[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Ok, I've understood why the antennas weren't working. They need to be extended in the VAB before launch, otherwise you won't have any control and therefore won't be able to extend them.

I think I'll just enable the "Partial control" option since it's just a major pain in the ass to have to extend antennas in the editor: fairings need to be much larger or taller, and it just doesn't make sense to me.

9 minutes ago, Jashin said:

Ok, I've understood why the antennas weren't working. They need to be extended in the VAB before launch, otherwise you won't have any control and therefore won't be able to extend them.

I think I'll just enable the "Partial control" option since it's just a major pain in the ass to have to extend antennas in the editor: fairings need to be much larger or taller, and it just doesn't make sense to me.

I think the idea is that you put one of the smaller antennas on your upper stage for launch, and then extend your probe's antennas before you separate.

41 minutes ago, KSPNerd said:

Does this mean you might use his code module for a wet workshop??? That would be awesome!

Yes, only for the Skylab type stuff. The MOS/MOL parts weren't designed with wet workshops in mind.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

I think the idea is that you put one of the smaller antennas on your upper stage for launch, and then extend your probe's antennas before you separate.

Yeah that's what I'm assuming too. I just wish there were more practical options since I am now required to have an ugly antenna extended somewhere on my vessel to have control, whereas in reality all the launch procedure would be automated up to the point where the antenna on the probe itself is extended and operational.

Just now, Jashin said:

Yeah that's what I'm assuming too. I just wish there were more practical options since I am now required to have an ugly antenna extended somewhere on my vessel to have control, whereas in reality all the launch procedure would be automated up to the point where the antenna on the probe itself is extended and operational.

To be clear, do the BDB probe cores behave differently from stock?

Not that I am aware of. From what I've seen, it's the same whatever the probe/antenna: if you check the "No partial control" option, you will have to extend the antenna in the editor prior to launch, or you won't have any control on the launchpad. And it makes fairings unbelievable tedious to make and quite ugly, since you have to account for the extra space needed for the antenna.

The only exceptions I've seen so far are:

• the new version of the Communotron (it's already extended and there's no toggle option)
  • the probodobodyne probe core (the octogonal one) which has a built-in antenna with no toglle as well

Basically if you could make the BDB probe cores behave in the same way as these two, it would be awesome for those of us who'd like to play on hard difficulty with no partial control. Currently, this "realism mode" actually requires to build your vessel in an odd way.

7 minutes ago, Jashin said:

Not that I am aware of. From what I've seen, it's the same whatever the probe/antenna: if you check the "No partial control" option, you will have to extend the antenna in the editor prior to launch, or you won't have any control on the launchpad. And it makes fairings unbelievable tedious to make and quite ugly, since you have to account for the extra space needed for the antenna.

The only exceptions I've seen so far are:

• the new version of the Communotron (it's already extended and there's no toggle option)
  • the probodobodyne probe core (the octogonal one) which has a built-in antenna with no toglle as well

Basically if you could make the BDB probe cores behave in the same way as these two, it would be awesome for those of us who'd like to play on hard difficulty with no partial control. Currently, this "realism mode" actually requires to build your vessel in an odd way.

It sounds like it's based on RemoteTech, in which case, just get in the habit of slapping a dipole on your upper stage.

Got it!

In the meantime I've discovered that the Belle TRU telemetry unit and a few other probe cores ("Pog", "Rorat", "Amba", etc.) behave in the same way as the stock Probodobodyne: that's exactly what I needed, that is, an inline antenna of sorts that can relay a signal until I'm in LKO. Then I can ditch the fairings, extend the antenna of my new satellite and it's all good.

It turns out I was mistaken by the "Rorat" probe core: I assumed it needed an external antenna to work, whereas it just needed some batteries...I assumed all the probe cores were the same. My bad!

To sum it up, all your probe cores with non-toggleable antennas will work perfectly while using this difficulty setting.

The fuel switching, the bleeding edge version ought to offer LFO/LH2O switching on all our tanks as is. This is with the more clutzy interface at the moment, but it's there. Adding a monoprop profile should be straightforward. I do not know the current status of B9partswitch, though; I don't think the switchover is complete yet :( 

I just dropped a PR on teh githubz regarding the fuel switching. If someone could look/play it over and let me know how it goes, that'd be great. I think it is getting there, but it's late and testing is limited.

Also, Vega Tax: a3OJjg6.pngFull (short) album Here. (Featuring Franken-Rockets all new "Toolman-style MOAR POWER" Model booster.)

On 25/10/2016 at 2:52 AM, VenomousRequiem said:

Llrr0nR.jpg

raw

(*_*)

Shiny!!!

I had to change my PC too (today I'm starting my runs around pc retailers here in Italy :P)...

... as I'm pretty rusted on today knowledge about the best buck-hardware (... I started to build my first pc based on a 486, 25 years ago... I build my last one in... uhm... when it was "the best" having dualcore cpu -around 2000's...)...
I need some advice in this modern day, 16 years after! *_*
(Directed to ANYONE, please :P) Can you help this poor 40 y.o. caveman to make a "wishlist" of PC hardware parts in this modern days??? PrrrrettyPlease

56 minutes ago, Araym said:

(*_*)

Shiny!!!

I had to change my PC too (today I'm starting my runs around pc retailers here in Italy :P)...

... as I'm pretty rusted on today knowledge about the best buck-hardware (... I started to build my first pc based on a 486, 25 years ago... I build my last one in... uhm... when it was "the best" having dualcore cpu -around 2000's...)...
I need some advice in this modern day, 16 years after! *_*
(Directed to ANYONE, please :P) Can you help this poor 40 y.o. caveman to make a "wishlist" of PC hardware parts in this modern days??? PrrrrettyPlease

Ayyy, PM me and I'll help out. As soon as I get sat down in a couple hours we'll work you up a nice PC. :P

1 hour ago, IronCretin said:

Can we have LF-only configs too? I want my nuclear Saturns.

9 minutes ago, minepagan said:

I'm sure Cobalt will include your cfgs if you PM him the files!

OR you could do it yourself! that's to be read in an excited tone, not  a rude tone

b497b323fe.png

You could go into the part.cfg of the tank you want to be hydrolox again, and delete the highlighted lines and then remove the forward slashes in front of the  RESOURCE with the liquid fuel values in it.

As for the engine:

5e827ba618.png

You could change where it says "LqdHydrogen" to "LiquidFuel" and the ratio under LqdHydrogen from 15 to, IIRC, 0.9.

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

@VenomousRequiem they're saying that they want to add templates for the WBT tank switching. I'm trying to resolve it with the still-not-merged pull request that @komodo made last night; I haven't been able to test it yet.

Oh, whoops, I misread! We already have the LFO balance, just need to stuff it into a WBT config, yeah?

16 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Oh, whoops, I misread! We already have the LFO balance, just need to stuff it into a WBT config, yeah?

Right. The code JSO did for the "generics" works well, but only catches "only LFO/LH2O" tanks. Since the service modules have MP as well, I had to do a new config node for them, which didn't need to account for the generic volume. Through that method, it is easy to set them to w/e is needed. It's just brutally tedious for many parts, thus the "generics".

There are a couple features I would like to find, although they may be not possible. Setting a non-full default for a tank in the generic sense would be handy. I also don't know yet why the switching isn't working in the editor only: the only thing I can think of is that the config field is case sensitive. I made that change, but haven't tested it yet. (2 AM-itus disease :P )

56 minutes ago, PickledTripod said:

I made a thing with your American parts, but it has a weird smell of kommunism stuck to it...

Well done! ((Молодец! ))

Edited by sjwt
Added translation.

57 minutes ago, PickledTripod said:

I made a thing with your American parts, but it has a weird smell of kommunism stuck to it...

i8F4yg5.png

That looks amazing. But how many radiators does it need to keep all of the heat from showing

Edited by sjwt
removed quote and allso "you know, because in KSP, hot things turn red??? Get it!?!>"