[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

I've always used Proc Fairings for this.  Small interstage fairings with nodes can be used for building the structure between each payload if looks are important, otherwise the truss fairing on its own is great for multiple payload attachments ( though your payloads will magically attach to thin air if you don't bother building the interstage)

3 hours ago, Katikar said:

Does anyone know a way to get the engines and command pods to be compatible with Kerbalism? I can't add oxygen or any other life support resources to the pods and the engines all have unlimited restarts and no ulage, but all the other parts seem to work just fine, fuel tanks and transmitters all. What's even more confusing is I have some legacy parts from other mods that (miraculously) still work even though they haven't been updated in years and they work just fine with kerbalism. Is there a patch file or something I can download?

I don't know, would like to know.

4 hours ago, Katikar said:

Does anyone know a way to get the engines and command pods to be compatible with Kerbalism? I can't add oxygen or any other life support resources to the pods and the engines all have unlimited restarts and no ulage, but all the other parts seem to work just fine, fuel tanks and transmitters all. What's even more confusing is I have some legacy parts from other mods that (miraculously) still work even though they haven't been updated in years and they work just fine with kerbalism. Is there a patch file or something I can download?

What should Kerbalism do with engines? Limited restarts is not a feature of Kerbalism. It must be another mod like Engine Ignitor. Also Kerbalism does nothing to fuel tanks, it`s a life support mod, not a mod for fuels. Ulage is not a feature of Kerbalism. As far as I know only Engine Ignitor and Real Fuels includes ullage simulations.
And the pods are compatible with Kerbalism. For me there is Oxygen and all other ressources like water and food onboard.
But the compatibility of kerbalism isn`t made by Bluedog. Kerbalism itself has a patch for Bluedog (GameData\Kerbalism\Support\Bluedog.cfg). So if you have problems with Kerbalism you must ask in the Kerbalism-Thread. But I don`t see any problems and play BdB with Kerbalism since more than two years now.

2 hours ago, Kerbal01 said:

Another screenshot tax, Two launch space station on Saturn Multibody. https://imgur.com/a/r72Ht22?

Nice double post of Photos Kerbal01.

Question though...   What was the purpose of putting a docking port on the thin antenna of the Apollo space telescope?   Was it just so you could launch it and a Crewed mission to the Skylab on the same launch?   I ask since that part (the Telescope) has it's own Command point and can fly itself.  I tended to launch that on a Titan 23C if I wanted to add it after the fact.  Sure it was ugly with the old fairings and the no boat-tail parts BITD but it worked hunky-dory for launching a stand alone telescope.  

7 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Nice double post of Photos Kerbal01.

Question though...   What was the purpose of putting a docking port on the thin antenna of the Apollo space telescope?   Was it just so you could launch it and a Crewed mission to the Skylab on the same launch?   I ask since that part (the Telescope) has it's own Command point and can fly itself.  I tended to launch that on a Titan 23C if I wanted to add it after the fact.  Sure it was ugly with the old fairings and the no boat-tail parts BITD but it worked hunky-dory for launching a stand alone telescope.  

Exactly that. I have it mounted on a separator once the module is docked so it looks proper. 

7 hours ago, Wirelex said:

if want resize properly TWSA payload adapeters you had install the all tweak mods

No, I did my own Tweakscale-config for this parts. But it should work with the All Tweak Mod.

Wow amazing work with the new colours @Drakenex, I especially like the half white Skylab Apollo and Blue Gemini. Looks superb in game.

Il9XM1zh.png

jLBF8YSh.png

Peaceful earth observation and photo processing lab being visited by USAF and Army Gemini

NEgMBy2h.png

Z7DGWFVh.png

"rescue" gemini is kinda fun too.

nBJWWTnh.png

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

"rescue" gemini is kinda fun too.

nBJWWTnh.png

Amazing shots!! thanks a lot

Rescue Gemini is actually a homage to FASA

635370567190156186.jpeg

Edited by Drakenex

19 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Amazing shots!! thanks a lot

Rescue Gemini is actually a homage to FASA

While that may be true (and I did love playing with the White Gemini in FASA BITD) it was based on an actual proposal by McDonnell.  Not that NASA ever entertained such a proposal... let alone paid attention to it.  

Course the real one would have been mostly black with a white or white striped nose cone and extra lights.   But I love that you are taking Frizznak's art and re-imaging/imagining  it for the Beale Designed Trails Gemini capsule :)

PS thanks for releasing the BDB in Colors I can't wait to fly it!

Edited by Pappystein
Posted before finished

1 hour ago, Kerbal01 said:

how are people embedding their screenshots? (I've been on this forum for 6 years(8 if you count the time before the Great April), I should know but don't).

I upload them to discord and copy the link. It does it with imgur too if you use the "Direct Link". (It embeds if the link ends with a an image file extension.)

Given my station building issues when using Apollo era station parts from other mods...   I am curious, has there been an uptick/re-address of universal docking ports that look like the real deal and available in more than 0.625 and 1.25m sizes?    I am getting sick of gendered and/or handed ports that preclude universal docking... AKA I don't like launching and finding out my docking port is not oriented correctly to point the docked vessel the way I want it.    But I absolutely detest the stock ports that look like someone cut off the top 4 inches from a 55 gallon drum and rolled the top rim outward.

Most of the issues seem to be how different mod creators do their collision meshes than the docking ports themselves.   EG the docking port on the station part is below the collision mesh because it is not THEIR docking port.  

Ideally to me would be an APAS and CABMs type ports without the indexing fingers being part of the collider!  In sizes from 0.5m or less all the way up-to 1.25m...  With a centered (or offset) 0.9375m/1.25m port welded onto plates up-to 2.5m where the docking takes place CENTERED on the plates OR on the port (B9 Node switch?)

The last is to allow for many of the original space station proposals (MOL anyone!?)   Gemini-B/Gemini-2/Blue-Gemini would have an off center docking port in the custom service module (with the deorbit SRMs offset in the other direction) and would dock onto MOL via the offset port (but be centered on MOL) 

6 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Given my station building issues when using Apollo era station parts from other mods...   I am curious, has there been an uptick/re-address of universal docking ports that look like the real deal and available in more than 0.625 and 1.25m sizes?    I am getting sick of gendered and/or handed ports that preclude universal docking... AKA I don't like launching and finding out my docking port is not oriented correctly to point the docked vessel the way I want it.    But I absolutely detest the stock ports that look like someone cut off the top 4 inches from a 55 gallon drum and rolled the top rim outward.

Most of the issues seem to be how different mod creators do their collision meshes than the docking ports themselves.   EG the docking port on the station part is below the collision mesh because it is not THEIR docking port.  

Ideally to me would be an APAS and CABMs type ports without the indexing fingers being part of the collider!  In sizes from 0.5m or less all the way up-to 1.25m...  With a centered (or offset) 0.9375m/1.25m port welded onto plates up-to 2.5m where the docking takes place CENTERED on the plates OR on the port (B9 Node switch?)

The last is to allow for many of the original space station proposals (MOL anyone!?)   Gemini-B/Gemini-2/Blue-Gemini would have an off center docking port in the custom service module (with the deorbit SRMs offset in the other direction) and would dock onto MOL via the offset port (but be centered on MOL) 

I think Benjees APAS is exactly what you're looking for. I prefer the BDB one because I like the soft docking, but Benjees one works like a stock docking port while having a very nice APAS model. If you didnt want to use the whole reDirect and or habtech mod, its worth noting the docking part is in a very lightweight  benjee10_sharedassets folder separate from the main mod folder when you download either of those mods.