[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

JthaNyP.png

Station I put together. I know the residents of spacelab in ETS would find that one a little absurd. Funhouse mirror absurd. And yes, I know, rather pointless project.... given its a sandbox save. But I had fun doing it... at least after hitting my head on the wall for 15 minutes as I tried to get a launch go right until finally realizing I had the control from here location upside down. [Yes, mechjeb, yes I know... heard it all years ago] 
Edited by VhenRa

5 hours ago, VhenRa said:

Station I put together. I know the residents of spacelab in ETS would find that one a little absurd. Funhouse mirror absurd. And yes, I know, rather pointless project.... given its a sandbox save. But I had fun doing it... at least after hitting my head on the wall for 15 minutes as I tried to get a launch go right until finally realizing I had the control from here location upside down. [Yes, mechjeb, yes I know... heard it all years ago] 

IDK you could have made a DOS style 6 way docking node for your end-piece instead of the Skylab one and it would have been a useful large First To Orbit (FTO) Station.  Sure later stations would have more capabilities but given the lego block construction who cares... Update update update.  A new station isn't needed :)

The ONLY change I would have suggested was when using the Wet lab Skylab module use the Skylab solar panels or otherwise mount different (MOL?) Panels on the Skylab-wetlab before launch.  That leaves room for you if you want to dock a space plane (SSTO, Shuttle, X20 ETC) to the station.... and they are BDB parts :D

PS Nice use of the Venus Flyby module in conjunction with the wetlab.  That is my prefered Skylab experience for non historical space stations.

Edited by Pappystein

15 hours ago, Abrecan said:

made mine a bit longer... maybe too long but a block II sits on the top with more than enough dV to get back home. I also play on 2.5x I'm gonna tinker with this more

6 hours ago, VhenRa said:

Cool stuff guys! Love seeing what people make with the parts :)

In other news, since several people have asked me recently about streaming (And I could have sworn I explained it here on the forums but I don't see it)... Well, at the moment I live in a studio apartment with my SO. I don't like streaming when she's home since I like having the mic and camera on. However, this Sunday she picked up a shift at work so I believe I will be able to stream Sunday afternoon! :) Will post more info, probably Sunday morning, with confirmation and start time.

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

The ONLY change I would have suggested was when using the Wet lab Skylab module use the Skylab solar panels or otherwise mount different (MOL?) Panels on the Skylab-wetlab before launch.  That leaves room for you if you want to dock a space plane (SSTO, Shuttle, X20 ETC) to the station.... and they are BDB parts :D

Couldn't get the Skylab panels to look nice for me, always looked weird and wrong... and TBH most of the others didn't look very good attached to the side of the Wetlab module during launch. Like "This is just gonna sheer off" [Even if it wouldn't]. Wetlab's engine was used for the launch and I actually had an Apollo Block III Capsule... on top of the adapter during launch. And spaceplanes... do not mix with me. We have an agreement, I don't bother them, they don't bother me. 

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

PS Nice use of the Venus Flyby module in conjunction with the wetlab.  That is my prefered Skylab experience for non historical space stations.

And yeah, I used the Venus flyby module. My reasoning was it would be the initial habitation space while the wet workshop was properly fitted out and would provide the initial docking port. Basically a hybrid wet and dry workshop layout. And afterwards provides more pressurized volume, no one ever complained about more volume. That and I used the top of the adapter and had the crew riding ontop of the launch. I actually had them transposition and dock before insertion burn. Meaning the panels went floating back down. 

23 minutes ago, VhenRa said:

Couldn't get the Skylab panels to look nice for me, always looked weird and wrong... and TBH most of the others didn't look very good attached to the side of the Wetlab module during launch. Like "This is just gonna sheer off" [Even if it wouldn't]. Wetlab's engine was used for the launch and I actually had an Apollo Block III Capsule... on top of the adapter during launch. And spaceplanes... do not mix with me. We have an agreement, I don't bother them, they don't bother me.

What do you mean they looked weird/wrong? Like they were broken or...?

7 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

What do you mean they looked weird/wrong? Like they were broken or...?

Had a hard time getting them to look like skylab layout in first place... and the asymmetrical of them as intended also annoyed the living daylights out of me. That and their single facing.  

Just now, VhenRa said:

Had a hard time getting them to look like skylab layout in first place... and the asymmetrical of them as intended also annoyed the living daylights out of me. That and their single facing.  

Hmm, they should automatically face the same way when you place them. The Skylab layout is simply 2x symmetry, I use the tan pipe on the front of the station to line up the one I place, it goes one 'snap' to the right in the VAB (ie, opposite the window that's adjacent to the pipe). Then they should deploy correctly. If they aren't automatically being set to face the panels the same way, make sure you're using the right version of BDB for the version of KSP you're running. :)

32 minutes ago, VhenRa said:

Sorry for using it on pad, but it illustrates right. It might deploy alright on symmetry x2, right as intended...

But the way one panel is higher then the other, while historical... annoys the hell out of me. 

Yup. I think (if you were placing the right one and letting symmetry place the other) it needs to be one more 'tick' to the right - not on top of the pipe, but to the right of it. As for the rest... I didn't design it :)

22 hours ago, Abrecan said:

Upon Tinkering, I made the C-8... BDB and Tweakscale used. It would be great to get a few more hollow structural adapters/decouplers like the S-IVB adapter as they can add a lot of cool options.

4 hours ago, Abrecan said:

Oh yeah... This beast is Tall...

Mind if I copy it? :sticktongue:

screenshot283.png?width=1070&height=703
tumblr_pfftb0RqCl1v11sjlo1_1280.png
screenshot267.png?width=1123&height=702

On 9/12/2018 at 4:38 PM, damonvv said:

This is my Space Program

So I know I'm ten days late, but where did you get the model for those launch pads? They look different from the standard KSC launch pad in-game.

Also, is there a particular mod you used to place multiple pads or did you do that yourself?

6 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

So I know I'm ten days late, but where did you get the model for those launch pads? They look different from the standard KSC launch pad in-game.

Also, is there a particular mod you used to place multiple pads or did you do that yourself?

You can place multiple Pads with Kerbal Konstructs.

pdG0noO.png

Near Final Design... Resorted back to standard sizes for the S-II-8 and S-IVB-2 and increased the length to compensate for the diameter difference, which was ok imo b/c it's now taller than the Saturn V :science:

The S-IC-8 is probably my new favorite stage Aesthetic-wise 

Edited by Abrecan

7 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

You can place multiple Pads with Kerbal Konstructs.

I’m not referring to the mobile launcher platform, I actually use Modular Launch Pads myself. I meant the actual launch pad building, is it just me or does it look different than the usual model we have in stock KSP?

49 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I’m not referring to the mobile launcher platform, I actually use Modular Launch Pads myself. I meant the actual launch pad building, is it just me or does it look different than the usual model we have in stock KSP?

Tundra Space Center, although those particular pads haven't been added yet