[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

43 minutes ago, hikerchick29 said:

Have you experienced a bug in the latest version of KSP?

I think there's a problem specifically with non-electrical category parts that have solar panels, my game is now freezing on start-up on the courier core .  was also freezing on the solar antenna

There's a bug report on Github that sounds like what you're describing. I'm still on 1.8.1 myself.

48 minutes ago, hikerchick29 said:

I think there's a problem specifically with non-electrical category parts that have solar panels, my game is now freezing on start-up on the courier core .  was also freezing on the solar antenna

Well... it’s not rated for 1.10 yet.

sorry, this is probably unimportant, but the "Prometheus-IIIB 1.875m Adapter Interstage" is labeled as being for the Prometheus 23B and 33B variants, whereas it should be for the 23B and 24B variants. 

The "Prometheus-IIIB-FB 1.875m Adapter Faring Base" does have the correct description.

Edited by Mountain Parrot

43 minutes ago, Jso said:

There's a bug report on Github that sounds like what you're describing. I'm still on 1.8.1 myself.

there seems to be a problem with drag cubes or something made that report just for feature reference, that's on 1.7.0 dev will have to wait for that to be updated

7 hours ago, hikerchick29 said:

You can find and delete/hide that specific part, and the rest of the mod loads. Can't say how functional everything is, but it loads! :D

55 minutes ago, derega16 said:

How do you deal with boil off for Nuclear shuttle?

The restock plus engine used the stock method of liquid fuel, so I took that route. I haven't installed Nert's atomic rockets or cryo engines pack yet.

After installing Bluedog Design Bureau (1.6.2_hotfix_2 for KSP 1.8), I'm geting the following critical exception, halting KSP startup (KSP 1.10)

[LOG 11:31:09.208] PartLoader: Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Antennas/bluedog_solarAntenna/bluedog_solarAntenna' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 11:31:09.208] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[LOG 11:31:09.210] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'bluedog.solarAntenna'
[EXC 11:31:09.241] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) (at <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0)
	DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () (at <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0)
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

any ideas how to fix?

Edited by FreeThinker

1 minute ago, FreeThinker said:

After installing BDDB I'm geting the following critical exception, halting KSP startup (KSP 1.10)

[LOG 11:31:09.208] PartLoader: Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Antennas/bluedog_solarAntenna/bluedog_solarAntenna' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 11:31:09.208] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[LOG 11:31:09.210] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'bluedog.solarAntenna'
[EXC 11:31:09.241] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) (at <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0)
	DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () (at <c168e21ec56346b082f89043e76162e1>:0)
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

any ideas how to fix?

Yep , it' s incompatible with 1.10 , as are most mods right now

10 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

The folks over at Kopernicus Continued have released a public beta. JNSQ has been running fine for me under 1.10 for several builds now. Hoping this has a snowball effect on mods :)

Modders work at their own paces. Don't expect it to "snowball" because there's no reason for a snowball effect.

On top of that, quite a few mods rely on other mods. BDB relies on B9partswitch for instance. So Cobalt has to wait for B9 to update before he can proceed for example.

Edited by GoldForest

Just in anticipation of the new Centaur

screen_2560x1920_2020-07-09_16-18-43.png

screenshot15.png?width=1535&height=863

SLV3B/OAO shroud, SLV3B standalone (none historical), Atlas Centaur long shroud derived from SLV3B used for OAO 2 initially and then other stuff.

Edited by Zorg

3 hours ago, BYTE.mp3 said:

This still works for 1.10, but it gets stuck loading on the solar antenna part. I deleted it, and it loads perfectly fine.

If a part won't load, that means BDB does not work. Yes, even if you found a workaround.

Semantics aside...

It's clear that the mod suite *itself* isn't ready for 1.10, but it's fun to play with the parts that do work in the meantime. Plus, it could slow down the "1.10 WHEN?" posts if gentle workarounds are offered.

Hello @CobaltWolf

Once my main rocks use this mod, and this mod is loved by the community, I was trying to understand the problem in KSP 1.10 that made it crash.

A "cave man fix": (to avoid the crash and allow it to compile/run on KSP1.10)

• I have done a git clone (1minute)
  • Setup the BDB.csproj and BDB.sln to compile (2minutes)
  • Removed the problematic part (like a cave man):
  1.   removing/renaming file: Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Bluedog_DB\Parts\Antennas\bluedog_solarAntenna.cfg_

... and just work really fine at least apparently :) the last release was 9 months ago :(

Hello @FreeThinker

you also have done a similar question about this mod a few days ago, I hope this solution, helps.

Edited by pmborg

16 hours ago, pmborg said:

Hello @CobaltWolf

Once my main rocks use this mod, and this mod is loved by the community, I was trying to understand the problem in KSP 1.10 that made it crash.

A "cave man fix": (to avoid the crash and allow it to compile/run on KSP1.10)

• I have done a git clone (1minute)
  • Setup the BDB.csproj and BDB.sln to compile (2minutes)
  • Removed the problematic part (like a cave man):
  1.   removing/renaming file: Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Bluedog_DB\Parts\Antennas\bluedog_solarAntenna.cfg_

Wouldn 't it just be easier to just wait for BDB to update to 1.10 , or use a compatible version instead of 1.10 ?

On 7/10/2020 at 2:29 PM, BYTE.mp3 said:

This still works for 1.10, but it gets stuck loading on the solar antenna part. I deleted it, and it loads perfectly fine.

22 hours ago, pmborg said:

removing/renaming file: Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Bluedog_DB\Parts\Antennas\bluedog_solarAntenna.cfg_

Sorry, not going to touch this.  I have quite enough on my plate, and @CobaltWolf is fully capable of fixing it, whatever is wrong.

Usually when that happens it's because there is a missing resource of some sort, but for an antenna, I couldn't begin to guess.  Without the log file either, it's just not worth guessing.  At least with a log file, an educated guess might be made.

Only exception would be if @CobaltWolf himself asked me to look into it.  In that case, I'd make time.

Edited by linuxgurugamer