[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

... how are you launching? I just had an explanation in the Tantares thread.

Thanks for checking out the release guys! Sorry it's been such a quiet month here, but I appreciate y'all sticking with me while I sort IRL stuff out.

Usually MechJeb launches cos I'm lazy.

If I do it manually, I gravity turn about 100m/s + pitch nose forward 10 degrees trying and keep the g-force metre in the green.

I rarely make it past 30km before she pitches over and rolls with even the slightest adjustment of pitch.

I don't feel confident to accept the job Space X offered me as launch director until I can do this... :rolleyes:

yUN2YMq.png

*5 hours of making Katurns (and two essays) later...*

What do you think? My FAVORITE creations are the (S)Katurn Is. Specifically the (P)Kegasus. The radial attachment has cut down on my parts dramatically. From 265 to 131.

WE04L0P.png

AND IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!! 

PS: This is in Sigma resized to 64k. Also, different Engine configs.

@CobaltWolf: When you get to Saturn, here's a good name for H-1: "Eagle"

PS: Why did you call Atlas engines "Muo" I never got that.

Edited by davidy12

Just now, VenomousRequiem said:

As a tribute to the MUOS spacecrafts, launched on a family of Atlas Vs.

Something about his Dad working on the satalite/MUOS project as a whole...  

Ohhh...

Funny, because I remember in a stream @CobaltWolf's dad isn't in favor of spaceflight...

PS: @VenomousRequiem: Don't mean to gloat but...

*Cough*screw it*Cough*Cough*I made a better Saturn I Cough* :sticktongue:

10 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Ohhh...

Funny, because I remember in a stream @CobaltWolf's dad isn't in favor of spaceflight...

PS: @VenomousRequiem: Don't mean to gloat but...

*Cough*screw it*Cough*Cough*I made a better Saturn I Cough* :sticktongue:

He thinks that way about science, or for things like colonizing mars. Thinks it's a waste of taxpayer money. For DoD purposes it's useful.

Edited by CobaltWolf

I made a slight, but important fix to my Japanese Deltas picture.
See the date below the white H-I with 9 strap-ons.

VjRiy5f.jpg

Notes:
-The H-Is flew with white first stages until February 1990 (H21F), when the later H-I rockets' first stages (and interstage) were painted in a (sort of) bright brown(-ish) colour.
-The rocket on the far right is photoshopped to reflect this change, although the Cryogenic Orange texture for Procedural Parts exists.
-I, for the love of life, could not get a Procedural Fuselage Fairing (which acts as the interstage) to be painted in any colour whatsoever.
-The rockets are still WIP, albeit I'm contemplating making a separate H-I mod in the future.

9 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Wait what? WHAT? WHAT??!??!?!?! Is that serious?

On topic, I am loving Diamant and Juno so far, they are both amazing.

... :confused:

I'm sorry. I thought the Roll Eyes Emoji would let everybody know the tongue was firmly in cheek when I made that comment.

:blush:

Personally I'm quite fond of BDB's Prometheus Series - though I've been strapping the Corvus Pod to the top because I like the IVA :)

Edited by Kalidor

Tiny Bug Is Tiny!

When Explorer 1 got renamed, the RT patch slipped through the crack; I would post the patch, but it's a literal single string replacement from explorerprobe to Bluedog_Explorer1.

Everything else has been golden thus far!

1 hour ago, komodo said:

Tiny Bug Is Tiny!

When Explorer 1 got renamed, the RT patch slipped through the crack; I would post the patch, but it's a literal single string replacement from explorerprobe to Bluedog_Explorer1.

Everything else has been golden thus far!

I haven't looked at RT or TweakScale stuff yet. I'll take care of it before I start making more stuff.

EDIT: I lied. Last Diamant LV part is done, the Rita SRB for the BP4 version.

Edited by CobaltWolf

On 4 March 2016 at 11:56 AM, Jso said:

Procedural Fairings for BDB parts is up. Download here.

All BDB fairing bases converted to PF bases. 1 new side shape. The two light and dark textures from Cobalt's stock fairings are converted, and two variations of a new texture by me are included. Fairing sides use Firespitter for texture switching. Select one of the Bluedog sides and use the Next/Previous Texture buttons to switch.

Not compatible with the procedural fairings from previous dev releases. Delete the GameData\Bluedog_DB\Parts\PF folder if you have one.

edit: Updated to include the original logo fairing I think made by @MeCripp

Procedural parts textures here.

I wish there was a way to bookmark posts for later :D awesome work