[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Know what we haven't talked about enough? Payloads. Coatl Aerospace already has a great (if, slightly different styled) Voyager and Cassini, with Viking on the way. I've been looking for some other payloads for the Titan stuff that would be interesting to have, and preferably would be large enough to require the higher end rockets. Here's a peek at one of the payloads - Helios!

XV3fbxr.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

It’s a shame that except for Cassini, Titan IV didn’t seem to launch anything but spy or communications satellites. I was hoping for some pretty new payloads to launch with it. :P

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

LR-87-AJ3 is in game!

If I might ask,  Is there a chance of a small engine mount for the E-1 with space for two vertical LR91s (not the side attach ones)?

I have flown 4x E-1 powered Titan Is in my new career I just started and every option I have used (not including using tweakscale) has not felt "right" or "Good"   The Titan I engine mount has a clipping issue with the E-1 due to the Dome's flat area being smaller than the E-1 engine ring....  And the Saturn 1E engine mount looks a bit... err WRONG scaled down to 1.875m

BTW the Titan I E-1 seems to be a great launcher for Enhanced Mercury (Mercury capsule with a small single place add on module inline.)  I am about to attemt a Gemini with the 1.5m Service module on a Standard Titan I-E-1

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I am about to attemt a Gemini with the 1.5m Service module on a Standard Titan I-E-1

Think big Pappystein, Why scale down at all :P?

HzW6GUjh.png

1h4EE3mh.png

KxjaYqch.png

5j9w19qh.png

I'm actually playing a career game with BARIS, a part failure mod where flight heritage of parts matter (plus you have the investment you made into improving the reliability of parts). So I've been incentivised to take Titan I as far as it'll go before "developing" Titan II.

its also the reason why I am investing into the full size service module and am using an LES, which looks nice on Gemini (have to tweakscale the Mercury one up a hair for a perfect fit)

No?

Maybe show some screenshots, post your logs, so that we get a better idea on what you're doing? What KSP version and what BDB version are you using? Are all your dependencies up to date? (Asking, because I tripped into that pothole myself a few times...)

10 hours ago, Pappystein said:

If I might ask,  Is there a chance of a small engine mount for the E-1 with space for two vertical LR91s (not the side attach ones)?

I have flown 4x E-1 powered Titan Is in my new career I just started and every option I have used (not including using tweakscale) has not felt "right" or "Good"   The Titan I engine mount has a clipping issue with the E-1 due to the Dome's flat area being smaller than the E-1 engine ring....  And the Saturn 1E engine mount looks a bit... err WRONG scaled down to 1.875m

BTW the Titan I E-1 seems to be a great launcher for Enhanced Mercury (Mercury capsule with a small single place add on module inline.)  I am about to attemt a Gemini with the 1.5m Service module on a Standard Titan I-E-1

I usually attach the LR-101s in the same position that @Zorg attached his in the post after yours, using the new standalone Titan 1 shroud.

3 hours ago, Cousnouf said:

Hello there, any idea why when I use bluedog tanks, despite switching to the proper fuel for the engine I've attached, I've got no delta-v and the rocket doesn't work?

Thanks for the answers!

Yeah, need more info like @StarStreak2109 said. Do you have Community Resource Patch? You mean you were trying to use an engine powered by LH2, right?

Edited by CobaltWolf

18 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I usually attach the LR-101s in the same position that @Zorg attached his in the post after yours, using the new standalone Titan 1 shroud.

Ok here is a question then.  Can we get a measurement of the dome in the stand alone shroud so the E-1 fits correctly?   You can see in Zorg's awesome pic-set that the E-1 ring is floating in the open.    A node switch on the E-1 allowing the ring to move further up would be nice (not necessary as I can do a part move but I just thought it might be a good idea.

FTR:  I was just trying to find a way to use the Vertical (Saturn) instead of the horizontal (Atlas) LR101s with Titan 1 to keep it in the confines of the silo..... not that any mod except The old SS-18/Depner mod by Themorris had/have a silo!

8 hours ago, Zorg said:

Think big Pappystein, Why scale down at all :P?

5j9w19qh.png

I'm actually playing a career game with BARIS, a part failure mod where flight heritage of parts matter (plus you have the investment you made into improving the reliability of parts). So I've been incentivised to take Titan I as far as it'll go before "developing" Titan II.

Wow, I haven't used BARIS in.... I think literary years.

I think my full Gemini Titan I flight is going to use the 1.5m SM that has long been my favorite "non-standard" Gemini part.... No Boat tail on my space capsule!   And therefor no CTS-100 + Atlas V/Vulcan for me! :) 

Out of Curiosity is the Mercury LES you have onboard a modified one?

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Rest of the UA120s are up on Github

MhbhIDB.jpg

err... when did you start making British Strategic Bombers?   That sure looks like a Vulcan B.2 to me climbing vertical...   

That is awesome that you even made a UA1208 for Saturn-MB + many of the early conceptual Shuttles that lead to STS!

So love the new SRMs... Just did a Titan 23C-6 Gemini Flyby of the Mun with massive science grab....  However the 1.875m decoupler for the SRMs is not unlocked until the level AFTER the UA120x family.   Is this as desired?    I attempted to create a pull request for it in the Github...

Moving the node for the Decoupler from AdvancedConstruction to advRocketry