[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 7/30/2017 at 5:51 PM, CobaltWolf said:

I've stopped and started working on them several times. Can you PM me with a list of what you have? Getting it put together for at least the crewed parts (not all the solar panels) should be doable. I have the Apollo more or less done, and the capsule walls are reflective as well!

This far I only have a few simple ones of them, like the Apollo CSM and Skylab, that I use regularly in my current savegame. I will try to make a bit more for the important parts and give you a note as soon as I got more!

23 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@CobaltWolf According to the roadmap, you are near UNKNOWN now.

The roadmap was never in order. Here's a cleaned up, smaller version. This upcoming update is entirely focused on Atlas.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BOpeL6m2apuJTGwqfiHu0frGEgEdZPuWRwUxkY9cSU8/edit?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

The roadmap was never in order. Here's a cleaned up, smaller version. This upcoming update is entirely focused on Atlas.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BOpeL6m2apuJTGwqfiHu0frGEgEdZPuWRwUxkY9cSU8/edit?usp=sharing

Don't know if this was supposed to be deleted or left on the list but UA156x Nosecone is on the list, as is the INLINE version of UA156x but no mention of the 3 segment or 4 segment  side attaching UA156x 2.5m SRM.   Oh and according to the NASA SRB study for STS, the UA156 would do away with the external hydraulic tank... Rather the Hydraulics would be in the skirt (similar to the Shuttle SRB.) 

Other than that... NICELY simplified!

The Atlas D/E is coming along NICELY Cobalt!   I can't wait for all the "Why can't I attach to the side of this rocket" questions start porting in.   I have a reply already ginned up and ready to spam reply back :)

Edited by Pappystein

14 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Don't know if this was supposed to be deleted or left on the list but UA156x Nosecone is on the list, as is the INLINE version of UA156x but no mention of the 3 segment or 4 segment  side attaching UA156x 2.5m SRM.   Oh and according to the NASA SRB study for STS, the UA156 would do away with the external hydraulic tank... Rather the Hydraulics would be in the skirt (similar to the Shuttle SRB.) 

Other than that... NICELY simplified!

The Atlas D/E is coming along NICELY Cobalt!   I can't wait for all the "Why can't I attach to the side of this rocket" questions start porting in.   I have a reply already ginned up and ready to spam reply back :)

Don't worry about those SRBs, they're pretty far off so I haven't really given thought to how to organize them / what needs to be included.

Alright, here's.... not Atlas? That can't be right. Well, with @Beale putting some more work into Black Arrow I took another whack at getting the greebles for the Blue Streak engine done. I'm a lot happier with it now, which isn't saying much. Shown here with a Titan fuel tank, since I was testing how it looked next to BDB stuff, and the Blue Streak tank needs to be redone with better UVs.

DQh9mHP.pngQD5ojJP.pngAzVHvBh.png

Hello, this may be answered somewhere on this topic, but I haven't found one. I had a question about how to install the real names folder as well as the Saturn V resize txt file. Where would I put them for them to work properly? 

16 minutes ago, Pupper said:

Hello, this may be answered somewhere on this topic, but I haven't found one. I had a question about how to install the real names folder as well as the Saturn V resize txt file. Where would I put them for them to work properly? 

drag into gamedate in the KSP folder, jeb's your uncle.

Nice work on the Blue Streak, it definitely opens things up for possibly making the earlier versions of the Europa rocket (before the UK withdrew from the program in 1968) and the Black Prince too.

MOAR PICS - guest starring @Beale's Black Arrow first stage! Yesterday I basically finished the Blue Streak's engine and the main fuel tank, and started work on the adapter tank and the extension tank (the ribbed part below the Centaur interstage in the right of the first pic). The engine will have toggleable sides - the originals and a smooth variant for strapping SRBs to the side. A separate toggle enables/disables the shrouds that protect the engine bells from debris and flames from strap ons. Note that in the first image, the rocket on the right has a stretched main fuel tank below the extension tank. I am planning on also making short tanks by cutting out middle segments from the smooth and ribbed sections of the main first stage tank. The smooth oxidizer tank segments - which are balloon construction, similar to Atlas - will not be surface attachable.

As a reminder, these will not be part of BDB, but are a joint project between myself and @Beale (And we'll probably beg @Jso to balance it and make any configs we need). Visit his thread for ongoing updates on the Black Arrow parts - he's got some cool stuff coming down the line! The first release will focus exclusively on the British Blue Streak and Black Arrow, along with their variants. There may or may not be additional expansions made to cover the Europa rocket line, but the primary focus is just updating the old Tantares NLV parts.

rFZnpd4.png02f9voA.pngU71BVIm.pngNvOEXvl.pnghEwfhkS.pngDazms6i.png

Realized how bad my Unity materials have been after messing around with Maya's... was able to change some settings in the KSP materials (not on the back end, i just wasn't adjusting the sliders correctly this entire time) and was able to get much better looking metal...

RLUl79v.pngpG8oOiH.pngdUqgQWR.png