[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

I’m not sure what is going on but I’m getting strange flames with the Saturn V, from The First Section (S-1C) Engines instead of being a smooth conical flame shape they are a series of rings flowing out of the engines.

I’m using KSP 1.7.3 with both DLCs plus BDB 1.5.2 (with All Dependencies Mods installed) , Mechjeb 2.8.4.

I hope this picture can explain better than I can…

lChWHeq.jpg

Are there any known issues with remotetech on 1.7.3? I've got both installed and everything was fine inside the kerbin SOI but I just launched my first vessel for duna and can no longer control it.

I've got the J15-D comm dish. I have two on a vessel inside the kerbin SOI as my "relay". It's connected to KSC with one dish, and to my active vessel/duna vessel (tried both) with another. The distance shows my duna vessel is well within the range. Yet when I switch the duna vessel, I have no control. I have electricity, the dish itself says "connected", but I can't control my vessel anymore. It's as if the SOI is a boundary. I'm going to try next time with official remotetech dishes and see what happens.

Edit: I tried with a remote-tech Communotron HG-55 and do not have the same issue. I put a new relay satellite up with one pointed at a new test probe with the same dish and even after I left SOI I had signal. The moment I switched to the satellite with the J15-D I lost connection. I immediately switch to that J15-D sat and it was powered, had signal, and said my test probe was in range. 

Definitely appears to be related to the J15-D, unless I'm missing something.

Edited by viveleroi

On 7/16/2019 at 7:51 PM, DriftedCougar said:

In the dev version of the mod is the IUS.

Note: the dev version is more for testing.

I click all the link in first page, but still can't find out which one has IUS part (I don't know the name of part in game either). Maybe I'm too dumb. Could you give me the link or some other help?PLZ

Just now, rogerwang86 said:

I click all the link in first page, but still can't find out which one has IUS part (I don't know the name of part in game either). Maybe I'm too dumb. Could you give me the link or some other help?PLZ

You need to go to the github repo and switch the the Development branch.

https://saraford.net/2017/01/17/how-to-switch-branches-on-a-repo-using-the-github-ui-017/ This should help you do that if you dont already know how.

6 hours ago, Turk_WLF said:

I’m not sure what is going on but I’m getting strange flames with the Saturn V, from The First Section (S-1C) Engines instead of being a smooth conical flame shape they are a series of rings flowing out of the engines.

I’m using KSP 1.7.3 with both DLCs plus BDB 1.5.2 (with All Dependencies Mods installed) , Mechjeb 2.8.4.

I hope this picture can explain better than I can…

What's your frame rate like? My guess is the plume is breaking up due to low frame rate

The development branch of BDB on github has a new dedicated plume for the F1 that should be much smoother even under lower frame rates. The one in the current full release has probably been stretched more than it should have been which might contribute to the issues.

You could switch to the development branch but keep in mind that a lot of whats in the dev branch is work in progress and it is not really recommended for use in a serious career save. (Not that it stops some of us :P )

On 7/19/2019 at 4:05 PM, CobaltWolf said:

I think if I'm smart about how I model the single engine mount (for F-1, basically just going to be a cylinder like the Saturn Multibody engine mount) I will be able to just change the bottom of it :) I don't think I'll be able to fit the E-1 sized openings though, it might have to be smaller. They would still have to fit the single mount LR-87s... I might be able to keep the bigger mounting points for the 4x "low profile" mount but not the 5x.

That'd be absolutely fantastic. The revamped engines look great, and that inflatable-nozzle J-2 sure'll be useful.

Edited by Hay

Whoa, awesome stuff here! I don't have much to show today, but here's a work in progress of the new MOL 1.875m Docking Port.

I'm not sure how many of the MOL parts will get reworked for this release, but there will definitely be at least a couple. The docking port is one of the worst offenders...

3fBO2qa.png

MYIc8Mc.png

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm not sure how many of the MOL parts will get reworked for this release, but there will definitely be at least a couple. The docking port is one of the worst offenders...

3fBO2qa.png

So after ~40 hours with no power (I think, I would have to be awake enough to actually do math) I get on to see 1) AMAZING Saturn Engines.   I LOVE the new textures Cobalt!   Then 2) I see this.  The part that makes me the sickest in the entire MOL lineup (but I have to keep using as it is the ONLY 1.857m docking port I have in the game) will be replaced someday soon.  YES!   

IF it wouldn't cause a huge amount of work,  could I suggest, an alternate version where the docking port/tunnel in the center of the ring is offset to one edge of the ring to fit a proper Gemini MOL SM?   Yes that means the node for docking would be off center but then you could have a docking port recessed into the bottom of the SM to line up perfectly and have room for the De-Orbit SRM six pack below the port on the SM.   Alternatively if/when you ever decide to make new SMs for Gemini you could just center the docking port and have 6 Solids surrounding it.  

6 hours ago, Zorg said:

Testing the J2T plume with the all new aerospike model. The emissive is incredible on this engine! :o

AZfjnBah.png

I am guessing by the extra lower tank you didn't have enough D/V to orbit?  BTW I love the new plume... 

Edited by Pappystein

10 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I am guessing by the extra lower tank you didn't have enough D/V to orbit?  BTW I love the new plume... 

Thanks! The design of this test vehicle was driven only by the consideration that I needed to get the first stage to over 40km in order to see the full range of plume expansion. The only purpose was to test it out with the new J2T model.