[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Oh! I don't know why I just thought to post this, but for those of you who weren't on the stream last night, here's the progress I've made towards remaking the RL10 engine.

2kdd3v3.png

It never looked quite right in the past, but when I'm done with this it will. That was one of the first things I ever modeled for BDB. :P

16 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

hza0PYk.pngxQ9IDQp.pngO4CqMuu.pngJPm3sTG.png

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

* More awesome pics

DUDE!! These look super nice. I can't wait to do resupply missions with these crafts, I'm super excited for the Transtage version now. Also Atlas V look cleaner. And the MOL parts do look better. Amazing work.

EDIT: Trying to see if yesterday's build works with 1.1.2 ..... so far stock game seems pretty stable. IF I don't have problems after 20-30 mins of gameplay I'll try testing mods.

Edited by OTmikhail

38 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Oh! I don't know why I just thought to post this, but for those of you who weren't on the stream last night, here's the progress I've made towards remaking the RL10 engine.

It never looked quite right in the past, but when I'm done with this it will. That was one of the first things I ever modeled for BDB. :P

Noice. Looking great.

30 minutes ago, OTmikhail said:

DUDE!! These look super nice. I can't wait to do resupply missions with these crafts, I'm super excited for the Transtage version now. Also Atlas V look cleaner. And the MOL parts do look better. Amazing work.

EDIT: Trying to see if yesterday's build works with 1.1.2 ..... so far stock game seems pretty stable. IF I don't have problems after 20-30 mins of gameplay I'll try testing mods.

Yeah I'm sorta hype cus I managed to get a good bit done last night. Yesterday's build? Oh right, @Jso's balance changes got merged in.

From what I read people are still getting the constant crashes I was getting, so I'm still just kind of putting my head down and modeling / texturing. :P

Edited by CobaltWolf

22 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Noice. Looking great.

Yeah I'm sorta hype cus I managed to get a good bit done tonight. Yesterday's build? Oh right, @Jso's balance changes got merged in.

From what I read people are still getting the constant crashes I was getting, so I'm still just kind of putting my head down and modeling / texturing. :P

Thanks!

I've been playing with the latest dev build in 1.1.2 and everything works fine... so far. I haven't tried antennas or science, though.

46 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

2kdd3v3.png

Is this a 625 mm or 250 cm engine? 

15 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

It's the same as the Inon/RL10 in the mod already, just a new model. So 1.25m in terms of the autoshroud it generates, while the mounting hardware for the engine at the top is a bit below 0.625m.

Edited by CobaltWolf

12 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

It's the same as the Inon/RL10 in the mod already, just a new model. So 1.25m in terms of the autoshroud it generates, while the mounting hardware for the engine at the top is a bit below 0.625m.

It's not the same as the old one, it's actually better compared to the real RL10. The very end of the bell is about 625cm, and the bit on top is probably around 300cm. The node shroud, however, as Cobalt mentioned, is 1.25m. 

20 hours ago, komodo said:

On the titan_3seg_srb, is the fuel load out sane? It has wayyyyyy less than the two segment above it. 

Typo, nice catch.

21 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

I would love the craft file, please. I think I've been overshooting a bit, thinking that I should try to get 4550 kg to space instead, resorting to Sapphire boosters to accomplish it. One question though, can it be flown manually? You have the skillful eye of mechjeb there, and I was wondering if there are any instabilities or peculiarities to this rocket.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6dh50acv3ouq0c/Atlas II.craft?dl=0

I rarely fly manually. The Atlas booster and RS27 got gimble upgrades. It's perfectly stable, not even a wiggle.

@CobaltWolf Here's the first pass at the AR configuration for all the existing probe cores and antennas.  The balance may not be perfect and after doing some testing I may change these values some.  If it seems overly harsh or too easy, let me know and we'll talk more about the type of balance you'd like to see.  The MM config will allow BDB to be used with either stock or Outer Planet Mod solar systems.  I've also included integrated changes to the stock antennas to balance them evenly against the BDB antennas.

Antenna Range Configuration for BDB through the latest pre-release

Hope this helps and thanks for everything you do on this mod.  It's really great work!

2 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Lunar Orbiter Program, Coming Next Surveyor ...is not a request at all :wink: ... but it will be so nice to have some LO parts from BDB ......

I see you've caught the Lunar Orbiter antenna, but I also added a dish in the soon-to-be-released update. The propulsion module is also in the mod but it's fairly old and needs to be redone. I've had ideas for a lunar orbiter probe core for a while now, basically a probe core with a truss on top of it. It'd have room for the mid-tier camera as well as other experiments mounted on it. And at that point all you'd need would be the solar panels. Might as well do those too. I am technically supposed to be splitting my time between probes and the station parts, but the MOL project has sort of spun out of control :P I'll get around to them eventually haha.

What version of the mod are you using? The Agena is 1.25m, the last stable release for 1.0.5 rescaled it to a more accurate 0.9375m. Your Atlas also should have one of the medium length tanks on top of the main one, that makes the proportions more correct for the first stage and will compensate for the Agena being smaller. Overall though that is an AWESOME recreation, thanks for sharing!

5 minutes ago, rasta013 said:

@CobaltWolf Here's the first pass at the AR configuration for all the existing probe cores and antennas.  The balance may not be perfect and after doing some testing I may change these values some.  If it seems overly harsh or too easy, let me know and we'll talk more about the type of balance you'd like to see.  The MM config will allow BDB to be used with either stock or Outer Planet Mod solar systems.  I've also included integrated changes to the stock antennas to balance them evenly against the BDB antennas.

Antenna Range Configuration for BDB through the latest pre-release

Hope this helps and thanks for everything you do on this mod.  It's really great work!

Sweet, thank you so much! I feel as if BDB is lagging behind in compatibility (I don't even like writing part configs, let alone compatibility files) so I appreciate all the help I can get. I've downloaded it and put it in the folder, it'll be in the next release. :)

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Sweet, thank you so much! I feel as if BDB is lagging behind in compatibility (I don't even like writing part configs, let alone compatibility files) so I appreciate all the help I can get. I've downloaded it and put it in the folder, it'll be in the next release. :)

My pleasure.  I don't know coding or modelling so I like to give back as much as I can, where I can and config files and MM configs are my forte.  I've learned everything I can about them and quite frankly really enjoy producing this stuff and putting it out for people to use.  Glad I could be help!