[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Big Gemini: visible seam between pods (see screenshot).

ul6LddY.png

Blue Gemini:

- Maybe add a "Place retro motors in 6x symmetry, on a node adjacent to black box" to the part description? Using other nodes result in bugged placement.

- "two supplemental abort solids" on adapter module don't work. They drain fuel, the sound is here, but no thrust and visual effects.

Hmm... Is it me, or Big G's top is slightly larger than Gemini's bottom? Not only the seam - look at that red decoupler lock: on Big G it's a bit larger. Like someone shaved off a couple of centimeters.

Here's the edited screenshot (look at fullsize image):

S5iGg4y.jpg

Edited by biohazard15

5 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Big Gemini: visible seam between pods (see screenshot).

Blue Gemini:

- Maybe add a "Place retro motors in 6x symmetry, on a node adjacent to black box" to the part description? Using other nodes result in bugged placement.

- "two supplemental abort solids" on adapter module don't work. They drain fuel, the sound is here, but no thrust and visual effects.

2 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Hmm... Is it me, or Big G's top is slightly larger than Gemini's bottom? Not only the seam - look at that red decoupler lock: on Big G it's a bit larger. Like someone shaved off a couple of centimeters.

Here's the edited screenshot (look at fullsize image):

So, soon as I saw the second screenshot, I realized what it was. The attach nodes for the Big G cabin were slightly off - I just checked them and both the top and bottom needed to be adjusted. :)

re: the Gemini B SM... god its a mess right now. It needs some more work :)

Hmm, what's this...?

6Z1oyfK.png
lQQjT66.png

Oh, hey, a Gemini launch! But why does it look weird? And why is it launching from... uh, Canada?

O77cbo8.png
raOuOPi.png
eiMILsX.png
WbUmavX.png

Ah, now that makes sense... meet the Arrow! A variant of the Gemini manufactured in Canada in @e of pi's 2018 April Fool's timeline, Morning of the Maple Leaf.
The only new thing here is the service module, essentially a variant of the fused Lunar Recon SM that trades the extra fuel for a pressurized volume and docking station.
Here it is docking to something that isn't quite accurate to the Polaris station from the timeline, but ah well...

Qqrfi4o.png
uEvnvJ7.png
GrPgr10.png
FPkRifM.png
9FpDdGn.png
DzENQdE.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

On 5/31/2020 at 6:18 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Anything in particular sticking out? I was struggling with it for a bit and decided to just get it in game. There isn't really any reference for Big G since they never built a mockup with an accurate exterior.

The huge white line where it attaches, here i got it in purple

Spoiler

3fZGFN6.jpg

2 hours ago, Random Annoying Guy said:

The huge white line where it attaches, here i got it in purple

Hide contents

As stated a couple posts above, the nodes on the BigG are in need of a little TLC.  hopefully will be fixed in the next few days

51 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

As stated a couple posts above, the nodes on the BigG are in need of a little TLC.  hopefully will be fixed in the next few days

Nodes fix is already implemented.

I think he meant that line:

ew1mlYv.jpg

Personally I have no problem with it, but I can see his point - it does stand out.

59 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

Nodes fix is already implemented.

I think he meant that line:

Hide contents

ew1mlYv.jpg

Personally I have no problem with it, but I can see his point - it does stand out.

Yeah it definitely looks a bit awkward but it isn’t a big deal at all.

Space Station Freedom in complete form, from Eyes Turned Skyward, with Apollo 20 just docked. Apollo 20's crew consists of Jebediah, Bill, Bob, Valentina and Bartfal. Image was taken right at sunset, hence the low light.  

Apollo 20 is a Block IV design. (Block IV's service module is slightly longer than the Block III's service module, hence the Restock reaction wheel to elongate the service module to around correct length.)

roJIPxV.jpg

Edited by GoldForest

A beautiful shot of FSS from below and slightly behind. Shot taken from Apollo 21 CM.
E4gkUVK.jpg

A good look at the science section. 

OfTFNXi.jpg

"Kouston. This is Serenity. Apollo 21 has docked. Freedom is fully operational."
(Freedom was designed to be manned by 10 people for those wondering why it's now fully operational.)

ZVVpTjJ.jpg

Apollo 21 Crew:
Pilot: Corford
Scientist 1: Miney
Scientist 2: Merfurt
Engineer 1: Leafurt
Engineer 2: Jerberry

Edited by GoldForest

Oh no! OAO 1 has lost communications with ground control only two weeks after being deployed!
3stAE1x.png
Send in the recently designed Gemini Interceptor on a Titan IIIC!
Ho9n6Ha.png
f8ld9Ie.png
3659uQ2.png

Approach the OAO and deploy the micro Klaw!
4PhkBGW.png
87QVnUj.png
cD1n9dh.png

We have made contact! Send out Bill on an EVA to fix the satellite!
Hj7AN3k.png
G1MpTVz.png

And Bill has done it. The OAO is saved!

9 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

On the dev branch , look back a page or two. The parts are fantastic and it s really interesting to build

It is worth mentioning that you can also find all necessary parts to build a historical (and unique) Atlas SLV-3B that was used to launch it.

Speaking of unique Atlases: can anyone point me at some history of Seasat launcher, aka Atlas F\Agena D?

All I can imagine is something like this:

NASA: Whew, we finally completed that awesome satellite! We'll call it Seasat, because it scans seas, and because it's a satellite. And we've found an Agena at our backyard, so we'll use that as a bus, because it's awesome. Hey General Dynamics!

General Dynamics: Yeah?

NASA: Look at our awesome Seasat! It's made of Agena and super cool radar. Awesome, right? But that super cool radar is kinda bigger than Agena, just like OAO-1 was, so we need another SLV-3B to launch it.

GD: ...

NASA: Give us SLV-3B, please.

GD: Look guys, we really hate to break it to you, but we don't produce these anymore.

NASA: But we want SLV-3B!

GD: Tough luck. How about another Atlas-Centaur?

NASA: (drops on the floor and starts crying like 5yo child) SLV-3B! SLV-3B! WE WANT SLV-3B!!!

GD: Sigh... Hey junkyard guys, can you fetch that old Atlas ICBM in the corner, the one you use as a latrine?

Junkyard guys: Here you go. Mind the smell.

GD: Hey engineer guys, cut away that conical section, and change it to straight section, like on Atlas-Centaur. And while we're at that, take that spare interstage and put it on top.

Engineer guys: This rocket smells... anyway, we're done. Hey, where's our latrine?

NASA: SLV-3B! SLV-3B!

GD: Calm down, okay? (takes the phone and dials a number) Hey Lockheed!

Lockheed: Yo, GD!

GD: Do you have a spare Titan 33B fairing? We need it because reasons.

USAF: (whispers) Don't even think about it.

Lockheed: (whispers) Okay, okay, relax... (normal voice) Look, we can't give you an actual Titan fairing, but... hey junkyard guys! Can you fetch that old test thingy you've been using as a latrine?

Junkyard guys: Here you go. Mind the smell.

Lockheed: Here you go: almost genuine Titan 33B fairing! (notices a couple of dents, kicks fairing panels in order to smooth them) Everything is okay, just some routine maintenance.

GD: (coughs) Thanks! Hey NASA!

NASA: SLV-3B?

GD: Yes. SLV-3B. Just like you wanted. Mind the...

NASA: 10013-smiling-face-with-heart-eyes-icon.

GD: Nevermind...

On 5/31/2020 at 8:52 AM, Zorg said:

I did manage to get it into orbit with SLV3B in my flight test but my staging on the booster was close to ideal that time. I'll consider tuning it after a couple of more launches. Not 100% sure i set the engine configs back since I was in sandbox so perhaps it overperformed.

A little feedback for you ... I just grabbed the build today, and built the SLV3B in a science game. At the moment, my tree allows:  Buzzard IIE-RS56, Vulture 105-7, Belle:8096-HDA, w/sps.  With this config I was easily able to put the sat into an 820x90 orbit (JNSQ), with more than enough left in the Agena for it to deorbit.

I might even have some extra mass, I'm not positive I built it right. After BMM I put the fairing base (without building a fairing), then the Agena's straight interstage + Agena, then attached the SAF base, and added 1 segment. Is that close?

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

A little feedback for you ... I just grabbed the build today, and built the SLV3B in a science game. At the moment, my tree allows:  Buzzard IIE-RS56, Vulture 105-7, Belle:8096-HDA, w/sps.  With this config I was easily able to put the sat into an 820x90 orbit (JNSQ), with more than enough left in the Agena for it to deorbit.

I might even have some extra mass, I'm not positive I built it right. After BMM I put the fairing base (without building a fairing), then the Agena's straight interstage + Agena, then attached the SAF base, and added 1 segment. Is that close?

Given you have the 8096HDA which, if it was ever flown, was only flown on Ascent Agena (so late 1970s early 1980s Agena) yeah that is probably close to right not knowing your flight profile etc.