[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yes - I really have to stress, DO NOT load a career save (or a save you care about at all, really) with the dev builds installed.

Well $&@#, I have apparently been doing it wrong since 2015 :P

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yes - I really have to stress, DO NOT load a career save (or a save you care about at all, really) with the dev builds installed. There will be a lot of breaking changes, even from week to week. Feel free to open up a fresh sandbox save to play with stuff and share screenshots, but don't expect to be able to use the new stuff in a proper save for some time yet.

disclaimer:

bluedog design bureau, its makers, and suppliers(of goods, both legal and illicit -wink-) are not responsible for any of the following should career saves be used with dev builds:
rapid unscheduled disassembly
explosions
REALLY good suntans(read sunburn)
rocket pogo
rocket seesaw
hard overs
lawn darting
head-desking
kerbals spontaneously tapdancing swan lake in steel toed boots whilst wearing pink tutus
depletion of coffee supplies
overcharging by one's therapist.
the therapist charging you for their therapist
loss of sleep
loss of girlfriend
girlfriend taking over computer and proving to be a better rocket scientist than you
---
bluedog design bureau, its makers and suppliers disclaim any and all warranties, expressed or implied when using a dev build. the user assumes all liability and responsibility therein for any side effects that may thusly occur.

21 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well, I am remaking Thor/Early Delta. The next update is going to cover Redstone, Jupiter, Thor and Vanguard. But I wasn't planning on changing the way Thor is constructed (partially since I already remade Delta in that style). The LR-79 wasn't used for anything else to my knowledge. With all the new Titan engines (I'm still wondering if I should make a single mount of the AJ3 or AJ5) we're not going to be hurting by not having the LR-79.

Well... there's the Sea Horse proposal, which was supposed to use it (though slightly modified for ignition in water). :) 
http://astronautix.com/s/seahorse.html

Also, the start tanks remained on on RS-27 and RS-27A. It would be great to have those as standalone, too. RS-27 is essentially LR-79 without the big lubricant tank and with higher performance, and RS-27A is that with an extended nozzle. I don't know if the LR-79 you have is suited to being remodeled into those, but if it is, it would be a very nice addition.

And yes, I'm aware you're not interested in remodeling the Delta II tail assembly. That doesn't mean there is no market for standalone RS-27 engines. :) If you can do it on one texture sheet, with limited modeling work, I'm sure they'll have their uses (especially RS-27A, which I bet would fit onto a Saturn I thrust plate...). Single-part engine+boattail assembly is too cumbersome to cluster.

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Wirelex said:

The SRMU 3 seg for Titan IV SRMU 1 seg SRMU 1 seg with shielding and half seg SRMU

The one "with shielding" is just to show the autoshroud, there's only going to be 2 1/2, 1, and 1/2 segment SRMUs :)

I'm sure people are wondering, why have 1 and 1/2 seg SRMUs?

Il81lUn.png

xzSdGYK.gif

7 hours ago, Kerbal01 said:

Where does the Titan 3 equipment bay go? on the transtage or the second stage?

It goes at the top of the second stage. It's not used on variants that have Transtage, I believe.

8 hours ago, davidy12 said:

For some reason the Petal Adapter for Apollo destroys the CSM and SPS. 

Is this... new? Those parts haven't been touched in... nearly two years.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Is this... new? Those parts haven't been touched in... nearly two years.

Check it yourself man. Doesn't work in Orbit and I'm reduced to a decoupler.

The Apollo 8-17/Skylab petals that jettison work fine. BUT when I decouple the LM I can't really extract it without time acceleration.

18 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Check it yourself man. Doesn't work in Orbit and I'm reduced to a decoupler.

The Apollo 8-17/Skylab petals that jettison work fine. BUT when I decouple the LM I can't really extract it without time acceleration.

You may wish to post pictures or perhaps video of what you're doing. I've used all 3; the one with jettisionable sides, the deployable open one, the deployable enclosed one and never had a problem.

xpBnI2bl.png

7bPEBKVl.png

On 9/30/2015 at 3:21 PM, CobaltWolf said:

[Snip] BDB adds parts. Lots of parts. Nearly 400 parts, including launchers, spacecraft, and probes, all in a stockalike style. [Snip]

does it work with KSP 1.7.X?

Edited by James Kerman
Snipped complete quote of OP

1 hour ago, vossiewulf said:

Starting a new game, see this loading the game, latest B9 Part Switch is having a serious complaint about some of the BDB parts from your latest release. I'm not sure what the impact is.

Yd7fbXC.png

IIRC, those issues have always been there, but the newer versions of B9 simply make them visible. It shouldn't impact the game at all.

5 hours ago, TimothyC said:

BDB does have dependencies however. You'd want to pick up the latest version of B9PS and MM.

As well as its own plugin which could be broken by an update, but so far the most recent updates have been pretty forgiving to plugins besides the most heavyweight ones