[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Just now, Sgt.Shutesie said:

I think the true feeling of being lonely sets in after about an hour of queen and the beatles with no one but yourself to enjoy it on the stream. *Shamelessly plugs every aspect of his twitch account*

Whats your twitch?

ill watch for ya

2 minutes ago, drekerb42 said:

thanks dude. I'm waiting silently for a great BDB innovation if you know what I mean... :sticktongue:

You'll get your Apollo, you just have to wait... 

Just now, Sgt.Shutesie said:

I think the true feeling of being lonely sets in after about an hour of queen and the beatles with no one but yourself to enjoy it on the stream. *Shamelessly plugs every aspect of his twitch account*

My internet isn't doing so well at my girlfriend's house, or I'd join you. :P

1 hour ago, drekerb42 said:

thanks dude. I'm waiting silently for a great BDB innovation if you know what I mean... :sticktongue:

@drekerb42 Dude, I mean... I find this disrespectful for the BDB, comming and said you only waiting for just apollo stuff a day after the new release ...

so

1459034451-maybe.jpg

Edited by DiscoSlelge

On 3/25/2016 at 0:44 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Well, yeah, Saturn Ullage would get made when Saturn is made...

re: Prometheus-Barbarian, it's Titan at 2.5m with a cluster of 4 LR-87s instead of 2, with appropriate tankage, second stage, etc. With SRMs it would be an alternative to Juno V or S1B.

That sounds exciting, I've been wishing for larger parts in your style. (One day I will learn to texture like that!) When you do P-B & Saturn, will you do a range of tanks like KW did, or just the exact sizes needed? 

On 3/20/2016 at 5:34 PM, VenomousRequiem said:

Wow! That was a good mission. I even took a lot of screenshots!

What atmosphere / visual mod are you running? I like it, but it isn't anything I recognize. 

1 minute ago, Spheniscine said:

I am having a small problem with the "Karrot" (Gemini analog) capsule; the EVA handlebar is pretty much useless, as Kerbals won't stay attached to it. It makes it very hard to board, especially on a surface.

It's not actually a gemini analog anymore, Beale is making that. I think this issue will be tackled next update by Cobalt, so just keep tabs on the forum, and you should get a fix.

1 hour ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

What atmosphere / visual mod are you running? I like it, but it isn't anything I recognize. 

It's just standard EVE combined with standard Scatterer!

1 minute ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

It's not actually a gemini analog anymore, Beale is making that. I think this issue will be tackled next update by Cobalt, so just keep tabs on the forum, and you should get a fix.

Who told you you could moderate. :P

5 minutes ago, Spheniscine said:

I am having a small problem with the "Karrot" (Gemini analog) capsule; the EVA handlebar is pretty much useless, as Kerbals won't stay attached to it. It makes it very hard to board, especially on a surface.

It's not actually a gemini analog anymore, Beale is making that. I think this issue will be tackled next update by Cobalt, so just keep tabs on the forum, and you should get a fix. ;)

Just now, VenomousRequiem said:

Who told you you could moderate. :P

Who told you you could speak for me. :P

4 minutes ago, Spheniscine said:

I was actually considering removing it. I was going to keep it along with a full set of parts but it seems pointless to keep the pod. I think I'd rather just keep the SM and stuff that was shown a page or two back.

Also why is everyone bringing this up to me now? I haven't touched the part since December and I know that the thing causing the issue (poor colliders setup in Unity) hasn't changed.

1 hour ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

That sounds exciting, I've been wishing for larger parts in your style. (One day I will learn to texture like that!) When you do P-B & Saturn, will you do a range of tanks like KW did, or just the exact sizes needed? 

Typically I have been splitting tankage so that it can be stacked. For example, the Titan 2 first stage is split into a long and medium segment, and the second stage is a medium-short and a short segment. That is likely what I'd do for Barbarian. For Saturn, my goal would be not to split the parts up but to make parts for every proposed Saturn variant ever. All of them. ;) So hopefully there would be a good variety for those size tanks. Though more realistically, I will lose interest in the family before I run out of designs. Especially the more extreme end of the scale...

satc12c5.gif

sat1gen.gif

satvgen.gif

saturnic_mb.png

I've been putting off doing larger rockets because generally they don't have the same appeal for me. I've never been one to go straight for the biggest / most powerful thing in any game. I tend to try and see how far I can stretch and optimize limited resources. Which is strangely at odds with the fact that I can never, ever, ever have a big enough bin of parts to choose from. With that said,the more I research Saturn (as has been slowly increasing in recent weeks) the more I'm starting to see the appeal. It's still a long way off though - minimum of three or four months. :) 

Re: Texturing, it's not that hard. I made a post over in the megathread a while back, and if you're seriously interesting I can send PSD files of some of my textures. Personally texturing is always a relaxing process for me because it means that the UV unwrapping is mostly done.

13 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I was actually considering removing it. I was going to keep it along with a full set of parts but it seems pointless to keep the pod. I think I'd rather just keep the SM and stuff that was shown a page or two back.

Also why is everyone bringing this up to me now? I haven't touched the part since December and I know that the thing causing the issue (poor colliders setup in Unity) hasn't changed.

lol I was actually just hunting around for any streamlined 2-kerbal command pod. The old K-2 command pod turned out to sink in 1.0.5's seawater, and Yarbough's pod, though pretty, is a little fat for my purposes.

Beale's Gemini seems to work fine though, and looks very similar to the Karrot; are you planning on replacing it with that?

Edited by Spheniscine

Just now, Spheniscine said:

lol I was actually just hunting around for any streamlined 2-kerbal command pod. The old K-2 command pod turned out to sink in 1.0.5's seawater, and Yarbough's pod, though pretty, is a little fat for my purposes.

Beale's Gemini seems to work fine though, and looks very similar to the Karrot.

The new Gemini he is working on or the one currently in Tantares? The Karrot was actually based on the Radish from Home Grown Rockets.

Here's a recommendation for PD source files for the CSM (Since Mercury was initially another project), I'd think your apollo would look good with this, if you just remodelled and reconfigured it. ;) 

PS: At least for the saturn I make a 260 in SRB :D 

Edited by davidy12

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Typically I have been splitting tankage so that it can be stacked. For example, the Titan 2 first stage is split into a long and medium segment, and the second stage is a medium-short and a short segment. That is likely what I'd do for Barbarian. For Saturn, my goal would be not to split the parts up but to make parts for every proposed Saturn variant ever. All of them. ;) So hopefully there would be a good variety for those size tanks. Though more realistically, I will lose interest in the family before I run out of designs. Especially the more extreme end of the scale...

tumblr_inline_msl453Msto1qz4rgp.gif

Edited by DiscoSlelge

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Who told you you could speak for me. :P

satc12c5.gif

sat1gen.gif

satvgen.gif

saturnic_mb.png

I've been putting off doing larger rockets because generally they don't have the same appeal for me. I've never been one to go straight for the biggest / most powerful thing in any game. I tend to try and see how far I can stretch and optimize limited resources. Which is strangely at odds with the fact that I can never, ever, ever have a big enough bin of parts to choose from. With that said,the more I research Saturn (as has been slowly increasing in recent weeks) the more I'm starting to see the appeal. It's still a long way off though - minimum of three or four months. :) 

Re: Texturing, it's not that hard. I made a post over in the megathread a while back, and if you're seriously interesting I can send PSD files of some of my textures. Personally texturing is always a relaxing process for me because it means that the UV unwrapping is mostly done.

Your constant drive and scope with this mod is astounding. So jealous ><

Glad to see this mod is still under (very) active development! And the Saturn work looks quite ambitious, I with you luck!

I was trying to build a Juno II - Pioneer 3 to no avail. I can't seem to get the 1/3/11 engines to go together, specifically the 3/11 to nest and decouple properly. Are there any more recent craft files where some some of these things are assembled?

I figured out the Explorer\Pioneer SRB cluster, feel free to use and modify this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cu459o8vybxbaj0/Juno%20II%20-%20Pioneer%202.craft?dl=0

The real one (Thor-Able) Pioneer II would have been overpowered, I believe.

I make a video of my flight, which will be uploaded and processed shortly:

Edited by stratochief66

12 minutes ago, stratochief66 said:

Glad to see this mod is still under (very) active development! And the Saturn work looks quite ambitious, I with you luck!

I was trying to build a Juno II - Pioneer 3 to no avail. I can't seem to get the 1/3/11 engines to go together, specifically the 3/11 to nest and decouple properly. Are there any more recent craft files where some some of these things are assembled?

I have a set of craft files that are very out dated, I will,see what I can update today. I have figured out the nesting I think, so expect to see that.

What are the real life names of the rockets so I can build them?

Edit: STREAMING ME MAKING CRAFT FILES, join in if you'd like to contribute descriptions/listen to music/help me assemble them.

Edited by Sgt.Shutesie

1 hour ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

I have a set of craft files that are very out dated, I will,see what I can update today. I have figured out the nesting I think, so expect to see that.

What are the real life names of the rockets so I can build them?

Edit: STREAMING ME MAKING CRAFT FILES, join in if you'd like to contribute descriptions/listen to music/help me assemble them.

HLR-E1 is the Explorer 1 payload, launched by a Juno I

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explorer_1

HLR-P1 is the Pioneer 1 & 2 payload, launched by a Thor-Able

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_2

HLR-P4 is the Pioneer 3 & 4 payload, launched by Juno II

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_4