CobaltWolf

[1.8.0][1.7.3] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.6.0 "титан" 25/Oct/2019)

10 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I know this is kind of late, but to me the satellites and the truss structure are too small. In all the concept artist renditions you've shown, they show the truss structure is the same width as the Transstage. And I think the real life photo in your same posts shows the truss baseplate is wider than you have it in game. 

Why the size difference?

The truss isn't a 100% match to make it flexible in KSP. The scale of the satellites etc is correct.

Some shots from last night, after the stream...

Thor / Agena A

oOefobR.png
VCbVywX.png
c4ocyY0.png
58ToMe9.png

Thrust Augmented Thor (TAT) / Agena-B

I don't believe this was a real configuration, but yeah. Note the pairs of ullage motors, one pair for each burn.

q2467tk.png
4ejaa1E.png
IixlEiH.png
izG9ShI.png
wywDnVW.png
ROpVQ2T.png
mVw9lwf.png
fmyQyUh.png
VsMY3mp.png
JXATWPO.png

Thorad / Agena-D

EI users will note that the Agena-D lacks ullage requirements, due to its unique sump tank system.

xUeEYfl.png
29iaejf.png
604ioqk.png
vtIYMbV.png
sXj350d.png
1h1tTfm.png
OZC2D6p.png
slRV1kB.png
0fPZPyk.png
7QxLB0v.png

And an extra little surprise... I want to make the Delta and Agena parts legoable. I need to make a variant of the Delta P/K texture that gives them a more traditional paint scheme.

In the meantime, enjoy these... (I know I probably need to make an even longer extension of the Delta interstage.
Though, someone also pointed out you could stick the miniskirt on the interstage node for the engine mount and that would probably be cool too!)

GTUt5Pi.png

(Because someone asked -the little thing caught in the bottom of this pic is just the Agena D Equipment Rack, it was a little too close when I took the screen)

Edited by CobaltWolf

Soo... is Thorad like a TAT crossed with a long-tank Thor? And if so, what's the difference between Thorad and Delta 0300 other than the upper stage?

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Soo... is Thorad like a TAT crossed with a long-tank Thor? And if so, what's the difference between Thorad and Delta 0300 other than the upper stage?

Thorad is the Air Force designation, stemming from the original... Douglas? I think that's who would have been making Thor at the time, stemming from a series of proposed upgrades called the "THOR ADvanced". The basic relationship in the 60s between Air Force Thor and NASA Delta development was the Air Force would pay for upgrades (Thrust augmentation, Long Tank Thor, I mean you can even think of the move from the Able type stages to the Ablestar type stages for Delta as part of this), and then once they were flying Douglas (I think) would turn and sell the upgrades to NASA for Delta. Thorad is for all intents and purposes the same as Long Tank Thor, like you said just with a different upper stage. The LTT Deltas even used some of the same interstage adapter structures and 5ft fiberglass fairing as the Agena.

15 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

1) Go to Github from link in OP

2) Click "Bluedog-Design-Bureau" link on top of the page

3) Click the "Clone or download" green button, choose "Download ZIP", download ZIP

4) Open the ZIP you just downloaded, go to "Craft Files" folder, and here you go.

You are a good person, Thank you.

wait I only wanna download the craft files, not the mod itself

I already have mod but the craft files are glitching so im tryna fix

3 minutes ago, Hadron27 said:

You are a good person, Thank you.

wait I only wanna download the craft files, not the mod itself

I already have mod but the craft files are glitching so im tryna fix

The updated craft files will be included in the next release. If you want to grab them right now without downloading the whole github master, click the link for the zip in the last comment on this thread:

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/issues/681

How is the bluedog_SpinDecoupler_p3125m (0.3125m Spin Decoupler) meant to be used?

I mean, the built in solid fuel thrusters start firing in the same moment the decoupling happens, so I could see the still firing decoupler go away - and the vessel did not get a lot of spin at all.

Is this a case for action groups?

1 minute ago, Gordon Dry said:

How is the bluedog_SpinDecoupler_p3125m (0.3125m Spin Decoupler) meant to be used?

I mean, the built in solid fuel thrusters start firing in the same moment the decoupling happens, so I could see the still firing decoupler go away - and the vessel did not get a lot of spin at all.

Is this a case for action groups?

I just set an action group to activate the spin motors shortly before depletion of the upper stage and then stage the decoupler when they burn out.

It actually looks like it's a WIP spin table. It should be a robotic part that would, on staging, unlock, spin up, then decouple. Presumably, the plugin component to allow it to do that isn't done yet.

@CobaltWolf, can you confirm or deny? :) This part really intrigues me.

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I don't believe this was a real configuration, but yeah. Note the pairs of ullage motors, one pair for each burn.

It was real. :) Thor SLV-2A Agena B. It launched the Nimbus 2 satellite and a P-102 ELINT satellite:
samos-f2__1.jpg
That's actually a Samos F2 sat, but P-102 was similar, being from the same program.

Edited by Dragon01

The spin table decoupler isn't fully functional yet.

Screenshot tax:

JugZcLm.jpg

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

The truss isn't a 100% match to make it flexible in KSP. The scale of the satellites etc is correct.

Ah, Okay. 

8 hours ago, Zorg said:

Things got a little weird.

Titan Delta Agena?