[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

11 minutes ago, HooHungLow said:

What tank are you using for the Delta III Upper stage? Looks great, but you should really get Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. Struts are so 2012. 

is anyone else experiencing problems with the Saturn V parts for some reason offsetting into each other when you launch it?

2 hours ago, LightBender said:

is anyone else experiencing problems with the Saturn V parts for some reason offsetting into each other when you launch it?

Are you by chance using the SaturnMB config? Becuase if you in turn use the S-IVC from there it's currently borked.

10 hours ago, G'th said:

Are you by chance using the SaturnMB config? Becuase if you in turn use the S-IVC from there it's currently borked.

What problems is there in the SaturnMB config? And I don't think so.

Edited by LightBender

19 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Really hoping for the S-ICD soon. Really want a Saturn V Atlas Style. 

Eh...

On 4/14/2018 at 6:12 PM, Kerbal01 said:

atlas 3 pants!

Facebook-7ece30.png

13 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

Here is my stab at it.

7 hours ago, StarStreak2109 said:

Where did you get that DCSS?!? Or how did you build it?

Oooh, Hoo's is real nice...

14 hours ago, LightBender said:

11 hours ago, G'th said:

1 hour ago, LightBender said:

What problems is there in the SaturnMB config? And I don't think so.

Is the SaturnMB.cfg still on the GitHub? It should be removed, there are actual models (not MM configs) for those parts now.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Is the SaturnMB.cfg still on the GitHub? It should be removed, there are actual models (not MM configs) for those parts now.

and now everything seems to be my fault :sticktongue:

Last time I saw, all parts that exist now are commented, the only active is the resized SRB.

So, I'm trimming down the number of mod parts I have installed. I don't use too much more than the engines and antennas from BDB normally. I'm looking to remove the tanks since I don't use them at all. Are all the tank configs and dds labeled as such? Are there any other names you use for the tanks? Are there any shared dds files I need to avoid?

P.S. Well, I just noticed the build instructions. Now I have to add BDB to my clean install and play around with some real rocket analogs... once I get my mod list under control.  

6 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

So, I'm trimming down the number of mod parts I have installed. I don't use too much more than the engines and antennas from BDB normally. I'm looking to remove the tanks since I don't use them at all. Are all the tank configs and dds labeled as such? Are there any other names you use for the tanks? Are there any shared dds files I need to avoid?

P.S. Well, I just noticed the build instructions. Now I have to add BDB to my clean install and play around with some real rocket analogs... once I get my mod list under control.  

Not sure if you have tried this, but The Janitors Closet has saved me alot of time when trimming things I dont want.  It has been a huge help for me keeping part counts down while having several mods installed.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/147463-141-end-your-parts-list-nightmare-introducing-the-janitors-closet/

37 minutes ago, viperwolf said:

Not sure if you have tried this, but The Janitors Closet has saved me alot of time when trimming things I dont want.  It has been a huge help for me keeping part counts down while having several mods installed.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/147463-141-end-your-parts-list-nightmare-introducing-the-janitors-closet/

I know about it. It takes forever to do anything do to the amount of parts I have installed. That's my plan once I trim down the parts a reasonable amount.

2 minutes ago, HooHungLow said:

Yes. And stockalike RSB

What scale factor?

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah there's also gonna be a new Atlas V or something...

Beautiful Cobalt, very coppery :P 

Are there plans to do Atlas V SRBs or would that be another job for RSB?

@CobaltWolf if it is possible for you to revamp the Gemini SM and make the Retrograde and Adapter Sections, could you also make the RCS more accurate? 

EDIT:

BTW, I do not care what-so-ever if you can't/don't want to do this because I understand. :) 

Edited by Barzon Kerman

2 hours ago, TheRedTom said:

Are there plans to do Atlas V SRBs or would that be another job for RSB?

Flips notes Alright let's see... yeah the SRBs are getting done. 2.5m>1.875m interstage is getting redone. A new 2.5m>3.125m combo interstage adapter/fairing base (god I hope it works...) is getting added. The extended Centaur tanks that are in the mod (also by @PickledTripod, as it happens) are getting their textures redone and they will be available in white and orange foam.

1 hour ago, Barzon Kerman said:

@CobaltWolf if it is possible for you to revamp the Gemini SM and make the Retrograde and Adapter Sections, could you also make the RCS more accurate? 

EDIT:

BTW, I do not care what-so-ever if you can't/don't want to do this because I understand. :) 

Yeah, probably not going to happen. Not because I don't want to, trust me I do (which means this doesn't really exclude it just suddenly appearing here on the thread one day as a screenshot) it's just a matter of prioritizing time. And, at the end of the day, the current SM works and isn't atrociously ugly. :P

Just now, Kerbal01 said:

flat,800x800,075,t.u3.jpg

4 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

Will you include the icy version?

I actually very quickly experimented with it and couldn't get an effect I liked. In any case, that would be pretty excessive on RAM since the Atlas V is using a 4K texture (that includes the tank, engine shrouds, srbs, interstages...)