[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

15 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

i figured y'all might find this interesting

https://www.thespacereview.com/article/2596/1

15 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

Now that's a part of post-lunar Apollo history you don't usually hear about. :)

7 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

So thats where OoS Apollo 14 came from...

47 minutes ago, Cedric Feldmann - Bear said:

Will this contribute to an Lunar Orbital survey mission?

If I remember, it's the KH-7 specifically that was proposed (since it was already "old" tech compared to the KH-8). But since the camera bodies are all individual parts, you could do crazy astronaut stuff with any of them :)

(if you don't know the "crazy astronaut stuff" line, y'all really should be reading Ocean of Storms )

On 12/25/2019 at 12:40 PM, KSP United said:

This is a great mod and all, and i really love it. I appreciate your hard work. However, could you bring back the petaliser for the Sarnus payload adapter? I would love that. Sorry if this has already been answered.

I'm not sure what you mean, both versions are still there?

Better view of the stuff added earlier this week. Planning on doing a dev stream 4 PM - 10 PM Eastern tomorrow to try and get more work done on the Keyhole stuff. Not planning on getting things in game tomorrow.

LN9s2Vw.png

33 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

I'm not trying to be demanding or anything but i'm not seeing it on github. Would it be in the ProbeExpansion folder?

Not demanding at all - in fact, you're right! Looks like I forgot to upload it to the Github. Must've been more concerned recording the video. :)

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/commit/0f8dbfe86366fcd605b049bf4d2978618829be32

13 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Better view of the stuff added earlier this week. Planning on doing a dev stream 4 PM - 10 PM Eastern tomorrow to try and get more work done on the Keyhole stuff. Not planning on getting things in game tomorrow.

Seriously, stuff like this makes me wonder why you're not doing a historically-based total game overhaul in the same vein as Restock. Everything you do is outstanding, and by this point you seem to have every type and piece of hardware covered. Bealeyboy could do the same with Making History. Imagine that as an extra game mode :D

Keep being awesome! 

20 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm not sure what you mean, both versions are still there?

LN9s2Vw.png

Oh. I didn't check. it was buried under everything. 

Edited by KSP United

As a modder, I find the hardest part is keeping up with my ideas. With that, here's a list I made to keep track of all the stuff that's on my mind right now... dev stream booting up.

TO DO (in no particular order):

- Titan 3B paint scheme
- Thor / Agena-B paint scheme for Agena Straight Interstage

- "Titan" texture variant for Redstone, Thor
- "Cream" texture for Thor
- "Olive Drab" texture for Thor

- KH-1 Camera
- KH-4 Camera
- KH-4B Camera
- KH-7 Camera
- KH-7 OCV
- KH-8 Camera

- Dual Return Pod Adapter
- 0.9375m > 0.625m Return Pod Adapter
- Titan 3B Adapter
- 0.9375m Generic Decoupler

- Finish OSO
- OSO Standalone Experiment
- OSO-7 Experiment
- OSO-7 Core

- Multiple Payload Adapter
- Agena Standard Fairing Base
- Alouette-2

- Finish Agena-B Engine Shroud
- Finish Agena Engine Mount
- Reduced mono version of Agena D Equipment Rack
- Agena Retrothrust Module

- Castor IV
- Castor IV XL

On 12/28/2019 at 1:10 AM, CobaltWolf said:

With that, here's a list I made to keep track of all the stuff that's on my mind right now...

A suggestion, if I may: any chance of Centaur Jr.?

This one:

atlas-eff-centaur.jpg

As you see, it has the same diameter as Thor\Delta. Would be a nice option for LTT...

4 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

A suggestion, if I may: any chance of Centaur Jr.?

This one:

As you see, it has the same diameter as Thor\Delta. Would be a nice option for LTT...

Unless he changes his mind, Cobalt said it was HOSS for Delta or Centaur Jr as they almost fill the exact same role.   He built HOSS a month or so ago....   I THINK...  Checks game directory..

Yep HOSS Engine mount,  HOSS Avionics and HOSS tank are in the game (* at-least in the DEV version.)   HOSS and Centaur have similar rolls but HOSS dispenses with expensive things like....  INSULATION....THICK WALLs,.... SPACES between the Tanks..... etc To make a cheap High Energy Upper stage.  

ALSO please note that those Atlas Fs were never built.  Those are the Super Stretched Atlas F ICBM that was designed to take a Thermonuclear Warhead....  With H-2 engines!     I think you end up using 2 of the Long tanks and one of the Short tanks to make that tank structure.. AKA it is slightly longer than Atlas III (going from memory and suffering from a LOSS induced migraine as I type this so if the part count or length are wrong sorry!)     I did put a Patch for the H-1 engine (upscaling the model a bit) to make the H-2 in the Pafftek folder under BDB Extras for this rocket.   However this Rocket can ALMOST fly equally well with the final RS-56 engines and 4 Castor IVAs just like the Atlas IIAS/Atlas III.  

Edited by Pappystein

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

Unless he changes his mind, Cobalt said it was HOSS for Delta or Centaur Jr as they almost fill the exact same role.   He built HOSS a month or so ago....   I THINK...  Checks game directory..

Yep HOSS Engine mount,  HOSS Avionics and HOSS tank are in the game (* at-least in the DEV version.)   HOSS and Centaur have similar rolls but HOSS dispenses with expensive things like....  INSULATION....THICK WALLs,.... SPACES between the Tanks..... etc To make a cheap High Energy Upper stage. 

Got that, thanks! Guess I should check the dev version more often :)

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

I think you end up using 2 of the Long tanks and one of the Short tanks to make that tank structure.. AKA it is slightly longer than Atlas III

The "F" above stands between II and III. The best approximation for it would be BMMMS, with DEC Common Centaur on top.

7 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Note, Centaur also uses a common bulkhead, a balloon tank and you can't dispense with insulation on an LH2 stage because air will condense on it (a very bad thing). HOSS is, essentially, a smaller Centaur, or a H-1 (Japanese Delta derivative) upper stage.

Stumbled upon a C-class 160-ton asteroid on Kerbin orbit (135900km x 7010km x 32 degrees inclination*) while being at level 1 R&D (I often refrain from upgrading it in order to force myself to use "old" stuff).

Many Transtages sacrificed their lives to bring it to more "manageable" orbit, and even more will, since the damn thing is so heavy.

I hope People for Ethical Treatment of Transtages won't read this. Because I doubt they'll like putting Vega tanks as extenders.

Also, BDB Titan IV rocks.

*2.5x rescale

EDIT: Okay, I admit I've "cheated" a bit - I've unlocked the Klaw. Without it, all I can do is bump the Transtage into the rock and try to push it into some direction. I'm not that cruel. Transtages have rights too, okay?

Edited by biohazard15