[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

38 minutes ago, EmberTech said:

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I'm running 1.2.2 BDB with Gameslinx's Planet Pack, EVE, Scatterer, and Ven's Stock Revamp, and, whenever I try to go on EVA from the Lunar Lander, the game instantly crashes.

Not a BDB problem, take a look at Gameslinx' Planet Pack. Same problem occures with other ambience and planet mods.

7 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

In this special case, a simple copy&paste from other mod's patches for FAR on control interfaces could not be enough - I already guessed and your last sentence seems to confirm that.

But I think - afaik myself :cool: - I will start doing patches ...

@Gordon Dry

I have been doing MM patches for a while.   Some are easy some are hard.   FAR will be a little harder than others but once you understand the basics... they tend to just be patch X needs more time to finish than patch Y.    The real problem is if your MM file is interacting with PlayerX's MM file.  or vice-versa.  For FAR compatibility I doubt that will be much of an issue since the only other AERO out there IIRC is NuStockAero.  If you are trying to do what I am (replace one fuel system with a completely different one....) well it can become mind-boggling.  

The key I think is to find the best text editor you can legally use...  Look through MM files that are similar to what you are looking for.  And then Run with it and see what you can do.   You might need help and the forums I listed yesterday are full of nice people who are GREAT at explaining things so even *I* can understand them.

I would suggest not STARTING with FAR patches but make something simple... like a copy of an engine you already use and give it a higher ISP... then see it in the game....   If it works COOL... If it doesn't well it wasn't a lot of time invested and you can still try to make it work.  This is how I started and I have almost 100 individual MM files in my personal collection in just 3 months.... Mostly focused on Titan and Delta/Thor and Agena

Edited by Pappystein
Deleted Dbl Post

6 hours ago, EmberTech said:

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I'm running 1.2.2 BDB with Gameslinx's Planet Pack,

Remove Texturereplacer from your GameDate folder.

This is caused by Texture Replacer.

Consider updating to 1.3 to use the full mod.

6 hours ago, hraban said:

Not a BDB problem, take a look at Gameslinx' Planet Pack. Same problem occures with other ambience and planet mods

Nay, this isn't the planet mod crashing the game, it's TR (bundled with the mod, but it isn't the actual planets)

KnkihmK.jpg

We now have J-2SL and we will soon have 312 cm parts. I decided to combine the pair with this Hydro-Falcon rocket.

• Two Titan IV boosters
  • 9 J2SL engines in the first stage
  • a normal J-2 in the second stage
  • Topped with an Apollo Blk IV with twin RTGs
  • looks damn good

(I did have to use TweakScale, though - Can we please speed up on the development of Barbarian?)

PS: OH MAH GOURD 350 PAEEGEES!

Edited by Rory Yammomoto
E-1 is a bit much.

11 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Holy BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

AJ-10 facelift FTW :)

To be clear, that mesh change has been around for a while, but the emissives are new. It turns out they're super easy, but it'll be a while before all the engines have them just because... well, I'm behind on everything and it's a low priority. I would like to get them as I go through updating things, as I find time. And they are a nice visual touch for low effort... so any new engines should have them.

21 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Is that still the same size texture sheet? cause if so, MY GOD.

Negative, I moved up to a 2K sheet at double the texel density to reduce the jaggies. There will be significant space leftover on the sheet however - enough to throw in smaller parts like the subsat, for example.

I'd like to request the LR-87-AJ5 and LR-87-AJ9. Keys to the full family of titan vehicles. Also, i activated the RL-10B2 despite all the warnings not to in the config, slapped together a delta III and it worked perfectly on the first flight, no spinning at all, RL-10B2 worked as expected.

15 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

I'd like to request the LR-87-AJ5 and LR-87-AJ9. Keys to the full family of titan vehicles. Also, i activated the RL-10B2 despite all the warnings not to in the config, slapped together a delta III and it worked perfectly on the first flight, no spinning at all, RL-10B2 worked as expected.

Did the gimballing work? I think that was part of the issue we were having at the time.

The LR-87-AJ5 and -AJ9 are both modeled in sufficient detail by the mid-tier LR-87 in the mod IMO. There are already a lot of 'duplicate' Titan parts in the mod.

41 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

Can I get some more eyes on this? Its a config of the LR-87-AJ9, based off of the config model and texture of the LR-87-AJ7. It loads and runs, but doesnt load the AJ7. https://www.dropbox.com/s/lihrqfmmpwpes4n/bluedog_LR87_mod3.cfg?dl=0

So, thought of this after you left, but are you sure you didn't delete / overwrite the original config? :P

I just recognized:

GameData\Bluedog_DB\Compatibility\RealPlumes\BDB_Centaur_RL10.cfg
GameData\Bluedog_DB\Compatibility\RealPlumes\BDB_Centaur_RL10(new).cfg
GameData\Bluedog_DB\Compatibility\RealPlumes\BDB_Centaur_RL10_new.cfg

Which one? :cool:

3 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

I just recognized:

GameData\Bluedog_DB\Compatibility\RealPlumes\BDB_Centaur_RL10.cfg
GameData\Bluedog_DB\Compatibility\RealPlumes\BDB_Centaur_RL10(new).cfg
GameData\Bluedog_DB\Compatibility\RealPlumes\BDB_Centaur_RL10_new.cfg

Which one? :cool:

Near as I can tell, the third one (_new) is the correct one. @Jso do you concur? We gotta delete the old ones.

So, gonna have to do a big screenshot dump later, but I am done streaming and going to make dinner, so you'll have to live with this for now! :)

KFz6AYv.jpg

EDIT: For comparison. #FollowYourDreams

WkJNhn7.png

Edited by CobaltWolf