[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

This is a set of stockalike Real Fuels configs for (I think) every liquid fuel engine in the pack. Other than Isp adjustments no parts are rebalanced so the general feel of the mod is maintained. The biggest difference is Centaur with the switch to the much less dense hydrogen fuel. Note that this is not for Realism Overhaul - that's another project - and does nothing if it's installed. Real Fuels with the stockalike config is required for this to do anything.

Also includes a patch for the Mercury retro pack to make it a plain solid fuel engine, but one that can be shutdown early. Use the right click menu to shut it down.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tnv93a8opcjt00/BDB_RealFuels_StockAlike.zip?dl=0

3 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Hey Bluedog

Can you make Collidiers to the Boosters to attach Launchclamps?

That... sounds like something that should be there already.

Anyways! Here are some RP configs for the 4 new engines. Again, mostly for Cobalt to include them in the next download, which will probably be the next official release.

4 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Hey Bluedog

Can you make Collidiers to the Boosters to attach Launchclamps?

53 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

That... sounds like something that should be there already.

Anyways! Here are some RP configs for the 4 new engines. Again, mostly for Cobalt to include them in the next download, which will probably be the next official release.

I forgot to set them in the first Delta dev release. They were set in the one last night.

Thanks for the RP configs, I just downloaded them.

I forgot to set them in the first Delta dev release. They were set in the one last night.

Thanks for the RP configs, I just downloaded them.

Thank you Bluedog. My latest Version was 0.1.19.

With 0.1.21a the Delta-Boosters are OK. But you forget Collidiers of the Thor-Dioscuri Boosters.:wink:

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Thank you Bluedog. My latest Version was 0.1.19.

With 0.1.21a the Delta-Boosters are OK. But you forget Collidiers of the Thor-Dioscuri Boosters.:wink:

I decided that the Dioscuri boosters were too small to warrant allowing surface attach but I can change that.

Also, on a more general note, the PF parts will not be included in the next official release, mostly because they're still experimental.

EDIT:

10 hours ago, Jso said:

This is a set of stockalike Real Fuels configs for (I think) every liquid fuel engine in the pack. Other than Isp adjustments no parts are rebalanced so the general feel of the mod is maintained. The biggest difference is Centaur with the switch to the much less dense hydrogen fuel. Note that this is not for Realism Overhaul - that's another project - and does nothing if it's installed. Real Fuels with the stockalike config is required for this to do anything.

Also includes a patch for the Mercury retro pack to make it a plain solid fuel engine, but one that can be shutdown early. Use the right click menu to shut it down.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tnv93a8opcjt00/BDB_RealFuels_StockAlike.zip?dl=0

Saw this when I woke up but forgot to comment. So does this include things like Ullage requirement, limited ignitions, etc? If so you've made my day haha.

EDIT2: Wanted to get my thoughts organized a bit, so I wrote down as much as I could think of for things coming in the next update. Juno, Diamant, Gemini, and probes. Yum yum yum. I've put the tentative list in a pastebin for anyone interested. Please note the list is not final.

Edited by CobaltWolf

18 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

See you to the next stream !

Trains still aren't running here so my plans are, again, cancelled. I might start UV unwrapping the new stuff, but it'll probably still mostly be modeling.

Edited by CobaltWolf

Another gift from your unofficial screenshot guy. Daleth II (Ruby) launch, complete with a custom made launch tower.

For those wondering, the 1st stage sep motors are just sepatrons clipped into the long radial air intakes at 50% scale. BTW, Editor extensions gave me the ability to place 9 radial boosters, if you were wondering how I did it.

Edited by Sgt.Shutesie
Adding Stuff

3 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Another gift from your unofficial screenshot guy. Daleth II (Ruby) launch, complete with a custom made launch tower.

For those wondering, the 1st stage sep motors are just sepatrons clipped into the long radial air intakes at 50% scale. 

Very cool! I will probably include one or two of the images of Delta / Daleth in the OP album - I don't feel comfortable adding too much of the probe since it has RLA Stockalike parts and I don't want to give people the impression that those parts are included! :)

If I could make some more requests - If you could make small albums of the canon versions of each launcher so that I can pick a screenshot of each to put in the OP, similar to how @Beale has in the Tantares OP. Off the top of my head:

• Mercury Redstone (I believe you've done this already?)
  • Mercury Atlas
  • Vanguard Able
  • Thor Able
  • Thor Ablestar
  • Thorad Agena
  • Atlas Agena
  • Atlas Centaur
  • Titan 1 (with the warhead)
  • Titan 2 (We have this already too right?)
  • Titan 3A
  • Titan 3C
  • Titan IVA/B
  • Mercury in orbit
  • Transtage in orbit
  • Delta K in orbit
  • maybe some cool probes if you have some, but keep them all BDB parts

I just need the launch for the LVs, don't care about seeing the payload for them. :) I glanced at the album in the OP and it's about two updates old now... And I can't figure out how to get visual mods to work for taking screenshots :P

13 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

• Mercury Redstone (I believe you've done this already?)
  • Mercury Atlas
  • Vanguard Able
  • Thor Able
  • Thor Ablestar
  • Thorad Agena
  • Atlas Agena
  • Atlas Centaur
  • Titan 1 (with the warhead)
  • Titan 2 (We have this already too right?)
  • Titan 3A
  • Titan 3C
  • Titan IVA/B
  • Mercury in orbit
  • Transtage in orbit
  • Delta K in orbit
  • maybe some cool probes if you have some, but keep them all BDB parts

You have so many things now, I think I am a few dev versions behind... Excellent work!

We have an in silo launch of Titan II ICBM. I'll mock up a Titan II thing for the gemini capsule.

These are the launches of BDB LV so far, I'll add them in as I do them. I think I can put them all together by the end of today.

Titan II ICBM: http://imgur.com/a/9DUeF

Delta II Ruby Sat: http://imgur.com/a/uXiAz

Hermes Sandstone: http://imgur.com/a/b0Hvp

Atlas Thor Daleth: http://imgur.com/a/yXUOj

1 hour ago, Beale said:

You have so many things now, I think I am a few dev versions behind... Excellent work!

I tried listing all the parts for the >>next>> update (not the one that is releasing soon) and I stopped around 50 parts in T.T The upcoming update is probably about the same, probably more if you count the fact that Thor was completely redone. There's just so much I want to do so I push so hard to finish what I'm working on so I can start on the next thing. On top of that, my social plans have had an annoying habit of falling apart since coming back from winter break so this is just what I do most evenings now. :P

EDIT: So, recently something was mentioned that I've been considering lately. Would there be any interest in creating a Patreon for BDB? It would probably be on a release basis (though I try and do releases about monthly) and naturally I'd redouble my efforts to make updates as polished as possible. I'm curious if there is anyone here that would be interested in contributing. Obviously all the releases for BDB (including dev releases) would still be freely available through the normal means. I'd just appreciate some help getting bills paid :)

Edited by CobaltWolf

7 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Doesn't it make more sense to use the 1.875m Muo fairing base? That's why I didn't include a true 1.875m fairing base for Titan.

For some reason, I chose the Promtheus II base because, in terms of cosmetics, it had the darkest-coloured fairing.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Trains still aren't running here so my plans are, again, cancelled. I might start UV unwrapping the new stuff, but it'll probably still mostly be modeling.

^^ Stream will start in roughly an hour.

I counted out all the things that are listed as being made for BDB 0.1 update... it totals OVER 100 NEW PARTS. Meanwhile, BDB 0.09 (the upcoming one) has I believe >50 new parts if you count the Thor parts as being new. So, yeah. Part bloat. I'll have to figure out some new methods to keep the mod organized.

Edited by CobaltWolf