[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

24 minutes ago, komodo said:

Well, who can say no to +8twr? AJ 10 would be something like the alphastar or delta upper stage? I'll tell you why for me at least: Shrouds. It's a vanilla failing that you only get one size barring part wizardry. I don't know how bad that wizardry comes out on your end. If either of those parts could do a 1.5 m shroud, I'd use that thing all the time. I could demand "FIX NAOW!", but I'm way too nice :) 

The MOL version, got it. If it were actually blue in game (watch it be blue and I just don't remember) I think my brain might have clicked in. Thanks much!

I usually use fairings as interstages - which, by the way, should look much nicer by the time this release is finished!

And I don't think it would be blue once it flew.

8 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I usually use fairings as interstages - which, by the way, should look much nicer by the time this release is finished!

Fair enough, I don't ever think to double use the fairings like that. As at a premium is texture space is, I won't request the blue option, as stylish as that'd be :D 

I understand Im late to the game, but this is mod is fantastic! I tried making a donation through paypal, but it wont let me for some reason. I have donated many many many times to modders this way. Im not sure what the problem is.

EDIT: just to add, I sent a donation through paypal to another modder(LinuxGuru) just now. It worked with no problem, so something is not right.

Edited by viperwolf

On 4/7/2018 at 8:56 AM, notJebKerman said:

So the timing for the stream wasn't quite right for me... How did it go?

Went alright. Mostly was messing around with the bottom of the Big G and trying to figure out how it all goes together. I'm tempted to make the whole SM (meaning the conical part and then the bottom snoot) one part but I'm not sure how that will go over with people. Any thoughts?

I also started modeling something else I've been meaning to get to for some time, but nobody commented about it so I'll keep it under wraps until there is more to show :)

On a slightly related note, in addition to more RL stuff going on than usual, I have been doing some work for other mods. One of which was @bcink's awesome Altair/Artemis pack, Making Alternate History, which just released! So, that is why BDB may be a bit more quiet than usual. Additionally, some *very* helpful people have been contributing to getting more updated craft files and getting content ready for the wiki. Hopefully that means in the future BDB will become more user friendly and welcoming to newer players.

16 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Taken using the Before Kerbin planet pack in KSP 1.3.1 and BDB 1.4.2

Little bit hard to see but I trust you :wink:

5 hours ago, viperwolf said:

I understand Im late to the game, but this is mod is fantastic! I tried making a donation through paypal, but it wont let me for some reason. I have donated many many many times to modders this way. Im not sure what the problem is.

EDIT: just to add, I sent a donation through paypal to another modder(LinuxGuru) just now. It worked with no problem, so something is not right.

Hrmm. And I just (within the last month) received a donation through the link. What exactly was the issue?

On 4/7/2018 at 1:09 AM, CobaltWolf said:

There is a mod that makes shrouds like interstages. Forget the name of it at the moment. Something decouplers.

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Went alright. Mostly was messing around with the bottom of the Big G and trying to figure out how it all goes together. I'm tempted to make the whole SM (meaning the conical part and then the bottom snoot) one part but I'm not sure how that will go over with people. Any thoughts?

I also started modeling something else I've been meaning to get to for some time, but nobody commented about it so I'll keep it under wraps until there is more to show :)

On a slightly related note, in addition to more RL stuff going on than usual, I have been doing some work for other mods. One of which was @bcink's awesome Altair/Artemis pack, Making Alternate History, which just released! So, that is why BDB may be a bit more quiet than usual. Additionally, some *very* helpful people have been contributing to getting more updated craft files and getting content ready for the wiki. Hopefully that means in the future BDB will become more user friendly and welcoming to newer players.

Great! That mod is amazing. Can't wait to start using it in my main career save once I switch to 1.4.2...

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

On a slightly related note, in addition to more RL stuff going on than usual, I have been doing some work for other mods. One of which was @bcink's awesome Altair/Artemis pack, Making Alternate History, which just released! 

Yaaaaaaaaaaaas!

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

hrmm. And I just (within the last month) received a donation through the link. What exactly was the issue?

Not sure what the deal is, it just wont allow me to complete the donation. Can you PM me your email link to paypal and ill try that way?

On 4/8/2018 at 9:52 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Hrmm. And I just (within the last month) received a donation through the link. What exactly was the issue?

On 4/8/2018 at 3:51 AM, viperwolf said:

I just tried the link and it worked for me. 

45 minutes ago, HooHungLow said:

I just tried the link and it worked for me. 

I just sent it using his paypal address through my paypal. Not sure why the other way did not work, when it worked for everyone else. Anyway, it does not matter , he has the donation now :-)

16 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

I've been playing around with the new TU configs, a lot of potential there.

Yeah unfortunately the specular maps for BDB at too high contrast for PBR workflows, which tend to be more straightforward definitions of materials instead of trying to get lots of contrast.

Rest assured I have been working on stuff lately, though not as fast as I'd like! Going to have some good stuff coming up, hopefully after I get some work done tonight I'll have something worth sharing pictures of. :)

In the meantime, because I likely won't have much on Github for a bit still, please check out these awesome mods that have come out recently:

I know this is probably answered somewhere but I can't find it. Is there a way to launch the Hokulani in one piece like in real life or do I have to dock the telescope part? If its an obvious answer I am just asking for a friend then. 

Just now, sp1989 said:

I know this is probably answered somewhere but I can't find it. Is there a way to launch the Hokulani in one piece like in real life or do I have to dock the telescope part? If its an obvious answer I am just asking for a friend then. 

For gameplay reasons I decided not to make the swinging truss. Typically I launch with it docked to the top node, and then once it's in orbit I undock > redock.