[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

5 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

You're absolutely right, and I apologise for my quite unfair tone. Yesterday took a rather ugly turn and I let it get the better of me.

An excellent source of information on virtual every space vehicle flown (and even some that never made it off the drawing board) can be found at Encyclopedia Astronautica. Be forewarned that you can lose several hours of your day once you start poking around there. NASA's archives are an especially rich source, right down to the individual flight plans if you're of a mind to recreate historical missions.

Thanks (for the apology and the info) it won't be the first time I've lost hours researching some topic tied to my KSP obsession :)

So, I'm looking at what would be required to add a Kerbalism patch for BDB. Does the various Service Modules for Gemini and Apollo need the iinclusion of food/oxygen (Kerbalism's LS resources) is that only found in the capsule. I'm not looking for what the historical vision of these would be but instead what @CobaltWolf, @VenomousRequiem, etc have in mind.

4 minutes ago, Daelkyr said:

So, I'm looking at what would be required to add a Kerbalism patch for BDB. Does the various Service Modules for Gemini and Apollo need the iinclusion of food/oxygen (Kerbalism's LS resources) is that only found in the capsule. I'm not looking for what the historical vision of these would be but instead what @CobaltWolf, @VenomousRequiem, etc have in mind.

Hey, hey, I was talking about making Kerbalism configs for BDB just earlier with Cobalt and Jso. If you want to do it, it'd probably turn out better. :P

I rarely say I hate things and actually mean it, but I legitimately hate the KSP forums on mobile. Let it be known it took me 5 minutes to get rid of a quote from days ago that was stuck in the text field to make this post. 

I ran an ASTP mission a bit earlier (holy cats, it's LATE!) with the current github Apollo config aboard a Saturn 1c (my own concoction using SSTU). 

yNlIeGP.png?1

Everything went bang on perfect. What isn't stable about the CSM that isn't permitting release? I've got a rather personal investment in the Apollo programme, so I'd like to help out where I can.

2 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

I ran an ASTP mission a bit earlier (holy cats, it's LATE!) with the current github Apollo config aboard a Saturn 1c (my own concoction using SSTU). 

yNlIeGP.png?1

Everything went bang on perfect. What isn't stable about the CSM that isn't permitting release? I've got a rather personal investment in the Apollo programme, so I'd like to help out where I can.

It's mostly the textures. They still lack a normal map and a proper specular map IIRC, as well as I think the parachute issue. It should probably wait until the S-IVb and LEM are completely finished too. 

Update:

For those of you wondering how my little sounding rocket project is going: ...slowly. On top of everything that's been happening in real life, I don't actually know how to do a lot of things in Maya, AND I don't know how to use Unity. However, I DID make a little Aerobee Jr. engine for a liquid stage if you'd fancy. 

TZSA6uA.jpg

Edited by VenomousRequiem

For some reason the mercury parchute and mini sample return capsule parchutes spawn opened in the vab and when you go outside the vab they are still deployed and kinda "frozen" and there are no options for controlling the parachute (deploy the parachute or control the deployment altitude for example) and also when you choose the mercury one in the vab it says in the debug menu "[Error]: Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler"

On 8/6/2016 at 11:02 AM, AHO said:

Beginning IVA modeling for the Hermes interior! I didn't get much time to work on it last week but I'll update with pictures shortly once I've got the basic layout done.

This got lost in the shuffle - that's awesome to hear!

Any word on the Kerbalism module update? I also noticed for a contract to test fire the Lios SRB, but as the game loaded to the pad my thrust levels would not go to the defaulted 50 or so percent (TBH, I couldn't move the trust at all); I did have the appropriate probe core, batteries, etc... so is this a small bug?

3 hours ago, Abrecan said:

Any word on the Kerbalism module update? I also noticed for a contract to test fire the Lios SRB, but as the game loaded to the pad my thrust levels would not go to the defaulted 50 or so percent (TBH, I couldn't move the trust at all); I did have the appropriate probe core, batteries, etc... so is this a small bug?

Wait I'm confused, the SRB didn't reach appropriate thrust to complete the contract?

35 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Wait I'm confused, the SRB didn't reach appropriate thrust to complete the contract?

You know how during physics load the thrust bar goes to around 50 or so? the physics seemed to load, but the thrust bar did not move, nor could I increase/decrease thrust levels by pressing the shift/crtl buttons.

53 minutes ago, Abrecan said:

You know how during physics load the thrust bar goes to around 50 or so? the physics seemed to load, but the thrust bar did not move, nor could I increase/decrease thrust levels by pressing the shift/crtl buttons.

Wait, so you can't control liquid fueled engines thrusts' or you can't control the thrust on the SRM?