[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

12 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

How was it to fly?

well I fly by hand, and Delta tends to roll for me while the boosters are on but after that it was like butter.  TWR on both the upper stage and the landing SRM are kind of high, but for a direct lunar ascent high TWR on the upper stage isn't bad. I also had to underfuel the upper 1st stage tank just a notch or two to get the pad TWR up over 1.2. Upper stage was a tiny bit overfueled. So it's pretty but it would need tuning to get it just right for that mission.

9 hours ago, computercat04 said:

One of the best YouTube channels ever.

Uhhh.   Crack Cocaine much?  :D *I AM JOKING*   Seriously I have never seen this YouTube ch so I can't comment.  But we, who like mods should all know it is Mike Patey you need to be watching :P

"Huh, I want to put this 13 liter 600HP 8 Cylinder race plane engine in a piper cub that was originally designed for a 1.9 Liter 40Hp 4 Cylinder Engine....and excepting the Skin and the Avionics I want to make it out of crashed and scrapped items/aircraft"

very Kerbal, Very Scientific, and you can Learn how to do crap watching him! :D

2 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Uhhh.   Crack Cocaine much?  :D *I AM JOKING*   Seriously I have never seen this YouTube ch so I can't comment.  But we, who like mods should all know it is Mike Patey you need to be watching :P

"Huh, I want to put this 13 liter 600HP 8 Cylinder race plane engine in a piper cub that was originally designed for a 1.9 Liter 40Hp 4 Cylinder Engine....and excepting the Skin and the Avionics I want to make it out of crashed and scrapped items/aircraft"

very Kerbal, Very Scientific, and you can Learn how to do crap watching him! :D

I have never heard of it but I searched it now and it seems to be about science and engineering, something I'm into.

3 minutes ago, computercat04 said:

I have never heard of it but I searched it now and it seems to be about science and engineering, something I'm into.

Start with either Draco 1  or Scrappy 1 (don't start in the middle or it can be hard to follow what is going on.)  

Sadly the ground loop monster took Draco in September 2019 (broken fingernail was only reported injury) due to extreme windgust + pilot error.

I'm having some issues with the Gemini docking ports, specifically the low profile one for the moon lander. When I try to dock with it, the ports won't connect. They'll attract each other, but won't dock. I've included some pictures showing the issue.

Spoiler

HGMGliK.png

I'm trying to dock with the lunar lander

jDfe3KW.jpg

I have the ports lined up properly, but they won't connect.

EDIT: I'm using the latest version of BDB and KSP 1.10.1 with Breaking Ground. 

Edited by Hay
Add version used

5 minutes ago, Hay said:

I'm having some issues with the Gemini docking ports, specifically the low profile one for the moon lander. When I try to dock with it, the ports won't connect. They'll attract each other, but won't dock. I've included some pictures showing the issue.

Hide contents

HGMGliK.png

jDfe3KW.jpg

Make sure you decoupled your docking port. It happened to me once. Right click on the Nose Docking Mechanism and click decouple (or decouple node idk).

11 minutes ago, Hay said:

I already did that

Make sure it's the right way round (the docking key should go into the slot on the landers port) and also make sure the port isn't blocked by anything or nudged into the lander.  I haven't tried the low profile port for a while so it could conceivably be broken, but will test and let you know.

Edited by Friznit

5 hours ago, Hay said:

Hide contents

There WAS a bug where the port was 180degrees from where the Nose cone needed it to be.   I thought that was fixed for release.   But for Grins try rotating it so you are 180 degrees off of "0"   (the Key is on the opposite side from the "V"

7642539062_album.png

hi i need help. How can I edit the fairing so that it fits again?

Maybe there is an explanation for that somewhere
"module procedural fairing" and
"ModuleSimpleAdjustableFairing"?

would be very grateful.

Edited by msp307

7 hours ago, Hay said:

Reveal hidden contents

HGMGliK.png

jDfe3KW.jpg

7 hours ago, computercat04 said:

Make sure you decoupled your docking port. It happened to me once. Right click on the Nose Docking Mechanism and click decouple (or decouple node idk).

6 hours ago, Friznit said:

Make sure it's the right way round (the docking key should go into the slot on the landers port) and also make sure the port isn't blocked by anything or nudged into the lander.  I haven't tried the low profile port for a while so it could conceivably be broken, but will test and let you know.

If I remember I forgot to fix the low profile port to work with the revamped Gemini nose.

Hi, I am using the latest BDB release in KSP 1.8 and while sending the Duna lander to the Mun I noticed that if I try to activate the interior overlay in it, it appears rotated of 180 degrees compared to what it should be. I can provide a screenshot if needed