a wet workshop and docked it. Had to move the Apollo but the ports weren't aligned an the station conspired against me by moving so I just gave up and sent it home.

EDIT: stream is over, will post pics later.

Not going as long as I had hoped the other day, but I might be able to get some stuff done at least. Stream going up!

And, I was able to get some work done on my laptop. Unfortunately I didn't have any up to date files, so I had to make something small and simple from scratch. I found a reference pic of the Orbiting Geophysical Observatories, and decided to make that probe core. Solar panels are modeled and partially textured as well. Pretty nifty if you ask me... I kinda want to do that funky antenna with the hoop on the end.

OGO-1_sketch.gif

unknown.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

41 minutes ago, Jesse-Lacey said:

Well this is embarrassing, I thought a part was from your mod turns out it's not.... Disregard my post.

I was able to see it since email notifications don't work with edits. :wink: I know which part you're talking about, I believe the author figured it out already and may have already released a fix? He was talking about it the other day and sounded like he had a breakthrough.

Yeah, I just had thought it was part of BDB because I started using the other mod at the same time, in my head it was part of this mod 4 months ago when I started using BDB. He has figured out a fix but sadly isn't going to be releasing that fix till 1.4 so I think I'll just keep using my 1.3.0 install for now.

Oh my goodness, I forgot to post these after Sunday's stream. Progress on the engine mount for the LDC Titan. Please note that the J-2 is a placeholder, but of course it will be possible to mount one and use our fuel switching to make this a cryogenic upper stage. :)

Also, I based some of the detailing on this painting. However, I need feedback. What should the paint scheme be for the mount? You can see in the pictures below I have it in two ways - with the cutouts bare metal, and the whole thing painted black. Any preferences on which? Or something completely different? Let me know what y'all think, I'm happy with what I have so far for this part but I'm unsure where to take it from here. I think more greebling will be added. Please bear in mind this is meant to interact with / fit with the Saturn parts. :)

22836085892_9af3aec7eb_b.jpg

FIFHS2m.png

cVEaO85.png