[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Also, a bit of a heads up. I was hoping to get a fair amount of work done for BDB over my upcoming winter break, but some real life stuff came up that will disrupt the next couple weeks. So no promises on a finished Skylab, etc for the holidays.

All I want for Christmas is... Skylab

This is a new song of course for the BDB Christmas album.

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Also, a bit of a heads up. I was hoping to get a fair amount of work done for BDB over my upcoming winter break, but some real life stuff came up that will disrupt the next couple weeks. So no promises on a finished Skylab, etc for the holidays.

well... ,it's actually doesn't really bother me because even if Skylab would be ready by Christmas it would mean that I could play with it exactly when MY holiday break would be over (living in Israel is not fun:(),btw I never flip those batteries:wink:

Gemini 8 awaiting the go-ahead to dock to its Agena Target vehicle.

bWfEbrw.png

Also, these KIS explosives are becoming a bit of a safety hazard on my missions. "Going on EVA this time, I see... Better pack some C4 in the ship so I have something to do in orbit"

ZA2pGZd.png

I've been playing with the CADS from the latest github release... damn it's so hard to dock with this thing. If you're soft-docked but out of alignment by a degree or two it can be really difficult to rotate the crafts into the absolutely perfect alignment it requires. Maybe it wouldn't be so hard if the magnetic torque was a bit higher...

So I set up a patch to get the BDB Kane Parachutes to work with Realchutes.  Everything seems to be working except that now the chutes no longer spread out like Cobalt set them up to do, and they are all overlapped.  Anyone have an idea as to how to get them to match that original spread?

2 hours ago, minepagan said:

The ACV was a thingy from Eyes Turned Skyward. There's a wiki with plenty of pics.

Also, IIRC @CobaltWolfsaid he wouldn't do it? So why is it on the roadmap?

You'll notice the roadmap has increased significantly in length... I made the mistake of giving @TimothyC edit permissions.

38 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

You'll notice the roadmap has increased significantly in length... I made the mistake of giving @TimothyC edit permissions.

Hey, I haven't added that much to the roadmap at all. I've held off on NLS & ALS in deference to your dislike of SOFI orange tanks.

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well then maybe he should focus on updating it, not expanding it:P. Half the apollo stuff is marked wrongly in terms of status (done, wip, not started, ect.)

I have been trying to reduce the volume of LFO in bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ServiceModule but without any luck. Have edited bot the aforementioned .cfg and WBITankSwitcher.cfg (WBI_BDB_FUEL_TEMPLATE_BK2_SM) without any luck. I really can't find anywhere else to edit. I want it to be: LF=270 and Ox=330.

16 minutes ago, Johnny2000 said:

I have been trying to reduce the volume of LFO in bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ServiceModule but without any luck. Have edited bot the aforementioned .cfg and WBITankSwitcher.cfg (WBI_BDB_FUEL_TEMPLATE_BK2_SM) without any luck. I really can't find anywhere else to edit. I want it to be: LF=270 and Ox=330.

What version/download are you playing with currently? The development version is in a state of rapid flux still, so the answer may depend on which version you're using. This part has been particularly annoying, but I digress.

WBITankSwitcher.cfg should be the place to change it, for the moment, so i'm not sure why it wouldn't be working.

If you could upload a KSP.log and a ModuleManager.ConfigCache to dropbox/something similar, it would be much easier to figure out what is going on.

Out of curiosity more than anything, why those numbers?

@komodo I sync from Github, so the files are from yesterday. Trying to learn and maybe I can contribute if needed. At least some tedious thing like editing config files. Hack to learn as Ben Heck always says :wink: I am trying to rescale all pods/rockets to real sizes and masses. Both to try recreate the missions as accurate as possible and also to learn. So when I scale up, the volumes becomes quite big. And with BlueSMURFF the mass is almost non with 10x Kerbol.

I'll upload in a sec. Used Dropbox earlier, but have switched to Google Drive. Never tried to share documents there yet.