[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 6/20/2017 at 6:44 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Snipped photos of Apollo update

And another AJ-10 engine gets updated!  :)

On 6/21/2017 at 10:10 AM, DarthVader said:

I'd like to request the LR-87-AJ5 and LR-87-AJ9. Keys to the full family of titan vehicles.

The -5, -7 and -9 are all physically, basically the same (in-fact the -11 is the same as them too!) Cobalt has modeled the ablative insulation  to the -11 engines however.

Easiest way is to do MM files...   The below assumes you are using Azeroine50 and NTO as used in the @Shadowmage's SSTU mod... if you want the poorer stock Fuels you will want to just change the fuel references and the fuel flow rates to the appropriate 1.1:0.9 ratios and change the ":NEEDS[SSTU&Bluedog_DB]" to just "NEEDS[Bluedog_DB]"...

Spoiler

+PART[bluedog_LR87_mod2]:NEEDS[SSTU&Bluedog_DB]
{
@name = bluedog_LR87_5
@title = Prometheus-II-650 "Astraeus" Liquid Engine
@manufacturer = Pafftek Enterprises in conjunction with Bluedog Design Bureau
@description = Powerful 1.875m engine for the Prometheus-II first stage. The upper shroud protects the engine from the exhaust and debris of strap on solid boosters. Since most Prometheus-II flights will not have boosters, the shroud can be removed to reduce costs and weight further.
@cost = 4800
!MODULE[ModuleEngines]
{
}
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEngines
        thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
        exhaustDamage = True
        ignitionThreshold = 0.1
        minThrust = 0
        maxThrust = 549
        heatProduction = 200
        fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.9
        EngineType = LiquidFuel
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = Aerozine50
                    ratio = 1
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = NTO
            ratio = 1
        }
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 297
            key = 1 259
            key = 6 0.001
        }
    }
}
+PART[bluedog_LR87_mod2]:NEEDS[SSTU&Bluedog_DB]
{
@name = bluedog_LR87_9
@title = Prometheus-II-690 "Mnemosyne" Liquid Engine
@manufacturer = Pafftek Enterprises in conjunction with Bluedog Design Bureau
@description = Powerful 1.875m engine for the Prometheus-III first stage.  Traditionally, Prometheus-III flies with strap-on Solid Rocket Motors like the Prometheus-III-5 "Eos" Solid Rocket Booster
@cost = 5200
!MODULE[ModuleEngines]
{
}
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEngines
        thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
        exhaustDamage = True
        ignitionThreshold = 0.1
        minThrust = 0
        maxThrust = 588
        heatProduction = 216
        fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.9
        EngineType = LiquidFuel
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = Aerozine50
                    ratio = 1
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = NTO
            ratio = 1
        }
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 304
            key = 1 252
            key = 6 0.001
        }
    }
}

@CobaltWolf   I don't THINK I stole any used or wanted to use in the future names from you with those engines.......  I hope :)

@Rory Yammomoto   Re: the picture of the Gemini pod under a paraglider wing....

IIRC @linuxgurugamer has a small modlet to support deploy-able wings.....  IIRC it is for exactly what you asked for (the Gemini Para-glider)   Now whether, @CobaltWolf or @Beale or whoever else is currently MAKING parts for TRAILS has the TIME to make such a beast or has the WANT to make such a beast is fully up to them.   I too would love to Inline Balutte an approach and then para-glide to a landing at KSC... on whatever planet I have KSC on...   But until a part designer wants to make the parts and someone code all the programming together to need this...l will wait.

Spoiler

of course FASA already has this in a fixed wing form.....  (patiently awaits the hammer of the blue wolf to smite me :) )

I however do not think the FASA implementation has not had any love since original aero was replaced... so it is flies like a coconut laden swallow. and yes we are talking a European swallow, not an African one!

52 minutes ago, lindemherz said:

Hey Cobalt, those shots look gorgeous. Care to share which visual mods you use?

The standard fare - EVE, SVE, scatterer, Planetshine, DOE, Realplume... and then a 'custom' Reshade preset, by which I mean I installed it and toggled settings on and off until I was happy. :)

9cGumg4.png

I'll just leave this here... Courtesy of @CobaltWolf and @Beale, with a dash of accidental irony: I had intended this station core as, well, a generic station core, ISS/Mir type, but on fairing separation, it ripped off the entire port solar array. So, I think i'll make something interesting out of this in the end... :)

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

The CTT config is somewhat confusing, for example actually I got the "Saturn-2200 S-IV Liquid Fuel Tank" which is a 2.5m to 3.125m tank adapter, but no fitting Saturn S-IV tank to attach to.

@Gordon Dry

Um, that is the Saturn IV tank..... I think you are looking for the later Saturn IVB tank.   The tank you have found is used in conjunction with 6x RL-10 Hydrolox engines and not the J-2.   The tank named is for Saturn I and not Saturn IB/Saturn V.   It sounds like you have not unlocked the Saturn IB/V parts yet

Edited by Pappystein
spelling

4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

The CTT config is somewhat confusing, for example actually I got the "Saturn-2200 S-IV Liquid Fuel Tank" which is a 2.5m to 3.125m tank adapter, but no fitting Saturn S-IV tank to attach to.

Type "S4" in the search box and you'll see the parts that go together in that stage (all of the Saturn stages should be searchable this way: S1, S1C, S2, S4B, ect). There are two tanks. The S-IV is in Heavy Rocketry. It's engines are in Precision Propulsion with the Centaur parts. The bigger S-IVB stage with the J2 engines is in Heavier Rocketry.

CTT does not change the placement of any Saturn parts. Look in GameData\Bluedog_DB\Compatability\CommunityTechTree\CTT.cfg.

On 6/25/2017 at 4:17 PM, Pappystein said:

@Rory Yammomoto   Re: the picture of the Gemini pod under a paraglider wing....

IIRC @linuxgurugamer has a small modlet to support deploy-able wings.....  IIRC it is for exactly what you asked for (the Gemini Para-glider)   Now whether, @CobaltWolf or @Beale or whoever else is currently MAKING parts for TRAILS has the TIME to make such a beast or has the WANT to make such a beast is fully up to them.   I too would love to Inline Balutte an approach and then para-glide to a landing at KSC... on whatever planet I have KSC on...   But until a part designer wants to make the parts and someone code all the programming together to need this...l will wait.

Reveal hidden contents

of course FASA already has this in a fixed wing form.....  (patiently awaits the hammer of the blue wolf to smite me :) )

I however do not think the FASA implementation has not had any love since original aero was replaced... so it is flies like a coconut laden swallow. and yes we are talking a European swallow, not an African one!

CONTARES by @hraban has a deployable paraglider wing. Though it's more of a parafoil (X-38 style) rather than a paraglider, it's usable.

30 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

BDB KANE 11

A successful scrap yard plunder. It is time for bucking, filling and polishing. Very nice for those who like to have antiques in bad shape. Were the textures before washed out now shines the patina. An improvement? Well, I like it, just the right representation. :D

Btw and without any ironic: Very good texture work. I think you have to many time left.

Edited by hraban

1 hour ago, Slainte Maith said:

Dare I ask about functional IVAs?  I really love your work, but ran into issues with RSS/RO/RP-0. (Specifically with the Atlas as I recall--but I never got further.)

Thanks for making this and releasing it to the world!

I don't make IVAs, I don't know if we'll ever get them at this point. I've had a couple people start on them but not finish them. :/

We aren't fully configured for RSS/RO/RP-0 yet, but its being worked on by those guys.

And thanks! I appreciate it. :)

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

This

and the following two post are in question: what is it with RSS not mentioned inside BlueSmurff.cfg ?

I don't use it so I don't know what if any special handling it needs, and no one has ever complained. Sigma based rescales don't need anything, we can read the system size from it.