[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

14 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Pshaw.   I Understand the "I don't remember what we were doing next."   As the GM I have either A) the most fun with it or B) the most frustration with that aspect.  

A few points on this set of models:     And I know some of these questions are FAR future so feel free not to answer any you don't want to.

• I assume this is what you were going for with the original MOL docking ports?
  • Is that a LOCK that will be animated across the ring in the lower picture?  
  • Is there a plan to evolve this docking port to "later" standards?   IE would it be future proof for station building or will a "replacement" come along?  
  • Is there a thought to integrating this with a future Skylab/SpaceLab part (IE making parts for Spacelab/Skylab that can use this part)
  • Will this system be directionally unlocked (can I join the correct pair of gendered ports at any angle in relation to each other?)
  • I know the photos are semi-early in the dev cycle.   Might I suggest using the admittedly poor metal reflection on the Ring it self and the part of the grasper claw that would commonly contact the ring ((the base of the fork at and below the ring INSIDE the grasper.)   Cuz no paint is going to last in those areas.  It is a small enough area that the reflection system wouldn't be too ugly and it would allow you to maybe have fun with painting the ring (Painted with places where the paint has been rubbed off by the forks?   IDK just an idea
  • Last comment:   I like the over all look of the models.  I can't wait to see how you paint em up and I can't wait to build YET ANOTHER MOL station in orbit :P.
  •  

Its extra bad for us because we are a group of absolute shmucks that are doing a job way out of our league? And every character has side action going on :P

I hope you'll be happy to know that the airlock got mocked up in the car last night. Its supposed to be basically a standalone version of the MOL airlock - check the N-MOL drawings on Mike Jenne's website - so its basically a 0.9375m tube with a hatch on the end. There's still going to be some external greebling but yeah. Probably going to add a porch light to it.

Was thinking about if I can whip up a flip-out... Pole? For EVA assistance. I don't think Kerbal is very well suites for trying to conduct EVAs without using the jetpack tho.

Also, I've been told that the Making History service bays have detachable shrouds without needing additional parts? I need to experiment with it for stuff like solar panels but idk. Might be more work than its worth, I want to finish this update after all lol and it would be a bunch more work for a lot of these parts to do it right.

In response to questions:

- kinda.

- yes. There is a latch mechanism that secured the ring (I need to work on it more) in addition to the bolts getting done up at the actual merge point.

- I am still updating the 'androgynous' ports in this update. They would come later in the tree.

- nothing stops you from using this stuff with Skylab. I'm still planning on trying to add some more structural parts like more adapters. (On another note, I need to convert the existing parts to this new end cap style). If you want to use it right away it may require some clipping.

- I am planning on making them snap, im not sure the increment yet. I feel like its a QoL thing, not winding up with stuff docked at weird angles all the time.

- I would just... Texture them like I normally texture metal?

- I am very excited too. Will try to have even more stuff modeled for next week. I should have a couple evenings and part of next weekend to stream texturing stuff so for now I'm just trying to get more models textured and prepped.

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

190831T164718.532 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/FX/PlumeParty/Engines/Turbine/shock2' not found!
190831T164721.861 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Engines/bluedog_Scout_NRM' not found!
190831T164721.874 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Engines/bluedog_Scout_NRM' not found!
190831T164721.910 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Engines/bluedog_Scout_NRM' not found!
190831T164721.925 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Engines/bluedog_Scout_NRM' not found!
190831T164721.979 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Engines/bluedog_Scout_NRM' not found!
190831T164722.041 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Engines/bluedog_Scout_NRM' not found!

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

1 hour ago, N3N said:

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

Shouldn't be an issue. That Scout stuff is deprecated and was replaced with stuff in a different folder. Dont know why or how it would be throwing that error unless I accidentally deleted more.

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Shouldn't be an issue. That Scout stuff is deprecated and was replaced with stuff in a different folder. Dont know why or how it would be throwing that error unless I accidentally deleted more.

Hey,

Thank you!

15 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Its extra bad for us because we are a group of absolute shmucks that are doing a job way out of our league? And every character has side action going on :P

Ooof!   And this is for a Mega-corp driven alternate future?   Your GM must have less hair than me! :P

I hope you'll be happy to know that the airlock got mocked up in the car last night. Its supposed to be basically a standalone version of the MOL airlock - check the N-MOL drawings on Mike Jenne's website - so its basically a 0.9375m tube with a hatch on the end. There's still going to be some external greebling but yeah. Probably going to add a porch light to it.

Was thinking about if I can whip up a flip-out... Pole? For EVA assistance. I don't think Kerbal is very well suites for trying to conduct EVAs without using the jetpack tho.

Awesome!  And yes I agree since there is no way to make a rope that a Kerbal can climb in game (I think THIS is one of the biggest failings of KSP by the way...)   Besides too many of us players are Kamikaze pilots and would blindly crash into said pole while attempting our docking maneuvers... while *I* have learned not to.... well lets just say Mechjeb for the win?

- I am planning on making them snap, im not sure the increment yet. I feel like its a QoL thing, not winding up with stuff docked at weird angles all the time.

I want to make certain we are using the same verbage here...   You are going to have the ports snap to a specific orientation?   If I am understanding you correctly please allow for more than 4 snap locations then...  APAS's 3 may be true to life but it SUCKS when making a station (and I don't like using the Probe/Drogue for station building cause it is too small and hard to un-dock from between large parts... Unfortunately APAS is 100% easier ('cause it is bigger!)  My opinion is 4 is the minimum number of snaps.   12 is probably the "easy" maximum number of snap locations and gives the 120degree rotation that APAS offers. (12, 4 and 8 like a clock face)   It is probably too much work but if you feel like making the dockingport both unique and similar to many ships and structures on the sea, you could put index marks/numbers around the fork side and a single Arrow on the ring side of the ports....   That way in space you know WHAT position you are docked at.

Most Naval Ships have said marks on their Turret structures (if they are manned turrets with optical targeting only so not on say a modern Arleigh Burke or Sovremennyy DDG)

- I would just... Texture them like I normally texture metal?

awe... I was imagining a chrome Ring and the inside of the fork/latch being chrome as well...    Well never-mind... as we have discussed previously, you are the art expert... I am decidedly not.   I am not sure what I am but I am decidedly NOT a texturing expert... or journeymen or even neophyte.   Every attempt at texturing I have done has been consigned to the "OMG what were you THINKING!!!" pile...  Followed by people running away screaming "My Eyes!  My Eyes!" :P

Anyway. I hope you have a great holiday Vacation!

20 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Most Naval Ships have said marks on their Turret structures (if they are manned turrets with optical targeting only so not on say a modern Arleigh Burke or Sovremennyy DDG)

Not sure what navy you are talking about, but here in the US we've used computers since the 30s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_gun_fire-control_system#US_Navy_Analogue_Gun_Fire_Control_Systems_(GFCS).

Jeesh, kids these days thinking they invented computers...

Hey, I'm somewhere where I can get an internet connection on my laptop!

So, enjoy a preview of... some of the parts? I'll be working on when I get back.
In vaguely... left to right order?
1.5m crew module, 0.9375m crew tube, large deployable solar array, 1.875m>1.5m adapter, Ring docking port, 1.875m>1.25m adapter
Fork docking port, Gemini LES, 1.875m>0.9375m adapter, airlock, androgynous docking port
Cargo bay, dipole antenna, structural endcap, two-room station module, one-room station module

2NMEefK.png

I am so ready to get out of this car... Laptop's battery ran out, but not before I got another set of solar panels modeled. I have my work cut out for me. I'm going to stream once I get back to my apartment, starting around 4-4:30 Eastern. Planning on texturing as long as I can, and then once I run out of steam on that I'll switch to getting the stuff from last week in game so at least theres some new stuff. :)

Finally got a chance to get back to KSP and try out the new MOL stuff. And we're starting with...

qqwhypQh.jpg

A mockup made mostly from procedural parts launched on Titan III-C :P Gotta do this properly.

What I anticipate to be the first of many MOL iterations as Cobalt continues to work on new parts. Launched on Titan III-M of course.

UmRfuNgh.jpg

0d7DgvHh.jpg

V2vXJ79h.jpg

bR43BY1h.jpg

32 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Finally got a chance to get back to KSP and try out the new MOL stuff. And we're starting with...

qqwhypQh.jpg

A mockup made mostly from procedural parts launched on Titan III-C :P Gotta do this properly.

What I anticipate to be the first of many MOL iterations as Cobalt continues to work on new parts. Launched on Titan III-M of course.

UmRfuNgh.jpg

0d7DgvHh.jpg

V2vXJ79h.jpg

bR43BY1h.jpg

Pics look Noice!

1 hour ago, Dragon01 said:

Are those filters applied to the screenshots, or is this KS3P? If the latter, could you post your profile?

These are some custom edits I did in Photoshop/Lightroom although once the issues with KS3P v6 are sorted out I plan to create a series of KS3P configs in with various colour profiles similar to these. Should be even easier once the curves functionality is implemented. The built in KS3P film grain will always be too harsh compared to these though.

edit: I am using KS3P in these pics though, its just the colour corrections and film grain are done on top of it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyqo4qhygzwb9f1/Config6.cfg?dl=0

This config is derived from the one Orbital Phoenix posted in his screenshot thread but has been tuned for Jrodriguez's KS3P DX11 fork which Im using while KS3P v6 is being fixed.

https://github.com/jrodrigv/KS3P/releases

Edited by Zorg

Some more MOL and Gemini Ferry stuff. Although I need to deorbit these and send up MOL 2 with the new stuff added yesterday!

gmc9o5sh.jpg

tFUR8Sfh.jpg

XwnytlTh.jpg

Was using the low profile Agena port here which IRL wouldnt have been able to transfer resources or crew. Guess they had to resupply via EVA :P

Holy smokes Zorg those are incredible! Indeed, there was some new stuff uploaded last night:

- New tracking solar panels. There will also be a double-width version, as well as non-tracking versions of both that unlock earlier/are cheaper.
- One room station module
- Two room station module
- Structural endcap
- MOL Cargo bay

All of these parts still need some texture detailing / greebling, but I was getting burnt on texturing last night and wanted to just get something in game so people could test.

A MOL testing some of the new parts:

mN5ykP5.png
LWMBG3V.png

And I made some sort of... idk electronics warfare MOL? Idk it doesn't look that good. Excited to get some docking ports and stuff done so that we can make some modular stations. :)

8s6CsBd.png
UJ9ebCO.png
KdOpBOa.png
XViZG0D.png

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

UJ9ebCO.pngXViZG0D.png

I would say that is a good ELINT / SIGINT bird alright.   Raven missions FTW!?

I can't wait to play with the new parts....  Sadly it won't be today for me I don't think....   Stupid chores!

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

Some more MOL and Gemini Ferry stuff. Although I need to deorbit these and send up MOL 2 with the new stuff added yesterday!

DEORBIT????!!!   Naw, just re-purpose your existing parts and patch the new parts on top of the existing ones man!   Make it a space mountain of obsolete and new parts! :P