[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

14 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

A whole 6 months after I first suggested something may have been coming, it's finally here!

This cinematic was intended to be used alongside the 1.0 release, when the Saturn V was initially released, but better late than never, right?

That was amazing visually... but the audio mix from like 1:35 onward is... less than ideal. The music completely drowns out President Kennedy's speech. I can understand the NASA ground control audio being quieter than the music, but the speech seems too important to be drowned out by the music...

23 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

That was amazing visually... but the audio mix from like 1:35 onward is... less than ideal. The music completely drowns out President Kennedy's speech. I can understand the NASA ground control audio being quieter than the music, but the speech seems too important to be drowned out by the music...

yeah, I've had other people say that, but this was largely my intention - the driving force of the movie for me was the music (could be because I'm a musician, or because I like the track, or because the track was in there first, or a multitude of other reasons), so I wanted that to build and drive what was on screen. The balance may be slightly off, yes, but my intention was not to have the speech be the dominant part, but more of a sub-tone, or part of a soundscape, led by the music

Edited by MrMeeb

11 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

Thanks for all the love everyone!

Everything but the crew bridge worked fine. When decoupling the crew bridge it applied weird force to the rocket that jammed it in a weird position, so I just made a second instance of the craft with the bridge retracted 

good to know, thanks! I thought I recalled something like that but couldn't remember if it was the clamps or bridge or both

10 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

yeah, I've had other people say that, but this was largely my intention - the driving force of the movie for me was the music (could be because I'm a musician, or because I like the track, or because the track was in there first, or a multitude of other reasons), so I wanted that to build and drive what was on screen. The balance may be slightly off, yes, but my intention was not to have the speech be the dominant part, but more of a sub-tone, or part of a soundscape, led by the music

I wouldnt have even said anything but... if you didnt want the speech to be to be the dominant part, naming the video 'We choose to go to the Moon' evokes a different expectation, considering that is one of the most evocative lines from the speech.

8 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

I wouldnt have even said anything but... if you didnt want the speech to be to be the dominant part, naming the video 'We choose to go to the Moon' evokes a different expectation, considering that is one of the most evocative lines from the speech.

I only called it that because I was looking for something more exciting than 'BDB Trailer' :wink: 

Is that second picture a close-up of Joseph Merrick (a.k.a.the "Elephant Man") as a Kerbal? 

Edited by Jack Wolfe

Forgot to pay my screenshot tax... sorry for the slow progress on this revamp. The urge to spend hours tweaking invidiual parts is too strong... I feel that another evening of work may see the 'earlyRockets' parts completed. I'm also sorry for not making Github commits so people can see the new textures firsthand, I'll try and rectify that soon and get some initial uploads of things as they're finished

Again, I'd just like to ask if anyone has any particular parts they hate that they'd like to see me put some particular work into, or if there are any serious parts that are missing (someone has pointed out a 2.5m to 1.875m adapter other than the Centaur one).

BAlZjL8.png

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Forgot to pay my screenshot tax... sorry for the slow progress on this revamp. The urge to spend hours tweaking invidiual parts is too strong... I feel that another evening of work may see the 'earlyRockets' parts completed. I'm also sorry for not making Github commits so people can see the new textures firsthand, I'll try and rectify that soon and get some initial uploads of things as they're finished

Again, I'd just like to ask if anyone has any particular parts they hate that they'd like to see me put some particular work into, or if there are any serious parts that are missing (someone has pointed out a 2.5m to 1.875m adapter other than the Centaur one).

What about Diamant stuff to conclude early rockets ? :P

Edited by DiscoSlelge

Just now, DiscoSlelge said:

What about Diamant stuff to conclude early rockets ? :P

That and Juno are both in separate folders. These are literally in the 'earlyRockets' folder since they all take from the same texture sheets. :P

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

IMO there's a lack of nosecones.

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Does the license permits to change the textures of the launch clamps?

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

We can stretch the Centaur D with Centaur T parts to make an Atlas V Centaur, but it looks crappy.

An interstage/wide fairing base for the Atlas 500 series. Same for Titan IV.

3 hours ago, IronCretin said:

Can you make a version of the Thor engine with a 15% narrower bell and no tankbutt for a proposed variant?

What about a Centaur with slightly lower isp and a barely smaller bell to represent a random prototype?

11 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

On a more serious note, how about a 3.75m-1.875m interstage for the Juno-V? Or a 1.5 and 1.875m version of the redstone launch clamps?

Also....what about fixing shrouds on the engines with adjustable tank butts (like the LH2 Titan) so you can use them for upper stages?

2 minutes ago, onlinegamesz said:

This mod looks really awesome, I got already pretty much mods installed and this mod is around ~230 mb, will it make my ksp slower if I also install this mod on top of all my other mods?

Part mods will put strain on the CPU and slow your game down, but it really depends on the number of part packs you use. Typically one/two large part packs and a few smaller packs is OK. I suggest, if you use a lot of part packs, is to delete the parts that you know you will never use. Or, just choose a single large part pack that mostly gives you what you want. 

24 minutes ago, onlinegamesz said:

This mod looks really awesome, I got already pretty much mods installed and this mod is around ~230 mb, will it make my ksp slower if I also install this mod on top of all my other mods?

17 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Part mods will put strain on the CPU and slow your game down, but it really depends on the number of part packs you use. Typically one/two large part packs and a few smaller packs is OK. I suggest, if you use a lot of part packs, is to delete the parts that you know you will never use. Or, just choose a single large part pack that mostly gives you what you want. 

(But you should totes install it)